Does anyones Parents know they are a Brony?

Dash91

Well, it is official... My mother HAS to know, but not care enough to say anything.

I mean... She browsed right past it while getting to Columbo in my Netflix recently watched (she uses my account). This was right after telling her that it was my account, I pay for it, and everything on it is mine. So... yeah...totally doesn't care. I saw her pass it too... so it wasn't like she went straight to search and never saw it either... She saw it, said nothing, went along watching Columbo.

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dunno Swirly, but if she cared you think she'd say something?

mlfw2560_small.png

She has questioned me on Phineas and Ferb.... so yes... yes I do... I think she has just come to accept my love of cartoon (read: children's) programming XD

My parents probably don't know what bronies are, but they both know that I'm a fan. They seem to find it a bit... stupid. I've always enjoyed cartoons more than live action or filmed stuff, so they probably think they won't be able to get me out of this since they couldn't keep me from enjoying cartoons from my childhood.

My parents... Sadly...

Are not amused. They tried it once and threw it down. When i say tried, i mean gen 3(.5) of course. But the whole school takes it as a joke, i know one Pegasister from there but NO bronies. I told my parents TWICE. First time being----

Parent walks into room (Dad)

Dad: Umm what are you watching

Me: Its obviously a stupid youtube ad, hurr durr...

Dad: No it's not, look, it even says My Little Pony on the video name.

Me: Oh right yeah im a brony okbai.

Dad: Brony?

Me: Bro Pony. Now leave so i can talk to derpy.

SECOND TIME (Most recent)

*Le me leaving for school* (This time telling my mum)

Me: Mum i watch my little pony Okbai.

Mum: You gay hurr durr

Me: Umadbro?

Yeah. That's pretty much what happened, just made more comedic. The second one was roughly exactly the same. The first one as i remember included the end and nothing much else. I was banned for the PC 2 weeks because of my mum BTW.

My parents dont know, nor will they for the foreseeable future. Despite having been born in the 60's and liking the whole be whoever you are ideal from the 80's there still old fashioned :L My brother is a brony but Im probally going to tell him I am aswell pretty soon :D

Hmm, let's check the facts here...

- I'm going to BroNYCon next month

- I've recently been told to "tone my Brony business on Facebook" down

- I've bought a ton of Hot Topic Brony shirts

- I've bought the "Friendship Express" DVD

- My Dad and Step-Mother tried to keep me from being a Brony

Hmmm...you think they know I'm a Brony?

:smug:

I told my mom and though she doesn't often support things I like, she's flat out embraced my Brony-hood...She's not only bought me a Brony Shirt (The Rainbow Dash 20% cooler shirt) but also a Pony Blind bag, and next week as payment for taking care of her dog is buying me the pack of pony figures that includes the mane 6

She's even gone so far as to get me the toys from Mcdonalds AND knows several of them by name :3

You know how I posted that my sister argued alongside me against my mom? Well, she told her best friend about it (its just one person, Tyler!), and now my dad's entire church knows.

I'm assuming you think that is bad. For some reason Catholicism, which is supposed to be accepting, is not all too accepting of homosexuality, and I'm assuming you think that they'll view your enjoyment of MLP:FiM as a sign of homosexuality and ostracize you for it. Leading, possibly, to further issues within your town.

I offer this advice, if the previous statements are true... Stick to your guns. Things will work out. There is no sense in worrying about how many people know or what they might think. You must be you, and no one else. Do not try and change their view of the show, but do however show them that it is not the media but the person that should be judged on their merits.

And if I am wrong, I do apologize for reading into this too deeply or incorrectly...

I think you nailed it right on the head, Swirly!

To expand on his advice, I think you should stick to your guns no matter what: with life in general and the people you deal with in it. Take pride in what you enjoy and don't let anyone from anywhere tell you otherwise.

I dont remember if I posted this or not, but my mother is now fully aware I love MLP:FiM

It didnt shock her as I'm a major fan of animation (eastern and western) but because it *IS* MLP she now is even more convinced I'm gay... and mocks me for my Dashie messenger bag and shirts... but at this point I dont care and at least it means I can wear them whenever I want (though I'm not brave enough to wear my RD tail yet...)

