Best April Fool's Day Pranks

BaconofChaos

So, denizens of the interwebs, what wacky fun pranks have you bared witness to today? Or on previous years, whatever you like.

For me... go check out Google Maps and click on Quest.

aprilfools1.jpg

And of course, the rather awesome changes to the Giant in the Playground Games forums

aprilfools2.jpg

Though my favourite from last year was the changes to the Ts & Cs that Gamestation added:

"By placing an order via this Web site on the first day of the fourth month of the year 2010 Anno Domini, you agree to grant Us a non transferable option to claim, for now and for ever more, your immortal soul. Should We wish to exercise this option, you agree to surrender your immortal soul, and any claim you may have on it, within 5 (five) working days of receiving written notification from gamesation.co.uk or one of its duly authorised minions....we reserve the right to serve such notice in 6 (six) foot high letters of fire, however we can accept no liability for any loss or damage caused by such an act. If you a) do not believe you have an immortal soul, b) have already given it to another party, or c) do not wish to grant Us such a license, please click the link below to nullify this sub-clause and proceed with your transaction."
  • Like 1

IMPORTANT: Red Alert! Code Blue! All Clear! Ah, whatever! You know the drill. These are the New TOS. So just read them. M'kay?

Animal Crossing Community prides itself on being a family-friendly website community. As such, there are certain new rules you must agree to as a member of this community:

• DO grovel in the presence of the Site Owner.
  • DO placate the staff with cookies before daring to approach them.
  • DO NOT use the emotes. They are strictly prohibited. We just like to taunt you with placing them there.
  • DO NOT post in locked threads. This action tends to open up a wormhole to another dimension.
  • DO NOT feed the Scouts. We have a hard enough time controlling them without you giving them a sugar rush.
  • DO NOT assume that the R&Ds are doing any work.
  • DO NOT expect help from a Moderator. They only wanted a badge.
  • DO NOT bother the Admins. They aren't yet tamed.
  • DO NOT throw a ball as Belay Dog is still on the loose and tends to trip the ACC OFF cord while chasing it.
  • DO NOT let hoggle out of his cage!
  • DO NOT use the Site Suggestions board. We really don't care to read it.
  • DO NOT get comfortable because invariably, you'll be permabanned soon.

In order to ensure the smooth transition to these new rules, we've also activated the following protocols:

• All accounts have been reset and therefore you are all new members but still have your previous notifications.
  • This New Member status will last for one month. Ha!
  • New Member posting restrictions will apply.
  • Flood Control is now more severe. You may post once per hour.
  • And if the post doesn't represent our views, the system will delete it.
  • All protest threads will be exterminated without prejudice.
  • All protesters will be assimilated. Resistance is futile! So there!

You agree, through your use of Animal Crossing Community, to abide by the rules irrespective of which deviant mind they came from.

Any users found in violation of those rules will receive a warning from ....erm.... we aren't exactly sure from whom because, well.... it's difficult to get the staff these days. I mean, we scrape the bottom of all the barrels we can find but ..... well, it never seems to really work. So, what we are trying to say is that we can't guarantee the usefulness of any of the Staff.... when you can find them, that is.

And don't bother complaining. Nobody is listening.

By the way, TOS stands for Terms of Severity. What? You expected service? You wish!

So yeah, ACCEPT the new conditions, NOW!!!!!!

oh, ACC >w>

also I have notifications:

10 members to thwack

2 members to ban

was posted earlier in last post wins

ACC is the only website I've been on today that did a prank other than Canterlot.

it's funny because ACC has mods that are arguably better than the ones here :l

also dis banner:

Screenshot2012-04-01at85839AM.png?t=1333288748

• Like 1

oh animal crossing community, I love you XD

just got another announcement:

Hello ACCers!

Once again, I have returned to prove that even though the staff JUST YESTERDAY released updates to supposedly patch all of the loopholes *rolls eyes* that I have once again managed to take I've the all mighty Jader's account and post this announcement.

I can't believe you guys thought you patched all the loopholes. I saw all of the discussions. I had access to all of the PTs. I saw How you guys posted on beta to try to stop me from accessing your posts. I'll give you credit though, you fixed some loopholes. Just not all of them. Obviously.

Oh, and nice updates. But one question. Where's my Bell Shop?!?!

All your moderator kitteh are belong to me.

