Why did Twilight need a Cloud Walking spell?

Ashton

If i had to guess thinking with real physics, I'm guessing they just manufacture cloud based furniture differently. Balsa woods instead of hard lumber or something. Maybe like how Volt said, they have a wider surface area on the bottom so it distributes they weight more thinly across it.

If i had to guess thinking with real physics, I'm guessing they just manufacture cloud based furniture differently. Balsa woods instead of hard lumber or something. Maybe like how Volt said, they have a wider surface area on the bottom so it distributes they weight more thinly across it.

Well... y'know wood always flouts, and clouds are technically made of water...

And I'm guessing when they fly, they have some sort of shield or bubble around them that keeps them protected from the elements, and the quicker they go, the stronger that 'bubble' is, so Dash is able to smash through wood without getting sliced up.

True, but they're a gas... most solids go through gas... I dunno, Magic, there, simple as that.

I saw this wonderful T-shirt the other day that sums this up nicely:

"It's Magic [explicative], I dont have to explain a thing!"

And I'm guessing when they fly, they have some sort of shield or bubble around them that keeps them protected from the elements, and the quicker they go, the stronger that 'bubble' is, so Dash is able to smash through wood without getting sliced up.

IIRC: This actually has some basis in Science, as objects travel faster and faster a 'bubble' of air forms around them, which somehow constitutes part of the cause of a RL Sonic Boom (it's been years since I studied this so if I'm wrong somone please correct me, I remember something about this 'bubble' of air causing ice on a plane's wings, and then some stuff, and then when a plane goes fast enough it out-paces the air, leaving a vacume and the *boom* is air rushing in to fill it)