Bookworm [FINAL]

Scebulus

Roleplay Type: World Of Equestria

Name: Bookworm

Sex: Male

Species: Pegasus

Eye Color: Emerald Green

Coat Color: Indigo

Mane/Tail/Markings Color & Style: Bookworm's mane is short, neat, curly and black. His tail is of a decent size, pointed, and like the mane it is the color black. There is one dark blue stripe on each of his ankles.

Physique: Bookworm is slender but strong, with a smooth muzzle and pointed ears. His thighs are rounded and each hoof is in the shape of a flattened triangle. Bookworm always wears a kind expression on his face.

Cutie Mark: An open green book. Bookworm has the ability to memorize whole paragraphs of writing considerably faster than the average pony. He also has a better understanding of books than most ponies.

Origin/Residence: Bookworm was born in Solstice Heights and lived there for most of his life. Just recently he decided to move to Cloudsdale in order to open his own book store. but before this he wants to see what it's like to work at one.

Occupation: Bookworm works at a book store called the Billion Book Bookstore (BBB).

Motivation: Bookworm aims to collect all the Fantasy books in the world. His personal goal is to make other ponies feel good with any big or small acts of kindness. When Bookworm is depressed, he either reads a good book or goes for a walk around the city and looks around at the buildings and ponies. It makes him remember that though he may be sad, the world is still full of life and happiness. He remembers that his job is to keep the happiness alive. This allows Bookworm to get through the day.

Likes: Autumn, because of the changing colors of the leaves and the gentle wind that blows during the season. Bookworm is also fond of fruit, so he goes to the market regularly to buy some. Bookworm is obsessed with books; he loves to read, especially books of the Fantasy genre.

Dislikes: Bookworm greatly dislikes wasps. Their aggressiveness and their sharp stingers frighten him and he will turn the other way if one is nearby. He also hates ponies that are pointlessly mean to others.

Character Summary: Bookworm was born to a loving mother and father in Solstice Heights. He is kind-hearted, reliable, calm, observant and can give good advice to anyone who needs it. Bookworm has the tendency to lose focus easily, especially during conversations with other ponies.

Talents that were related to books ran in Bookworm's family, though it skips a generation. It just so happened that Bookworm was the generation of the book-related cutie mark. At a young age he loved to read. Every night Bookworms' parents would find him still awake, under his covers with a flashlight and reading. Everypony knew he was destined to get a book talent; it was just a matter of time.

One day at school, Bookworm was told that he had to do an assignment explaining what his favorite thing to do is. Though the answer was obviously reading, Bookworm never exactly knew why. He pondered over this for days; no matter what, he just couldn't explain his love for books. The final day to work on the assignment came and still there was only a blank paper on Bookworm's desk. He knew that he would't be able to complete the work, so he pulled out a book and began to read. As he was reading he began noticing how the book was set up; there was a lot of different aspects that popped out, like the overusage of similes and the constant flashbacks, as well as the foreshadowing the author purposely used at the end of every chapter so the reader would want to know what happens to the main character. Suddenly, Bookworm knew what he liked about books! He began to write...

At school the next day, the teacher called Bookworm up to the front of the class. He was confident as he spoke, for he now knew the answer to the difficult question: why did he like to read? As Bookworm continued, he used quotes from the book that he had somehow memorized. It was thrilling; he was finally able to explain his passion to the class. When Bookworm was done, school ended. He raced back home and decided to rest, concluding that he did an amazing job with the assignment. While he slept, Bookworm gained his book cutie mark.

Bookworm stayed with his parents until he was old enough to move out of the house. He decided that Cloudsdale would be the perfect place to get a job. He knew that he would only want to get work that involved book, so he applied for a job at a book store. He is content so far, but he's still curious as to what else there is to do in life.

EY!

This application is looking pretty good, just a few problems that need to be fixed.

1) Muzzlopolis is not a canon location. Although, you can propose it in the lore proposal section.

2) The conjuring magic this is a no-no. First off, Indigo is a pegasus. And even if they were a unicorn, I haven't seen any unicorns conjure flames in the show.