Yours truly.

The Script Kitteh

also the number of members to thwack and ban keeps getting bigger XD

My other fan board I frequent, has our avatars overlaid with random images and stuff visit Shining Force Central and see for yourself! They also do something like this when it's the sites birthday, all the avatars get replaced by various artwork avatars of Jogurt from Shining Force, the little hamster warrior.

My mom just called me, while I was at Best Buy with my friend and told me she was pregnant again. I was immediately confused, since I know that my step dad had gotten a vasectomy just after my little brother was born 4 years ago. Then she proceeded to tell me that she was getting a divorce, and would have to move to Virginia so I could help her stay on her feet. I immediately began freaking out, since I have a hard enough time supporting myself on my meager paycheck. Then she proceeded to start laughing. Picture related. It was pretty much my reaction.

aefc735b-b844-204c.jpg

I really like EqD's april fool post too :

http://www.equestria...-toy-lines.html

Jungle combat Fluttershy ! :D

I would so buy those toys. Especially Power Armour Twilight and King Zebra XD

I thought that whole 80s cartoon thing would get old after a while, but I still find it hilarious.

HAPPY HARRY! :D I love his stuff. You should see his Saturday Morning Watchman spoof XD

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SHARING THAT!

I am a big fan of the comic, but I seldom go to the forums.

They did so much!

All the titles are FIM themed like "Derpy in the Playground"

I myself am a Pinkie Pie in the Playground and I'm okay with that.

There was exactly one guy who ended up as Leeroy Wingkins in the Playground. He had 27,000 posts. o_o

My mom just called me, while I was at Best Buy with my friend and told me she was pregnant again. I was immediately confused, since I know that my step dad had gotten a vasectomy just after my little brother was born 4 years ago. Then she proceeded to tell me that she was getting a divorce, and would have to move to Virginia so I could help her stay on her feet. I immediately began freaking out, since I have a hard enough time supporting myself on my meager paycheck. Then she proceeded to start laughing. Picture related. It was pretty much my reaction.

aefc735b-b844-204c.jpg

I don't think I'll ever be able to stop laughing at that picture of that dog. XD

I myself am a Pinkie Pie in the Playground and I'm okay with that.

There was exactly one guy who ended up as Leeroy Wingkins in the Playground. He had 27,000 posts. o_o

Here is the post from the cartoonist explaining the change:

Re: Ponies in the Playground

In an effort to better serve the community that we've built here, we engaged in an exhaustive study of our poster's discussions and habits. After a great deal of research, we determined that a substantial percentage of the total posts made over the last year contained one or more references to a TV show called "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic"—more so, in fact, than to any one edition of that other Hasbro product that people talk about around here. As a result, my forum staff suggested (and I accepted) a plan to make a switch that would more accurately reflect the hobbies and interests of the forum community.

We hope you enjoy this new era of Giant in the Playground going forward, from this day on.

Rich Burlew

If you click on my link up there, you may notice that he has listed his location as "Fillydelphia, PA"

Here is the post from the cartoonist explaining the change:

If you click on my link up there, you may notice that he has listed his location as "Fillydelphia, PA"

Yup, I saw that. He is also a Horse in the Playground. :P

Fun Fact: Phoe from EqD is on those boards. Her title is Princess Celestia ITP. Seems fitting.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised about the large percentage of pony-related posts he mentioned. Ponies do kinda get everywhere. :P

my gourd, Animal Crossing Community just keeps getting better and better. they've been adding stuff as the day goes on XD

they marked everybody as a new member like they said the would

because ACC is very strictly G rated, you're given a set of avatars to choose from. some people's avatars have been changed to lamps XD

posts have been removed because they're a post

all the smilies have been changed to various derped faces and aliens

posts are randomly edited to show up as spam

when you decline the TOS that I posted in my first post, you get a picture of a cat

a thing on the side has been added that says "admin panel". it takes you to a list of links:

Cake and Ice-Cream:

Screenshot2012-04-01at70055PM.png?t=1333325646

Buddy List:

leads to another sub list:

• Clear All Buddy Lists Everywhere Screenshot2012-04-01at70148PM.png?t=1333325646
  • Add Yourself to All Buddy Lists Screenshot2012-04-01at70225PM.png?t=1333325646
  • View All Members Who Have Added You to Their Buddy List Screenshot2012-04-01at70304PM.png?t=1333325646

(when you click the link in the last picture)

ACC Staff

ACC Staff members generally don't have a clue about what they are doing or supposed to be doing. They just enjoy having an important looking icon by their name.

