Villain songs are so awesome.

Starfox64x

So it's been about 9 hours since the season finale aired... Sooo i imagine that every brony has already seen it... and i won't waste time explaining how awesome it was...

I have to say, i watched Evil Cadence's song (This day aria) a Couple of time now, and it just gives me shivers every time i do... i love the emotion she shows and just how evil she truly is. It's also easy to see the contrast between the two cadences. I just loooove villain songs!

Forget hakkunah mattata, Give me Be Prepared!

I dont want a song about Notre Dame, i want Hellfire!

I don't care for Ariel's song, i want Poor Unfortunate Soul!

Bring it on Bronies! Give me a song! I'll tell you that the villain song form the same movie is twenty times better!

• Like 1

Mother knows best is a great one too

That one's not bad, definitely a different sort of villain song... but i like ones that show the POWER and EVIL of the villain... this ones a bit more subtle with it... Still good though!

Why stop at Disney?

Why indeed? More! I demand more villainy! I need to practice my evil singing...

"My Lullaby" is an excellent villain song from the second Lion King. So is "In the Dark of the Night" from Anastasia.

Villain songs are great because they allow characterization and patterns to develop that you can't get any other way. You can spend one good villain song that does the development of 30 minutes of dialogue.

How about "Master of the House" from Les Miserables? Has the added bonus of being hilarious, while showcasing the Thenardiers' utter contempt for anyone but themselves. Followed by "Dog Eats Dog", which neglects the hilarity and is just evil.

Also anything the Phantom of the Opera sings.

Best Disney Villain Song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyS3weMlxLA

Best Non-Disney Villain Song (Well, ostensibly. Elphaba is more of an anti-hero/Woobie than a villain.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4I8pneJkxBY

And speaking of "No Good Deed", every time I try to hum or sing "This Day" from the finale I always think of it. Am I the only one that hears a faint connection in the songs?

• Like 1

And speaking of "No Good Deed", every time I try to hum or sing "This Day" from the finale I always think of it. Am I the only one that hears a faint connection in the songs?

I was going to say "Defying Gravity" from Wicked would be pretty good, too!

My personal picks:

Non-Disney:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PLQ1XfaTuU

Disney:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fD5DJX2QsXI

• Like 1

Bring it on Bronies! Give me a song! I'll tell you that the villain song form the same movie is twenty times better!

My first thought was "

" from "The Prince of Egypt", but the Moses/Ramses song in that one is absolutely a contender for best song in the movie.

Then I thought of Hercules, and the song "

". Is there a villain song in that movie better than that song?
  • Like 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYSbxRiUgOo

This is basically Satan's song... and it is pure epicness. (OK so I'm totally cheating with this one, but Fantasia is and always will be my favorite Disney movie)

Beauty and the Beast has some absolutely stunning songs. The theme is just wonderful. However, Gaston's song, while a completely different style, is hard to top. "No...one...plots like gaston, takes cheap shots like gaston, no one persecutes harmless crackpots like gaston..." (probably not verbatim, I got that from memory)

I would argue that saying it is an order of magnitude better than "be our guest" or the theme is silly though.

So it's been about 9 hours since the season finale aired... Sooo i imagine that every brony has already seen it... and i won't waste time explaining how awesome it was...

I have to say, i watched Evil Cadence's song (This day aria) a Couple of time now, and it just gives me shivers every time i do... i love the emotion she shows and just how evil she truly is. It's also easy to see the contrast between the two cadences. I just loooove villain songs!

Forget hakkunah mattata, Give me Be Prepared!

I dont want a song about Notre Dame, i want Hellfire!

I don't care for Ariel's song, i want Poor Unfortunate Soul!

Nice NC reference :P

AS far as i'm concerned, I've been listening to many different bad guys songs in many languages. It really depends on the song, but i must say the english version of Hellfire is great. Be prepared is awsome is german, or in French.

There are so many good ones, it's hard to choose.