Weirdest thing you've ever eaten

SilverMint

• 2 weeks later...

One time, I blended together two McDs cheeseburgers, large fries and a large chocolate shake.

I'd be horrified if I didn't already have a friend who made a white castle slider shake after he had his jaw wired shut.

• 2 weeks later...

There's another food like akutaq called pemmican, also developed by Native North Americans. It's a mixture of fat, fruit (usually berries), and protein (meat from whatever game is available)

Oh my... Pemmican awoke deep rooted memories... I was told Eskimos made it, the fat part is true, the fruit I don't know, but protein was a bird species called "Alcidae", all of this gone inside a leather bag (not edible) and was exposed to day shadow for like 12 weeks... Liked it on sliced bread...

I really Cant Say It would Have to be Between the Deep Fried PB&J (Extremely Delicious) Or... That Hamburger with a fried Egg and Peanut Butter (Also Good)

Oh my... Pemmican awoke deep rooted memories... I was told Eskimos made it, the fat part is true, the fruit I don't know, but protein was a bird species called "Alcidae", all of this gone inside a leather bag (not edible) and was exposed to day shadow for like 12 weeks... Liked it on sliced bread...

That's very interesting! I imagine it's a recipe that takes fat and a protein, along with whatever else is available (dried fruit or nuts), so it probably varied by tribe and region quite a bit. Some might have had straight meat bound with fat, or dried fish, or just berries.

I think I might try making it sometime. Pemmican cupcakes, anypony?

Pass :P

Howzabout saucy spider cupcakes?! :mad:

Not really weird, but rather stupid. A friend of mine bet 5 dollars I couldn't eat a piece of wasabi the size of my fist. I left with 5 dollars and a stomach ache.

I like eating wasabi straight -- but only a little at a time! A fist-sized chunk is just nuts!

Um.... If by weird I could mean stupid, then a mixture of horse radish, vinager, soy sauce, and peanut butter for a dare... I didn't even get anything out of it :(

Willingly? A friend of mine gave me chili powder covered grasshoppers once, kinda crunchy. Oh and there's a burger place near me that has bison, kangaroo and alligatior. I had Bison...

• 2 weeks later...

A co-worked just came back from china, and he brought some interesting foil-sealed packages. I already tried the chicken wing. It was bland and slimy, but what little taste there was wasn't bad. Also, they must not feed their chickens very much.

I am trying to work up the courage to try the duck kidney that is sitting at my desk. But it has a best by date of 2013/1/25, so there's no rush.

• 2 weeks later...