The following icons (-icons here. no room for more pictures-) lets members know who the ACC Staff are - or rather, who the people are that spend their day raiding the ice-cream and cake supplies. However, they are all off SIC today.

The staff motto is ''Don't Break ACC'' and this is because they don't actually know how to fix it even though they enjoy pretending that they do know - how to fix it that is, not break it. We already know how to break it. I mean.... c'mon, that part is easy!

Members may contact any of the staff via private thread but don't expect a reply any time soon. Staff only get time to reply to one or two PTs a day and this is usually when they are taking a break from consuming dessert based foodstuffs.

Many of the staff can be found attached to the Report A Problem button or red ! mark located in various places around the site. However, even though the staff may be the problem that you want to report, communicating via that system may result in you being thwacked by a spatula or a ban-hammer. Beware! You have been warned! Which is why it's a red exclamation mark. Duh!

Recruitment Factors

Members do not apply for most of the staff roles. Instead, potential candidates are spied upon to see if they would be able to keep secrets. After all, we can't allow the location of ice-cream and cake supplies to be known by just anybody!

Potential staff candidates are expected to be trustworthy and discreet. Therefore the decision to extend the offer of a staff role to a member is only made after a rigorous vetting procedure, partly based on the following criteria required to fulfill the role:

• Age -- Do they have one?
  • Site Activity -- Are they here?
  • Communication -- Can they type?
  • Responsibility -- Moderators have access to PTs so we look for people who can be responsibly nosy. Scouts have to welcome new members so they need to be able to say ''Hello'' in a responsible way. R&Ds need to be responsible for erm..... well, we can't actually remember at the moment but we'll get back to that... possibly... soon ... very soon .... and SOONER THAN THE LAST TIME YOU ASKED!
  • Trustworthiness -- Would they steal the ice-cream and cake?
  • Helpfulness -- Do they frequently offer dessert based treats to others?
  • Teamwork -- Can they manage to keep up with the synchronised dessert consumption events that we regularly participate in?
  • Creativity -- Why bother? Only the members have the ideas and we can steal those instead.
  • Knowledge -- Do they know how to bake? This is seriously important as sometimes we prefer Cookies. Edible ones.
  • Maturity -- Like cheese and equally smelly.
  • Work Ethic -- Or lack of. Any member of staff who did any type of work would seriously shatter the beliefs held by many in the community.
  • A Life -- It's incredibly important that all potential candidates don't have one. This is due to the excessive amount of hours members wish us to be online whilst doing nothing much.

Responsibilities

Once recruited into the team, staff are expected to fulfil the following duties:

• User Tickets -- Some of the staff deal with them. Can't remember which ones or why but it's something they do.... when they get to it..... when they are online.... sometimes.
  • Coding -- We're not sure what type of coding they do. It could be the error code they work with, or the code of conduct, or code blue.... anyway, it's one type of code. Let's try and describe it. Oh yeah! It's the code that everyone else thinks they can do if they were doing it.
  • Adoptions -- Yeah, sad story that! We all adopt a particular stance and stick with it until it aches.
  • Support Email -- Yes, we definitely support the fact that we have an email.
  • Participate in Discussion -- Yeah, we talk. We ask each other how we are and what sort of day we've had. Why? Are we meant to be doing a job?
  • Monitor Boards -- This is like one of those baby monitors. We just eavesdrop and spy on everyone, then pounce with a spatula or ban-hammer. We never use dessert in any of our fights. That's just a vicious rumour designed to encourage us to diet.
  • Review Existing Content -- Doing this effectively hides the fact that we can't come up with our own unique ideas.
  • Technical and Graphical Skills -- Technically, we prefer not to be graphic about our skills because.... erm.... we don't have any.

Privileges

For being part of Staff, we have the following privileges:

• A cool icon next to our names.
  • Access to cake.
  • Access to ice-cream.
  • Sometimes, access to cookies. That refers to the ones you eat and not the ones you delete - we'll leave those for hoggle.
  • A cot from which to throw our toys out of.
  • A private place to gather so we can pretend we are working.

