Planned Inactivity or Leaving?

Manestream

Another Winter Storm Watch for my area has been declared.

Rain, sleet and ice could bring down power lines and if that happens, I could be off the net several days, starting tomorrow.

So if I 'vanish' from this website and Skype, you'll know why...

UPDATE! Watch has been upgraded to a Warning. Means the bad weather IS coming!

I am planning to drive to my mom's place in the morning and probably stay with her at least till Monday. She has no net, so I'll be out of contact with Canterlot till I return home (hopefully with the power back on).

So, I will be off the net for the next few days.

NEW UPDATE (12-9-13): At mom's now, have limited net access (not a reliable connection and not strong). Can't Skype or chat, but I have been able to post on the website. Hope to be returning home this afternoon.

• 2 weeks later...

Due to the busyness of my job and the upcoming holiday events planned, my time here between now and the next year will be limited. I will still post when I can, but please be patient with me.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

May as well post this now:

I will be very busy with family business and travel from Thursday (1-2-14) through Monday (1-6-14). During this time, my participation on Canterlot.con will be very limited.

Can't be helped, RL is getting in the way of fun, again. Hope everyone here understands my situation.

UPDATE: (1-2-14) At my mom's house now. Limited internet. Can't Skype, but I can make posts (if I have the time and net to do it with). Stupid Winter Storm Hercules is wrecking my plans! I hope to be back home tomorrow night (1-3-14) but there's no guarantees. Those I'm in RPs with, please be patient, ok?

:D:D:D

Edited by Mojo

Ok, back from my first journey. But I will be 'away' from Canterlot this coming Sunday (1-5-14) and Monday (1-6-14).

Be back Tuesday (hopefully)

I sincerely apologize for my absence... I drifted off into my own world and lost touch with this board. I was under some intense pressures at home that left me bereft of the will to check in on here. I'm sorry River, Steel, Lux, and many others...

Please forgive me...

Ok, back from my first journey. But I will be 'away' from Canterlot this coming Sunday (1-5-14) and Monday (1-6-14).

Be back Tuesday (hopefully)

Scratch that! I'm now 'stranded' at my mom's house thanks to Winter Storm Ion.

VERY limited (and unreliable) internet so no Skype chats, but I can access Canterlot.com (as long as the neighbor's slow Wi-Fi connection works)

May not be back to 'full' internet status till Wednesday....

:scream: :scream: :scream:

Not much time to explain this:

Due to a family emergency, I have to leave home very soon today (1-10-14). May not be back online till sometime tomorrow (1-11-14), I hope.

UPDATE:

FAMILY CRISIS ADVERTED! HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO TRAVEL FOR ME!!!

I WILL BE HERE TONIGHT!!!!

(does the happy Pinkie Pie dance in celebration)

• 2 weeks later...

Well, to quote the late American President Ronald Reagen, "there we go again!"

Winter Storm Janus is going to be dropping a bunch of snow in my area tomorrow (1-21-14).

I hope I don't lose my electricity, but if I do, I'll be gone from Canterlot (and the net) perhaps for many days.

So if I vanish, it's the storm.

You all have been warned!

UPDATE: Looks like Winter Storm Janus didn't dump as much snow in my area as expected, so I'm still here! YAY!!!

Still have electricity and internet! HOORAY!!!

• 2 weeks later...

My internet is either really really slow or dead. Waiting for new equipment to be dropped off an installed. This will lead to a better, faster Tacobob. But for now.....It's SlowCity USA for me. Bleh. Or NoCity. Will try to reply to my posts when my connection is up. Please don't throw sticks at me.

• Like 1

Sorry for being completely MIA with no warning this past week. I became ill with some kind of flu-bronchitus-sinus-infection...thingy on Monday night, and I've been bedridden almost the entire week. It's only late Friday that I really felt well enough to move around, and today is the first time in five days I've felt like going out to my usual internet cafe. If I keep improving, this impromptu break should be over with.

Well, it's that time again.

Big winter storm coming tonight in my area (2-2-14). I hope I don't lose power, but if I vanish from the net for a while, you'll know why.

Another big snowstorm supposed to arrive this coming weekend too....

I am SO hating winter! Can't wait for spring to come!

UPDATE:

Looks like we missed the worst of the snowstorm! Just a few inches on the ground and that's all starting to melt!

YAY!! I'm SO glad the National Weather Service got it WRONG this time!

I think I'll celebrate!

Edited by Mojo

Eep, sorry for my silence these last couple of weeks. I'm still wading through physical therapy and health insurance information after accidentally hurting my knee at work, on top of having been laid off last week and trying to figure out how to file for unemployment until I find a new job. It's all even more frustrating an time consuming than I thought! X_X Gonna try and get back to regular posting in the next few days.

Well, I know this could sound like a broken record, but truth is truth.

My area is likely to get a lot of snow from the Winter Storm Pax (I hope they're wrong about this). So, this could mean my house could lose power as early as Wednesday Night (1-12-04) or the next day. If that happens, obviously, I'll be off the internet for a while, possibly days.

So if I vanish from Skype and the net, you'll know why.

I truly hope the storm misses us. My area's been very fortunate so far this winter, but you never know.

UPDATE

Looks like I'm going to drive to my mom's house this afternoon (1-12-14) to ride out the snowstorm since it looks like they'll have power there. I might stay there for a few days. May not have internet at all or very limited net. No Skyping or chatrooms, but I might be able to access Canterlot.com and e-mail.

That's the update

Edited by Mojo

Hi all! I did make it to my mom's place. As you have noticed, I do have some net access, but it is on a unreliable carrier (neighbor's Wi-Fi) and I am unable to do Skype or Chatrooms. If anyone has any messages for me, PM me through Canterlot.com. I should be able to read and reply to it.

Don't know how long I'll be stuck here, I'm anticipating that I'll be here until Saturday afternoon, if the power hasn't been knocked out back home. Situation is very fluid now, I'll try to keep y'all posted.

• Like 1

Hello all. Well my computer is being serviced so I'm on limited time with the current one I'm typing from now. This means that I am very limited with my time here. For this reason I may be just lurking until my computer returns. Apologies to all who are RPing with me especially cast characters. I will try to be active once again shortly.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Good news and bad news weatherwise here.

Good news? Looks like another big snowstorm is heading north of us, we may get very little snow from it.

Bad news? WIND! Winds are gusting here and could lead to power outages. My lights have already flickered a few times tonight so I could lose electric before the Wind advisory ends tomorrow at 11am.

My net is also acting more derpy than usual now, probably because of the windstorm.

So if I vanish from the net for a few days, you'll know why.

• 2 weeks later...

I am sorry about being so inactive. Work has had me in a knot lately. I'll try to get something posted here later in the week. My priority will be the Camp thread and the Class is in Session threads with Timid Star.

• 4 weeks later...

Over the next week I'll be exceedingly busy so my time on Canterlot will be severely limited. (Also holiday on Sunday and Auto Show the Sunday after) So the days I'd normally post on will be unavailable. If all goes well I'll hopefully not drop off the face of the site but don't expect much.

-StarSwirl