I dont remember if I posted this or not, but my mother is now fully aware I love MLP:FiM

It didnt shock her as I'm a major fan of animation (eastern and western) but because it *IS* MLP she now is even more convinced I'm gay... and mocks me for my Dashie messenger bag and shirts... but at this point I dont care and at least it means I can wear them whenever I want (though I'm not brave enough to wear my RD tail yet...)

Ask her how liking a cartoon can decide your sex preference. Maybe she's worried about grandchildren?

You have an RD tail!? Show meeeee!

Ask her how liking a cartoon can decide your sex preference. Maybe she's worried about grandchildren?

You have an RD tail!? Show meeeee!

Because its "for little girls" and there's nothing I can say or do to make her think otherwise. And yes, she's constantly nagging me to get a GF, get married, and Have some grandkids for her...

Lol, it's not assembled yet but I have all the colors in the right lengths, I've not gotten the hook for it yet so I've not put it together.

Poor grandmother thinking that ponies limit one's chances of finding a girlfriend.

As for the Rd tail, that's cool! I bought an RD mane and tail for my cosplay idea.

As for the Rd tail, that's cool! I bought an RD mane and tail for my cosplay idea.

I bought my mane and am making my tail (the only ones I saw were like $60, I got all materials for less than $20) I'm still needing a cyan zentai suit, boots, and vest (as well as some felt to make her wings) I'm hoping to make it to Dragon*Con in Sept and cosplay her there in "Winter Wrap Up" costume.

Got the mane/ tail from www.thefivewits.com ($40 total), a blue T-shirt with RD's cutie mark on Cafe Press ($30), and I'm going to get wings and ears made up with my friend's help using felt.

My Mane came from theatrical supplies (dont remember the URL) for ~$12, my Tail hair came from Doctored Lox for $2/color, I'm getting the zentai suit off eBay for $30, the boots from I dont know where yet, making the vest, "padding" from eBay, cutiemark/wings/ears from felt (we're probably using the same tutorial) for $4 from Wallyworld, pink contacts from (site that's closed down) for $30, blue makeup from SillyFarm for $7 and if I have the time/$ I'm comissioning a custom Loyalty Necklace from a friend of mine. Trying to decide wheather to go with a prosthetic muzzle (which I have, but got from NorthFur FX for ~$25) or just shade the area to imply it's a muzzle... Oh and my 20% cooler Messenger bag from WeLoveFine. Not sure how/if I'll do hooves or just go with hands (might do the "large zleeve/open bottom" approach a lot of people use) --- Sad part is I'll only be there for 1 day so a lot of the effort seems a waste since I'll only use it a couple times (D*C in sept, FWA in Feb --- possibly repeat next year if we get a S4) though I might wear it to my SWRCD20 game one night just to mess with them (especially since the Ref's a brony and one of the player loves to "hate" ponies (he really doesn't care, just isnt into it, but enjoys ribbing the series good-naturedly)

My Mane came from theatrical supplies (dont remember the URL) for ~$12, my Tail hair came from Doctored Lox for $2/color, I'm getting the zentai suit off eBay for $30, the boots from I dont know where yet, making the vest, "padding" from eBay, cutiemark/wings/ears from felt (we're probably using the same tutorial) for $4 from Wallyworld, pink contacts from (site that's closed down) for $30, blue makeup from SillyFarm for $7 and if I have the time/$ I'm comissioning a custom Loyalty Necklace from a friend of mine. Trying to decide wheather to go with a prosthetic muzzle (which I have, but got from NorthFur FX for ~$25) or just shade the area to imply it's a muzzle... Oh and my 20% cooler Messenger bag from WeLoveFine. Not sure how/if I'll do hooves or just go with hands (might do the "large zleeve/open bottom" approach a lot of people use) --- Sad part is I'll only be there for 1 day so a lot of the effort seems a waste since I'll only use it a couple times (D*C in sept, FWA in Feb --- possibly repeat next year if we get a S4) though I might wear it to my SWRCD20 game one night just to mess with them (especially since the Ref's a brony and one of the player loves to "hate" ponies (he really doesn't care, just isnt into it, but enjoys ribbing the series good-naturedly)

Want............

Archived