Unintentional References?

Well there are a lot of parallels between G1 and little things from Friendship is Magic that I can't tell if they're meant to be intentional or not (I.E. Slugger says "Eeyup", Angel Bunny and Moochick's Rabbit, Ember the original Cutie Mark Crusader, Fluttershy Channeling Posey, Swarm of the Century's similarities to Fugitive Flowers, Heart-throb "Vants to be alone"....)

But one I've noticed is that it sounds a bit like the title of Mmmystery on the Friendship Express was also making a nod to "Mmmuffin"

And I know the Find A Pet Song is a nod to another song, but I can't figure out which one (I know somepony said that it sounds a bit like "A Little Priest" from Sweeney Todd, but no. Maybe something from Carmen or a relatively old, classic musical)

here's something that I highly doubt was intentional in any way, shape or form but still made me make the connection XD

this

is very similar to this

I've seen many fortune teller scenes, but I've never seen any other than these two were something falls on your head after. now I'm kinda worried that this IS a common thing in fortune teller scenes and I just made myself look dumb <_<"

• Like 1

here's something that I highly doubt was intentional in any way, shape or form but still made me make the connection XD

this

is very similar to this

I've seen many fortune teller scenes, but I've never seen any other than these two were something falls on your head after. now I'm kinda worried that this IS a common thing in fortune teller scenes and I just made myself look dumb <_<"

Nonsense, I totally agree with you! It might be a bit of a trope, but that doesn't make you look dumb at all. It's clever to spot something like this!

Well there are a lot of parallels between G1 and little things from Friendship is Magic that I can't tell if they're meant to be intentional or not (I.E. Slugger says "Eeyup", Angel Bunny and Moochick's Rabbit, Ember the original Cutie Mark Crusader, Fluttershy Channeling Posey, Swarm of the Century's similarities to Fugitive Flowers, Heart-throb "Vants to be alone"....)

Huh, those are interesting. But, what I wanted to point out was that Fluttershy was originally supposed to be Posey, but Hasbro lost the rights to the character. So it makes sense that Fluttershy acts a lot like her.

Huh, those are interesting. But, what I wanted to point out was that Fluttershy was originally supposed to be Posey, but Hasbro lost the rights to the character. So it makes sense that Fluttershy acts a lot like her.

I was going to say, alot of the similarities might be because originally characters were going to be based off of G1 characters

• Like 1

I know that but sometimes even their voices sound similar, especially their singing voices:

There are a few points in this and "So Many Wonders" where they sound surprisingly similar

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Being the classic rock fellow I am, I just made this big connection regarding a song by Paul McCartney and Wings to the Flim Flam Brother song, believe it or not.

You see, both the Flim Flam Brothers song and the popular Wings song "Silly Love Songs" begin with a very mechanical & gear churning-like sound. "Silly Love Songs", however, is a lot more rhythm-like and goes along with the music, while the Flim Flam Brothers is the actual music via the Super Cider Squeezy 6000.

Just take the two songs and compare them below. It's scary how alike they are in how they begin.

Show how much culture the guys behind the music are too....as if we didn't know that, though. ;-)

Being the classic rock fellow I am, I just made this big connection regarding a song by Paul McCartney and Wings to the Flim Flam Brother song, believe it or not.

You see, both the Flim Flam Brothers song and the popular Wings song "Silly Love Songs" begin with a very mechanical & gear churning-like sound. "Silly Love Songs", however, is a lot more rhythm-like and goes along with the music, while the Flim Flam Brothers is the actual music via the Super Cider Squeezy 6000.

Just take the two songs and compare them below. It's scary how alike they are in how they begin.

Show how much culture the guys behind the music are too....as if we didn't know that, though. ;-)

I'm pretty sure the song is based on Ya Got Trouble from The Music Man :/ :

I also don't think using objects to blend with music is a new thing.

Here's an excellent example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eD5ZLE4iVw#t=0m50s

I'm pretty sure the song is based on Ya Got Trouble from The Music Man :/ :

I also don't think using objects to blend with music is a new thing.

Here's an excellent example: http://www.youtube.c...ZLE4iVw#t=0m50s

Actually, I was aware of it being a Music Man reference. However, I find the similar beginnings too uncanny to be coincidental.

So...two references in one? Both aren't that obscure... ;-)

Actually, I was aware of it being a Music Man reference. However, I find the similar beginnings too uncanny to be coincidental.

So...two references in one? Both aren't that obscure... ;-)

I can see where you're coming from... but as I said, using engine noises to the beat of music is nothing new. I've listened to it a few times, and it just doesn't sound that close to me.

I can see where you're coming from... but as I said, using engine noises to the beat of music is nothing new. I've listened to it a few times, and it just doesn't sound that close to me.

Hmm...guess I just found the similarity more noticeable. I've observed weirder stuff before, I suppose. :P