Apple Cider [Final]

Roleplay Type: World of Equestria RP

Name: Apple Cider

Sex: Female

Species: Earth Pony

Eye Color: Orange

Coat Color: Light-Green

Mane/Tail/Markings Color & Style: Blonde, brushed to one side.

Physique: Average physique

Cutie Mark: Three Apple Cores.

Origin/Residence: Ponyville

Motivation: To make the best Apple Cider in all of Equestria.

Likes: Apple Cider, Her extended family, Sweet tasting things, Wine

Dislikes: Orange Juice, The Flim-Flam Brothers, Rotten Cider

Character Summary:

Apple Cider was born among her extended family, in ponyville,

However, she lives with a foster family and has continued to live there

since being born. Instead of being raised by Applejack, Big Mac, and Granny Smith, she was raised by

a kind family who produced cider made from the Apple Family's apples.

Her foster-father "Big Gulp" was the Taster, and her foster-mother "Autumn Gold" was in charge of the

brewing and fermentation of the apples in the cider. They themselves are unable to have foals due to

Big Gulp being sterile from all of the cider tasting. So without giving up, they adopted Apple Cider

because they are unable to bear children themselves.

Apple Cider actually got her cutie mark as a filly while assisting her parents one day in Cider-brewing. She

slipped into a barrel of the stuff that had over-fermented, happened to get a few mouth-fulls and got

quite.. hammered. After she pulled herself out of the barrel and stumbled a few times, she discovered

she was able to keep her wits about her and realize that the cider itself was over-fermented to the point

of being about thirty percent alcohol, and wasn't fit for consumption. It was then she realized her gift

and acquired her cutie mark, three apple cores... of course, it didn't stop her from drinking more of it.

She also shares a trait with her genetic parents, in that she enjoys the high life and feeling regal.

Unfortunately the brewing of cider and the high life don't quite mix very well. Showing up to an event

in a magnificent dress with the smell of cider on your breath doesn't sit well with most posh ponies.

But she can normally conduct herself with poise and class, even if she is a little inebriated.

But once she gets a few glasses of wine in her, it all goes downhill from there.

Now she's enthusiastic about helping her foster parents make great cider. Most of the days she's in the

cellar of their brewery, tasting the ciders and making sure they're properly fermented, and aged to

perfection. When she's not in the cellar she's running back and forth between Sweet Apple Acres and her

home, making sure she picks only the freshest ripest apples for their cider. She has been developing a

acquaintanceship with Applejack and her family, she hopes to become more though.

gallery_722_107_202383.png

I'm sorry to inform you but you might have not known this.

There is an Apple Cider pony and you have the wrong colors for them, here is a link to a picture of the Apple Cider from MLP:FiM

http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_ponies#Apple_Cider

A decent app, though there's one glaring issue:

The alcoholism. It's not something that should be a blatant or huge part of anypony's story, but it's good for something kept in the background. It's fine that she brews and taste tests cider, but we would rather avoid having her be addicted to it. It can be said that she likes a strong cider and is a preferred drink, however.

If you could revise this for us, it would be most appreciated :)

A decent app, though there's one glaring issue:

The alcoholism. It's not something that should be a blatant or huge part of anypony's story, but it's good for something kept in the background. It's fine that she brews and taste tests cider, but we would rather avoid having her be addicted to it. It can be said that she likes a strong cider and is a preferred drink, however.

If you could revise this for us, it would be most appreciated :)

I edited the post, but I honestly don't see the purpose in doing so. The world isn't a perfect place. There are ponies with problems. Equestria isn't just a land of kittens and puppies and musical numbers. So you're saying that any pony with a glaring problem that could inhibit the utopian Equestria is bad?

Ponies can have addictions. It's just a little too 'front door' for it to be straight up alcoholism. Alcoholism relates very painfully to human life because of the vast marketing and the fact that people will sometimes make the poor choice of driving a car while intoxicated, among several other reasons. The mane RP sections don't really have a place for a pony who makes destructive decisions because she has an addiction to fermented apples juice.

She can like apple cider a lot, just don't imply that she will be getting drunk and slur her judgment.

Ponies can have addictions. It's just a little too 'front door' for it to be straight up alcoholism. Alcoholism relates very painfully to human life because of the vast marketing and the fact that people will sometimes make the poor choice of driving a car while intoxicated, among several other reasons. The mane RP sections don't really have a place for a pony who makes destructive decisions because she has an addiction to fermented apples juice.

She can like apple cider a lot, just don't imply that she will be getting drunk and slur her judgment.

Well this is pony life.. I don't think Apple cider is going to be driving any cars anytime soon. And I didn't mean serious alcoholism. Just a little bit of slurred speech here or there when intoxicated.

Well this is pony life.. I don't think Apple cider is going to be driving any cars anytime soon. And I didn't mean serious alcoholism. Just a little bit of slurred speech here or there when intoxicated.

That should be fine. ;) I think the original problem was the direct mention of her being an alcoholic.

My only objection is the mention of the Oranges. They add no additional information to her story and may complicate relationships if/when someone decides to apply for them. Apple Cider herself is fine.

My only objection is the mention of the Oranges. They add no additional information to her story and may complicate relationships if/when someone decides to apply for them. Apple Cider herself is fine.

It's suspected.. Not proven by any means.. but if you want it removed I can take it out.