Lets Make Customs!

Thunder Boomer

• 3 weeks later...
I have a question about customizing! I have some of the G3s here with the jewels lodged in their sides. Does anyone know the best way to remove these? :!:

They should be glued on... possibly submerging it in HOT water may soften the glue enough to prise it off?

Or it way soften the whole thing and warp the body... Not a clue. :D

If you can, you should have something to test it.

I have a question about customizing! I have some of the G3s here with the jewels lodged in their sides. Does anyone know the best way to remove these? :!:

They should be glued on... possibly submerging it in HOT water may soften the glue enough to prise it off?

Or it way soften the whole thing and warp the body... Not a clue. :D

If you can, you should have something to test it.

They are glued on. If you're totally removing the jewel and cutie mark though, Just dunk the whole thing in Acetone (remove the hair first) and you should have able to easily pry it off.

You can try boiling too, which might soften it just the tiniest bit. The glue they use these days is not really all that water soluble.

Thunder, a question...

Would you be willing to sell that 80s Cheerilee? Because it is amazing and I WANT IT. :3

I don't think I could sell her. Just because it's something I've wanted for myself for quite some time. I did end up with some extra material though, and might consider making a second one.

Thunder, a question...

Would you be willing to sell that 80s Cheerilee? Because it is amazing and I WANT IT. :3

I don't think I could sell her. Just because it's something I've wanted for myself for quite some time. I did end up with some extra material though, and might consider making a second one.

Ah, well, if you ever do make a second one, let us know. I'm sure all of us ponies would love to vie for the chance to purchase it.

Thunder, a question...

If you sold an "80's Cheerilee kit" I'd be the first in line to buy one.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Waah! I found Dewdrop Dazzle at Family Dollar today. . . and her body color is PERFECT for a fizzy custom, but her eye indents are the wrong shape to do Fizzy. What to do, what to do?

Just ignore the indents completely. Or fill them in. Or find identical color paint and find a pony with good indents

I have to ask for advice. If I happen to get a unicorn with dark brown hair and a pegasis with brown hair, I wanna have a ponified custom day with my friend. I can't reroot lol. How should I paint the custom? And the cutiemark and everything...oh is there such thing as a brown and dark brown color comb? Cuz I dont think there are any brown haired ponies, and I doubt hasbro takes requests.

Edited by redrose

Just ignore the indents completely. Or fill them in. Or find identical color paint and find a pony with good indents

I have to ask for advice. If I happen to get a unicorn with dark brown hair and a pegasis with brown hair, I wanna have a ponified custom day with my friend. I can't reroot lol. How should I paint the custom? And the cutiemark and everything...oh is there such thing as a brown and dark brown color comb? Cuz I dont think there are any brown haired ponies, and I doubt hasbro takes requests.

Posted 19 August 2011 - 07:17 PM

He hasn't been here for 3 years... :P

• 4 months later...

Oy~ starting a project of customs from the Dawn of Mana series~

Here's the pony bases/work in progress I have going so far~

Keldric has paint and hair re-rooted so far with the head in the process of glueing on (need to clean some glue off) then the one in the middle will be Ritzia, one on far right will be Anise. Then the two Ponyville ponies will be Faye and Buju~

dawn_of_mana_w_i_p__by_lightningsilver_mana-d7n47mq.jpg

Keldric, the main hero~

seiken4001.jpg

Ritzia the Tree Maiden~

Ritzia.png

and Anise~

Anise-_Dawn_of_mana.jpg