This would be a good character to put in the crossovers, but if it's going to fit in the mane it needs to fix those. ^

I changed the name (now Bookworm), cutie mark + talent (green book + ability to read in any language), Origin (now originally from Solstice Heights), Occupation (now works at book store) and character summary. I guess I'll find something else to do with the name "Indigo Burst". I still like the fire conjuring talent, so I might put it in the crossovers.

2) The conjuring magic this is a no-no. First off, Indigo is a pegasus. And even if they were a unicorn, I haven't seen any unicorns conjure flames in the show.

I don't see why a Unicorn couldn't conjure up fire. Twilight Sparkle created a door and a mustache(s). How is fire much different?

I don't see why a Unicorn couldn't conjure up fire. Twilight Sparkle created a door and a mustache(s). How is fire much different?

I never said they couldn't I just said I've never seen it.

Yeah. I'm pretty sure I have two approved ponies who use some variety of flame as their main magic, so I'll assume that's allowed. :blush:

They are both unicorns though, not pegasi. :P

Forgive me, but may another person please judge Bookworm's application. I'd like to know if there's anything else I should change or if it's fine the way it is.

Let the judging... begin!

Your character has a really cool and interesting concept, but there's a couple things that could use some touching up.

Cutie Mark: A green book. Bookworm has the ability to read in any language, even if it is a dead language.

There are a couple things about this talent I'd like to bring up, the first being that it's nature seems more like it would be a spell than something a pegasus could do. A way I could see this working without using magic is if Bookworm instead had a special gift with memorization and language, so he would be much faster than the average pony at translating, but not be able to do so instantly.

Dislikes: Dig greatly dislikes wasps.
One day, Bookworm's class went on a trip to another country, where the peope spoke and wrote in a different language.

I think the first of these is just a leftover from an older version of your app that never got changed.

On the second, since people is generally used to refer to humans, and there are no humans in the RP world, this should be worded a little more like "where the ponies spoke" or even just "where the inhabitants spoke".

Woops! Didn't see the "Dig". Well, that's now been changed to the correct name, Bookworm. As for "Peope", wrong word + misspelled = (smacks forehead).

I see your point about the translation power being more like a spell. Hmm... maybe what you suggested about memorization would work. Bookworm could be able to memorize huge paragraphs (not entire books, but a chunk here and there). Perhaps he has a better understanding of books, like their themes or the writing style? Are ponies good at that or can it be considered a talent?

Oh, and there is one more thing I'm unsure about: is it okay that the book store Bookworm works at has a name or do I have to propose it in the lore proposal section first like when naming a new town?

I see your point about the translation power being more like a spell. Hmm... maybe what you suggested about memorization would work. Bookworm could be able to memorize huge paragraphs (not entire books, but a chunk here and there). Perhaps he has a better understanding of books, like their themes or the writing style? Are ponies good at that or can it be considered a talent?

I don't see why this couldn't be a talent. My own OC, Quillsilver, has a special talent for complex grammar and vocabulary.

Oh, and there is one more thing I'm unsure about: is it okay that the book store Bookworm works at has a name or do I have to propose it in the lore proposal section first like when naming a new town?

I see no problem with it; the main concern in this area is saying things like "the only book store" or "the largest book store". As long as it's just "A book store in Cloudsdale", it shouldn't matter if you choose to name it or not.

I don't see why this couldn't be a talent. My own OC, Quillsilver, has a special talent for complex grammar and vocabulary.

In that case, Bookworm's new talent is... the ability to memorize whole paragraphs of writing considerably faster than the average pony. He also has a better understanding of books than most ponies.

Will this suffice?

I see no problem with it; the main concern in this area is saying things like "the only book store" or "the largest book store". As long as it's just "A book store in Cloudsdale", it shouldn't matter if you choose to name it or not.

That's great! The Billion Book Bookstore it is. :)

Your application has been accepted but you will not be able to RP in the mane RP section until a moderator moves you to the Roleplayers group. It shouldn't take long!

AppApproved.png