Yep, because we definitely saw from Lesson Zero that Twilight has an excellent grasp on the moral code and logic.

What we saw from Lesson Zero is that she goes insane over school work and let that get the best of her. But what we saw from the very first episode is that she can look at a situation and come to a fairly accurate conclusion with little to no evidence. But again, if she is Celestia's most trusted pupil, Celestia should have given her the benefit of the doubt and entertained the notion. However she didn't, and even looked like she was considering dropping her from tutelage. Twilight has shown more promise than lack of composure in the past. Twice she has been shown to fail completely or give into worry, Lesson Zero and Its About Time. Times where she showed promise against Nightmare Moon, Luna's predicament, Discord, Dragonshy... I think there were others but I can't recall them at this point. Really as her most trusted pupil, Celestia should not have reacted like that, at least I don't think so.

Did the Changling army remind anyone of the Swarm from My Life as a Teenage Robot?
That rings a loud bell. But I can't exactly remember the episode.

It may be Escape from Cluster Prime. Also, I said the Swarm. Been awhile, I did mean the Cluster.

Also, while Googling, SEEMS I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE:

170329%20-%20badass%20Cadence%20changeling%20changeling_queen%20Chrysalis%20comparison%20Does_Anyone_Else_See_It%20My_Life_as_a_Teenage_Robot%20princess_cadence%20princess_mi_amore_cadenza%20same_character%20spoilers%20Vexus.png

hi hi

You know, if there are responsible changelings out there that don't try to take more than they need and help support their food source so that it doesn't wear out (The difference between flim flam artists and honest apple farmers) for all we know, there could be changeling ponies in Equestria already and we'd never know it. If they're not causing problems, who could tell the difference?

Allowing Changelings also allows for SO MUCH ABUSE from people who want to Mary Sue their character. They are SHAPESHIFTERS. They can be tables, Alicorns, other ponies, humans, dragons, fairies... well, you get it. :/

Okay, I for one thought the changelings were pretty darn adorable. Maybe I'm just weird, but seriously. Rather cute. Also, it was nice to see all the various cameos from everypony (I have yet to see derpy). I do wonder where Canterlot got all of those royal guards. There wasn't a single one to be found for most of the other crises around Equestria.

Does the whole changeling species being alicorns(ish) mean that there are more than 3, and that they're not all powerful?

Alicorn ≠ Changeling.

Alicorns are a mix of all three types of ponies: Earth, Pegasi, and Unicorn.

Changelings are shapeshifters. If I recall, they didn't actually use their horns for magic. Unless that's what they use to shapeshift, in which case, they all do the same thing anyway.

I do wonder where Canterlot got all of those royal guards. There wasn't a single one to be found for most of the other crises around Equestria.

They probably try to be invisible for the most part. No sense in having warriors hanging around all the time. Also, they were not going to be helpful against the powerful villains we have seen.

I can't help but replay the last parts of the episode when Twilight started singing. I want a full version of that song! I'm glad to be a part of this fandom. And I can't believe how fast a remix has appeared.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5E8q0h2ooWY

They probably try to be invisible for the most part. No sense in having warriors hanging around all the time. Also, they were not going to be helpful against the powerful villains we have seen.

Fair enough, but still. It would have been interesting to see some guards flop up against discord or some such threat, just so they could at least have something similar to a presence

:sleep: I see what you're saying (even if I'm not sure it's clear exactly where they were all blown to)... And I did just check the transcripts and Crysalis does indeed speak as if she comes from somewhere outside Equestria, which supports this. Still, avoiding them entirely in the RP seems like a disappointing solution, even if I guess I do see how it could be supported. :/

I could see them as NPC villains for an RP or a special event. Will have to definitely ask Mane about what she thinks their role, if any, can be.

• Like 2

Fair enough, but still. It would have been interesting to see some guards flop up against discord or some such threat, just so they could at least have something similar to a presence

I would have liked to see them effective against the minor changelings, at least one on one, and possible only loosing due to inferior numbers. That would have been enough for me.

I like the episode, but how much cooler would it been if there was some actual battle between Luna and Chrysalis, Luna being able to fight her better because of her own "dark nature".

I wish there had been more Luna. Especially Luna battling and being badflank.

In what way is Cadance related to the Celestia and Luna? She is much too young to be Luna's daughter (unless her childhood is extremely long). I suppose there could be other alicorns at one point, each representing a fundamental aspect of nature or life, as Cadance obviously embodies love.

Well, she's Celestia niece.

But she can't be Luna's daughter,

I just watched it and it had me riveted, my heart pounding in the second half and many manly tears were shed throughout and did anyone notice that during the Rainboom sequence the practically transparent parody of the sparkling line going over the castle sequences used for the Disney Studios logo?

Hmmm... someone want to make a comparison video?

What we saw from Lesson Zero is that she goes insane over school work and let that get the best of her. But what we saw from the very first episode is that she can look at a situation and come to a fairly accurate conclusion with little to no evidence. But again, if she is Celestia's most trusted pupil, Celestia should have given her the benefit of the doubt and entertained the notion. However she didn't, and even looked like she was considering dropping her from tutelage. Twilight has shown more promise than lack of composure in the past. Twice she has been shown to fail completely or give into worry, Lesson Zero and Its About Time. Times where she showed promise against Nightmare Moon, Luna's predicament, Discord, Dragonshy... I think there were others but I can't recall them at this point. Really as her most trusted pupil, Celestia should not have reacted like that, at least I don't think so.

Eh, in any case:

Plus, Celestia accepted the fake Cadence, which means she'd been worked on, just like the others, and probably for some time. Therefore she probably wasn't at full power.

And possibly a bit corrupted like Shining Armor.

:sleep: I see what you're saying (even if I'm not sure it's clear exactly where they were all blown to)... And I did just check the transcripts and Crysalis does indeed speak as if she comes from somewhere outside Equestria, which supports this.

Still, avoiding them entirely in the RP seems like a disappointing solution, even if I guess I do see how it could be supported. :/

Okay, chatted with Mane and this is the answer for now:

Its something we'll be looking into, but it just came out. We'll put out an announcement when they are playable, you guys will know about it

Hope that helps.

• Like 1

Okay, chatted with Mane and this is the answer for now:

Hope that helps.

Cool. I'm not too surprised an immediate answer can't be given, but it's great to know that it's at least being considered. :smirk:

Really? Cool. I missed that. Where was that?

I missed it in the actual episode too, and had to ask someone if it was said.

However, it was revealed in a spoiler synopsis on March 24, and again on March 26.

EDIT: Oh, I remember! Apparently it's in the letter to Twilight Sparkle at the beginning.

EDIT: Oh, I remember! Apparently it's in the letter to Twilight Sparkle at the beginning.

That is where I guessed it would be, but I listened to the letters again and didn't hear it.

Also, I've been listening to the BBBFF song over and over, crying and wishing my little sister was closer than 800 miles away.

That is where I guessed it would be, but I listened to the letters again and didn't hear it.

Also, I've been listening to the BBBFF song over and over, crying and wishing my little sister was closer than 800 miles away.

Like I said, I was going word of mouth. In show would make it canon, in synopsis... would technically make it canon, but y'know, how accurate are they?

Does every unicorn's magic match their fur color? Could Twilight have known form the green magic that something is wrong? Nevermind that Twilight knew her well enough to know what color her magic was.

I noticed that too, I thought her green colored magic didn't fit her color scheme and her magic in the flashback with Sibsy/Wildfire was a different color. Also the only other unicorns to ever have a green magic aura were the Flim Flam Bros. so I immediately suspected her.