The Horror That is the Friendship Express DVD

I saw this at walmart today and picked it up --- but make no mistake it's not to watch, it went straight into my "collectors items" bin (fully wrapped in factory plastic) --- Think about it, this is the "original 'offensive' derpy" version AND it has a sound error, this thing will be worth hundreds in the future!

also of note, Walmart only had 3 left (counting the one I got) so apparently there are a few people buying it

Also of note, the woman at the checkout didn't even give it a second glance as she wrang it up. I was expecting to end up with a 30 minute conservation about how I must be some kind of freak for buying a MLP DVD (ofc, on the other paw she might have looked at it and then me and thought 'he must have a daughter')

I saw this at walmart today and picked it up --- but make no mistake it's not to watch, it went straight into my "collectors items" bin (fully wrapped in factory plastic) --- Think about it, this is the "original 'offensive' derpy" version AND it has a sound error, this thing will be worth hundreds in the future!

Whatever you say...

P0160w.jpg

*GASP* huge Plushie pile! sweet celestia, you have a lot of benie babies tales! (I think I have 6 total)

You do have a point though, but I think FiM has gotten bigger than BBs did, depending on how Hasbro handles it, The first-edition DVD will either be worth it's weight in gold... or it will become a common drink colorful coaster in brony households... (Praying for the former, fearing the latter... but still hoping and praying they dont mess this up!)

FiM has definitly not gotten bigger then Beanie Babies. FiM might have a large unexpected audience but Beanie Babies broke over to the mainstream and had far more people trying to buy them. I would say the FiM audience is probably overall more passionate about it.

*GASP* huge Plushie pile! sweet celestia, you have a lot of benie babies tales! (I think I have 6 total)

You do have a point though, but I think FiM has gotten bigger than BBs did, depending on how Hasbro handles it, The first-edition DVD will either be worth it's weight in gold... or it will become a common drink colorful coaster in brony households... (Praying for the former, fearing the latter... but still hoping and praying they dont mess this up!)

FiM has definitly not gotten bigger then Beanie Babies. FiM might have a large unexpected audience but Beanie Babies broke over to the mainstream and had far more people trying to buy them. I would say the FiM audience is probably overall more passionate about it.

Those aren't even mine, I just used Google. The point I was trying to make is that people said that Beanie Babies would be worth lots of money later on, because they would become collectable... Now they're a dime a dozen in thrift stores.

For some reason, the place I worked at sold a Beanie Babies price guide, and the funny thing is that they listed the 'values' these things had at the time the book was printed and then the values they would be 10 years from now! And every other BB was listed in the hundreds of dollars..yeah.. :kissy: sure..

Those aren't even mine, I just used Google. The point I was trying to make is that people said that Beanie Babies would be worth lots of money later on, because they would become collectable... Now they're a dime a dozen in thrift stores.

Meh, even if so it's only $10, it's a nice momento if FiM does fade into obscurity. I have no regrets :)

There's always some sort of collectible fad. Remember pogs?! YES POGS!

Pogs? isnt that a dog breed?

j/k I actually do remember them, I find some now and then as I dig through old boxes of stuff. It was... interesting... lol

There's always some sort of collectible fad. Remember pogs?! YES POGS!

Lol, I remember pogs. I also remember my first beanie baby. It was a cat and it was before the fad really became a fad. I just wanted the cat, lol. Then it bacame the thing to have and I got many more beanie babies. Haha, my sister and I were too young to want to keep them pristine. We played with them. I have a penguin beanie baby signed by a manager of then Penguins and some other people associated with the team closely. I was in 8th grade and not really a fan so I wasn't paying attention to who the people were. xD

I won't buy a FiM dvd/blu-ray until they release seasons or a boxed set. I'm not into keeping stuff in plastic so I definitely don't want a dvd that has stuff missing (such as RD's bio) or that isn't really good. Yup, I buy dvds to watch.