A possible new trend?

New Thundercats is definitely worth a look. The animation, music and the whole world building aspect is very well done. Third Earth really feels fantastic. Some of the actual episode plots, the filler ones rather than the ones that actually advance the plot, are a bit shaky, but even they have wonderfully creative ideas. The characters really do have character, and not bland cookie cutter characters. Also there is character development, though some of the earilest bits are a bit choppy. In the second episode Liono learns to not charge headlong into a fight, and in the next episode he's urged to sieze the day and do exactly that. It is a serial, and the better for it.

I'll certainly be adding it to my list when my brony-ness starts slipping... I've hardly watched anything non-pony since Sept *sheepish grin*

Though I agree, Pirates of Dark Water _deserved_ an ending. And of course I would love to see season 3 of Sonic Sat AM. Tails was finally going to get some awesome of his own. There is a fan comic trying to do it.

I remember very little of Pirates, but it seems like it was extremly popular, so I'm going to agree with you in principle.

Sonic SatAM will never recieve a reboot - Sega has decided to force everyone to follow their 'game canon' which will slowly negate any and all relevance to the old SatAM and pre-ENDGAME comics... (which is sadly one reason I wont be going back to that fandom, despite how much I loved it back in the day ---- though I'll still get any games that are worth playing)

Well it would _have_ to be to take the level of enchantment it has. I'd say it has at leat +3 to both attack and damage rolls... to my emotions and my wallet.

Oh no, you see, when you took the specialization of 'Brony' that gives all your armor and possessions a -1 against any attack roll involving ponies. However, when facing a Troll with a Pony-based weapon, anything over 15 counts as a crit!

It's a problem with kids animation at the moment that there's no money in the animation itself - the money's in merchandising, and animation is ridiculously expensive to make. This doesn't necessarily make a bad program (after all, we're in a forum dedicated to a show with a pretty healthy merchandise business behind it! ;-)) but it can have some... unpleasant side effects. Ben 10, for example, had pretty good writing at the start, but as more merchandise was being sold, more monsters need to be put into the show itself, and they need to be written in, and well, you get the idea.....

It's a shame, especially here (in the UK), because up until a while ago we were one of the biggest producers of children's animation. But the government refuses to give the industry any tax breaks (unlike France, Canada, India etc), so it's all getting sent there. If they did, it'd bring a lot more money to the UK in the long-run than they'd spend giving it to studios. But the same can be said of all the arts in the UK, and they've already cut funding to the Arts Council, and axed the film council completely :sleep: Not to mention the fact that Jamie Oliver's meddling with food adverts got rid of a lot money that usually went towards animation :wail: ...Well... /end rant. :blush: Sorry to ramble but, yes, LOTS of factors go into making animation....

Well, toys and DVDS! Look what happened to Family Guy. The ratings were usually pretty awful, but it sold a ton of DVDS. So the show was brought back...

If only they put out a MLP DVD worth buying! :wail:

hi hi

The universe is a vast and wonderful place. I'm sure someone, sometime will be able to tap into that again. But I think the real magic is something that touches a little bit closer to the heart. :)

I'd watch Thundercats redux if I could catch it on TV. There's actually a few shows now that are like that for me. Adventure Time, Amazing World of Gumball to name a few, but I'm always busy when they're on. And I'll be curious to see how Faust's new project is going to turn out.

Didn't Fox originally drop Family Guy off the network, and when it gained popularity on sister channels they brought it back?

There was a lot to that decision, and it wasn't due to lack of popularity. Family guy was already a widely popular show, it just gained more notoriety on sister channels.

Didn't Fox originally drop Family Guy off the network, and when it gained popularity on sister channels they brought it back?

Yeah, it was a hit on Adult Swim and it sold MILLIONS of DVDs.

I KEEP seeing this name pop up, I might just have to take a look at it...

You'll be glad you did. It reminds me alot about MLP. Both shows look cute and simple at first glance, but are far more than meets the eye! AT is a tad bit darker considering it takes place after the Apocalypse..Hmm. Just noticed all my favorite AT episodes were written by Rebecca Sugar. Wonder what she could do with MLP. :20:

I have to agree that Adventure Time is quite fun to watch. Definitely give it a shot!

It's recent news that Adult Swim bumped Derpy and it was pretty negative. I know that can easily be filed in "who cares?" land, which is probably where I'm going to put it.

Well, if Adult Swim put in a negative bump, even for my beloved Derpy, you kinda gotta take it with a grain of salt. This is the same late night lineup that keeps giving Seth Green work. So...y'know...that.

As for the rest of CN, I gotta say, after Dexter's Lab, Courage, and eventually Powerpuff Girls (deal with it. :P ) stopped airing, I was worried that they would surely decline in decent programming. Then I started getting a constant faceful of entertainment. Ed, Edd, and Eddy, Kids Next Door, Flapjack, Adventure Time, even freaking 6Teen, and Total Drama Island (this was a guilty pleasure of mine. Watched every season.) Somehow, CN manages to not only find ways to appeal to the younger demographic, but consistently entertain said child's parents. Usually with the same show! Oh! And for all the nay-sayers (neigh-sayers?) who might believe CN has lost its touch, feel free to go lurk on Boomerang, they want your money.

Long story short, save for Adult Swim, I would throw money at my TV if I knew it meant more shows like the ones I readily enjoy.

Meh. For every other half-er...bottomed lazy comment, "YOU NO HAVE LIFE BRONY MAN!!!!!!111" out there, there are a ton of well written articles/blogs out there done by peeps who ACTUALLY WATCHED the show and came out very surprised on how good the show is.. I'm surprised to see more than a few of them, from the usual snarky AV Club, to even a rather glowing review of the show on a site like "Movie-Censorship.com" (Which did a comparison of the Derpy censorship..).