List of Staff

Site Owner

Absent

Site Graphics Artist

Where?

Admins

cmh

Jedi723

queenzentar

Moderators

BeesKnees

Belay Dog

Highguy7612

loosefaith

Mamanator

partyp00per

TheThunderBolt

yab

Researchers

BargainBob

Jammyz

Raffprta

sugarbob46

Vib

Developers

Dries

Hungry_Myst

Johntown327

justinguy

Nigel91

Poncho95

QueenSiD

SolidStar

Scouts

GameCubeGuy

jjavicho28

Kelly2010

masterd

NintendoFreak

Rick's Rage 2003

runninfreakgirl

ZergonaLeash

Off SIC Today

aldericon

Banana Mod

BowserBasher

Churrox3

cooljdude

Dalek

DataWizard

DoeEyes

Dusty12

Essie

iolite

jader201

Juni01

karrott

kopichan

LadyKathryn

Massen107

mdh246

Muffktj

nebula101

Nin10dude

Nintendude64

pedro_collins

prshack

Rodents210

Satin23

SDOG1234

SeaLion

Simfan147

StewieTunny

swimnhamstr999

Titandwedebil

VenusKamal

Yoda

May the 4th be with you! Oh!.... Wrong date! *Facepalm*

Sticky Threads:

Screenshot2012-04-01at70732PM.png?t=1333325646

Edit Rules:

• Edit Rules: g3GAj.jpg
  • Change Rules: same picture as above
  • Delete Rules: Screenshot2012-04-01at70836PM.png?t=1333325646

Ban Members:

leads you to a list of links: "Use Spatula", "Use Other Utensils", "Use Ban Hammer". none of them lead anywhere.

Admin Guidelines:

Staff Guidelines

General Advice

• Always be aware of Newton's three laws of motion and the Pauli Exclusion Principle. You don't have to know what they mean - just be aware of them. In fact, if you knew what they meant, well, then you'd me a Member and not part of the Staff, wouldn't you?

• Don't expect help from your colleagues, they will never be around when you need them. Actually, how often are you around?

• If you don't know what to do, just do anything.

• If you don't know what to say, just say anything.

• Whatever you do, don't ever listen to the Members otherwise you'll unleash an avalanche! If the cake and ice-cream get buried due to your actions, you will forever be made to cut the toenails of the other Staff.

• When in doubt, always pick your nose!

Using a Spatula

• Always ensure that you have at least two spatulas: one for flicking cake into open mouths of Staff across the room and another for thwacking Members.

• It is vital that you choose a spatula that is not particularly bendy. After all, you never want to be on the receiving end of a rebound thwack!

• Any Member may be thwacked for any reason and multiple times. You don't need a reason and you certainly don't have to justify your actions.

Using other Utensils

• Using other utensils means that you are getting serious. It's a good idea to go this route when the Members are laughing at you.

• It's not really a good idea to choose another utensil while you are being laughed at as this often leads to even more poor decisions than you usually make. And let's face it - that's a pretty hard thing to do.

• Since there is only a single set of other utensils available, it's vital that you don't misplace any. After all, can you imagine the toe nail biting the Staff would have to do if you lost the clippers? Not all of us are that supple! And what about the shovel? Without a shovel, how could any of us consume large quantities of cake and ice-cream? *Shudders at the thought*

• Oh and never throw the ball around. Remember that Belay Dog is still on the loose.

Using a Ban Hammer

• This is your utensil of last resort. As in, you can't find any other resorts to go to and this is the one offering the best holiday experience.

• Ensure that your own ban-hammer represents your personality. If you have one. Personality that is; not ban-hammer because you definitely have a ban-hammer.

• The ban-hammer should also be effective. A good example of an effective ban-hammer is the one used by !Mega!Lady!. Her hammer has a stable wormhole at the business end and this conveniently transports Members to another site. With no DHD at the other end, these people don't return. An example of an ineffective ban-hammer is of that used by !Mega!Mess! which is .... well a mess! An American Football? What's that about? Members simply bounce sideways off it and right back here!

• Finally, once you've used your ban-hammer, don't justify your actions and don't negotiate with the banned Member. After all, you aren't that clever so opening your mouth at this point will just show you up.

Shut Down ACC:

Screenshot2012-04-01at65528PM.png?t=1333325646