Does anyones Parents know they are a Brony?

Dash91

My parents are well aware that I watch MLP, and honestly they don't care. I'm 16, and I do things that are generally considered unorthodox. So, at this point they stopped caring. I'm pretty sure my sister is a closet pegasister though.

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My whole family knows. My parents find me being a brony really funny. My dad's reaction was "Son, I think we need to talk" XD My mom just laughed. The rest of my family just became brony haters though, but they mostly just tease me, then I'll tease myself.

Wow I read most of this thread and for once I feel kind of lucky. I'm gay so I can get away with loving MLP much more effectively than the straight bronies, but I feel your pain in wondering what what people will think :/

It's interesting how many parallels I see between these kinds of threads and the coming out threads I read on LGBT forums. >.>

Both of my brothers and I love FiM. My youngest brother is the only one of us who's straight. My parents don't care. XD They just find the pony thing amusing.

I think it's so funny how much of a renaissance I've started in my community, being a Brony.

I mean, the word "Brony" is now a REGULARLY-USED TERM in my school, I've gone and made two of my friends Bronies, I've discovered countless classmates are closet Bronies, and I've acquired a monumental amount of attention for this fact.

It's certainly a welcome change, I guess, xD

It's interesting how many parallels I see between these kinds of threads and the coming out threads I read on LGBT forums. >.>

Both of my brothers and I love FiM. My youngest brother is the only one of us who's straight. My parents don't care. XD They just find the pony thing amusing.

That's exactly what I was thinking. Our society doesn't encourage difference, so we hide who we are. It's sad.

tumblr_m3f1362Njl1rub6v7o1_400.png

Well one is...Even still my dream of the past 4 months came true this morning. Every saturday morning when I woke for the last few months I said a little prayer that when I go downstairs Mlp would already be on and there would be my family sitting there quietly enjoying it. I recently broke that I am a brony to my mom and she showed mild interest in the show which I was ecstatic to discover, so Imagine how happy I was when those prayers were answered and I wake up late to the sound of tara strong's voice playing on the living room tv. Low and behold I run downstairs and there is my mom all by herself sitting there smiling and watching ponies. :kissy: :kissy: :kissy: :kissy:

My mother sings along to the intro since she accepts I'm a brony and my dad laughs it off and accepts since I am an only child, being 19 and finishing up school away from home my parents never really cared when I started watching it before I moved out.

My friends on the other hand openly mock me for liking ponies and it's ended up horribly since I hardly talk to any of my old friends I grew up with anymore.

My friends on the other hand openly mock me for liking ponies and it's ended up horribly since I hardly talk to any of my old friends I grew up with anymore.

Those really don't sound like good friends to me. I'm so sorry to hear that!

My mom made fun of me about going to Bronycon, until she realized she's getting my old laptop and a visit from me out of the deal.

Everyone's ok with my Brony status. Maybe because people who know me well enough are afraid of any counter-scorn they might get for me for the goofy things they like if they dare mock the ponies openly.

We all grew up together also since kindergarden so it was kind of hard since I thought they would be the most accepting, so I moved away for job experience and currently have no one in town to talk to, I just work out and visit the grocery store when I need something it currently is a very lonely life.

Both my parents know, oddly enough I told my mom at a punk rock concert. As for my dad he walked in my room whilst I was watching mlp ( i had a major poker face when that happened). While my dad will make the odd joke they don't care.

We all grew up together also since kindergarden so it was kind of hard since I thought they would be the most accepting, so I moved away for job experience and currently have no one in town to talk to, I just work out and visit the grocery store when I need something it currently is a very lonely life.

Well we're all here for u ^.^

Maybe it was a little harsh but shes been acting weird lately grounding me from xbox and other things because of school and because I... you know clop. i cant really help it though I mean if she knew I liked My Little Pony imagine what shed do

I'll admit I'm a bit confused here. I'm not quite following anything. If I may ask, and I'm sorry if I'm getting too in depth, how old are you and what country/state are you from? I just want to put a fre thoughts fo rest.

Archived