Does anyones Parents know they are a Brony?

Dash91

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My parents don't know and I'm not exactly sure what they would do if they found out, *hopefully* they wouldn't disown me though. I can imagine it would be an awkward conversation too. As for my friends, my closer friends know I like it and one of my friends is also a Brony as well although they do think it's kind of strange. :/

My parents don't know and I'm not exactly sure what they would do if they found out, *hopefully* they wouldn't disown me though. I can imagine it would be an awkward conversation too. As for my friends, my closer friends know I like it and one of my friends is also a Brony as well although they do think it's kind of strange. :/

It would be definately be highly akward, but I highly doubt they would disown you. What kind of parents would do that?

My mom knows, she makes the odd joke, but she thinks it's harmless, which it is! :) I don't live with my dad, but he saw my Rainbow Dash shirt once and said, "That horse has the coolest hair I've seen in a while." So I'm pretty sure he approves :smug:

My friends are also a part of the fandom with me, and we all enjoy the show, all at different levels. Some enjoy it full-blown pegasister style like me, and some count it as a regular show that they'd watch if they stumbled on it when flicking through channels.

As far as things go, I think I'm lucky that it's so widely accepted, but some of you fellow bronies don't seem to share my luck :-( So, if anypony needs a hug, or somepony to talk to I'm totally happy to be there for you. After all, Friendship is Magic. :)

Yeah, you're lucky to have such accepting friends and family, also you Dad sounds like a badass. XD

I don't make any effort to hide it. I keep my toy figures lined up like an army atop my mini fridge, I've got my Welovefine poster up on my room, and I wear my two pony shirts whenever they're clean. I wear them in public and honestly I get no real reaction from anyone.

I also keep the Pinkie McDonalds toy as a keychain.

My dad thinks I'm insane, but hes thought that for a while and just accepts it as another 'eccentricity'. My mom doesn't mind in the slightest since it makes me happy.

I forgot to mention that my cousins who live about an hour to the south are into the show as well! Technically they are in the upper registers of the target audience and are girls. Their older brother, who is only a few months older than me isn't one but knows several fellow Airmen who watch the show and are really cool guys in his base. I told him during the phone call to say hi to them for me as a fellow Brony. My aunt, his mom, supports me in what I enjoy too. I love my family.

My parents really could care less, considering I always criticize and hate everything, if anything they are probably glad I've found something I both criticize and like.

My brother and my friends however, seem completely unable to comprehend it, and at time even angered by it. Ironic when considering they always preach doing research before bashing something.

Also kind of funny when considering my one friend against it the most is the one who reads nothing but shoujo manga.

My parents know and they're all okay with it, but they seem a bit confused by it. Like, they keep getting me non-MLP pony related things, as if ponies were my new favorite animal. They don't seem to understand that I like mlp for the story, not the ponies.

I've had my best brony friend sleep over just to watch the episodes in the morning. On the morning of the Canterlot Wedding we had it blasting and were openly reacting to the show. At one point I screamed "Dafuq!" when twilight was sent underground. My mom just asked if she should be worried or if it was ponies. I told her it was ponies. My dad and sister didn't even bother saying anything. I love them so much :D :D :D :D

Yup, i pretty much hide my broiness from everyone out of fear of loseing everyone i care about.

Just get yourself a brony shirt, wear it around, and you will make new, better, pony friends. :D

Also, if they care about you, they won't care you like ponies.

Don't worry man! I was a lot like you untili talked with a few friends about it and wore a shirt in public, most of my friends are neutral about it. Although one friend has seen the magic it holds and has told me that she'd buy the It's about to Get Magical shirt in purple!

My mom doesn't care, neither do most of my friends.

My mom actually enjoys the show somewhat and 2 of my friends watch it (a guy and a girl).

I have a friend that likes to bring it up in a negative way, but our dynamic has been to pick at each other...its been that way for 9 years (we grew up together basically and know what too far is). His favorite weapon on fallout was fisto! until i made a joke about how he will fist all the women left in DC until the human race dies off.

I told him i enjoy the ponies and the expected happened. But i usually shut him down by saying something like "I'm wearing a Rainbow Dash Hoodie, your argument is invalid."

I've had my best brony friend sleep over just to watch the episodes in the morning. On the morning of the Canterlot Wedding we had it blasting and were openly reacting to the show. At one point I screamed "Dafuq!" when twilight was sent underground. My mom just asked if she should be worried or if it was ponies. I told her it was ponies. My dad and sister didn't even bother saying anything. I love them so much :D :D :D :D

confirmed. I am said friend and When twilight was sent underground I had to run outside to scream in confusion. His dad quickly came running in concern and almost fell over sliding on the hard wood floor. Best sleepover ever.

Heh, my family knows and they poke fun at it. But they don't mean anything by it - heck, I even got a pinkie pie toy as a christmas gift !

I don't go out of my way to advertise it, but I don't hide it either. Most people just shrug it off as another one of my eccentricities, because I'm quite eccentric apparently.

My dad found out when I was watching it on TV while I was at his house. He doesn't get it. He doesn't make fun of me or belittle me for it, but he'll pop in with a little "Still watching girly ponies?" joke every so often when I watch it. We both just kind of laugh it off. I don't think my mom knows, but she's the kind of cool mom who'll love me no matter what I like, so I don't think I'd have much of a problem if she found out.

My mum and dad both know, neither of them are really that bothered, they just accept it.

I'm convinced that i could get my mum to like the show too...hmm

On the up side, i have a friend at uni whom i'm currently watching the show with, we've nearly finished season 1. It's so much more fun to watch the show with a friend! :D

Archived