Greetings and Salutations

Kendrick

About Myself: I'm a middle aged guy in Illinois. I do medieval reenactment and a few related things.

How I found Canterlot.com: A link from "My Little Pony Tales" which has apparently gone dormant.

How I became a fan of MLP:FiM: I watched it to see what the memes were about and got hooked. I got caught up about 1/2 through S-1 and have been impatient since.

My favourite main cast pony/s: Fluttershy,Twilight Sparkle
After filling out the form I'm not sure what to put down other than the fact that I'm a bit Pony obsessed lately. It's been a rough year for me and they have helped a lot. S-2 finale was AWESOME! Though I hate waiting!

Welcome to Canterlot!

I hope you enjoy your time here and I hope to see you in the RP area should you chose to join us!

Also, you do Medieval reenactment o.o I LOVE Medieval stuff, but I am more in to the fantasy side of it then the actual side.

And glad to hear you liked the season 2 finale. I still can't stop singing the Aria and have to listen to it each time I think of it or else I lose all focus on my work!

Thanks for the welcome.

I realized after I posted I forgot to add: I'm trying to hook my wife. She is an exact personality match for Fluttershy. Which made her mad until she saw a few parts she identified with enough to want to finish the episodes. Now she has embraced her Fluttershyness. She even put 3 butterflies on the labels for the mead she's making! :Flutter:

@AlisonRose: The "Love is in Bloom" song is what's stuck in my head. I wish there was more to it.

On the Medieval thing, that is one hiccup with it. The group I'm in isn't nearly as exacting as some out there but we have several vocal sourpusses that get down on inauthenticity.

I'm more about the general interest in the time and spending time with good people.

Thanks for the welcome.

I realized after I posted I forgot to add: I'm trying to hook my wife. She is an exact personality match for Fluttershy. Which made her mad until she saw a few parts she identified with enough to want to finish the episodes. Now she has embraced her Fluttershyness. She even put 3 butterflies on the labels for the mead she's making! :Flutter:

@AlisonRose: The "Love is in Bloom" song is what's stuck in my head. I wish there was more to it.

On the Medieval thing, that is one hiccup with it. The group I'm in isn't nearly as exacting as some out there but we have several vocal sourpusses that get down on inauthenticity.

I'm more about the general interest in the time and spending time with good people.

And of course you bring up the other song that WONT LEAVE MY HEAD...

I swear I am like...damaged or something, as soon as I see the names of the songs or references to them BAM, I start singing.

• Like 1

@MyLittlePonyTales That would be the one!

@Davroth: Certainly not on the underwear part! The group I'm in, the SCA (very google-able without the full name) generally shoots for the "10 foot rule." If it looks ok from 10 feet away it's good. There are some that go the whole 9 yards but they're the inority. For the first couple years all that's expected is an attempt at medieval. I've met some of the groups that critisize fabric choices, and buttons and all that. Doesn't sound fun to me.

@SilverMint: We have several kinds of combat. All of it is live, though the Rapier, which has steel blades, is touch calibration. Though "touch" is usually a bit more than what touch implies.

I'm actually the head of the youth combat program in our state. Foam weapons for the kids. :)

Call me a snob then, because I kinda snort at people when they don't use natural materials. ;D

I jest, but sometimes, on the bigger cons I go to, you see really weird stuff, and not cool weird. Just weird. :I

It's the flipside of only playing high fantasy LARP. ^^