[Ponyville] Trash and Treasures (open)

Mojo

Madam Caramel Bistro nodded to High Roller "You are quite welcome. Oh my, yes, I would love to see those others on the train."

Her attention was caught by the sudden wooshing of Yuki as he moved all the nautical items the high strung sounding young mare had selected.

Bistro watched in surprise as the pile grew upward as well as outward.

She hoped nothing would fall and be damaged and held her breath until the task was done.

She giggled and applauded a bit when the mare faked preparing for a kiss, then brought out 5 Bits like a magic trick instead.

Bistro turned back to the Princess "Hopefully the trip to the station will be more sedate, Princess Cadence."

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yuki completely lost it after that, he fell to the floor twitching and with a happy look on his face

"H..How did you pull the coin out of nowhere?"

Yuki blacked out for a while, then got back up

"Anyways, the pile looks pretty good, if i say so myse-"

Yuki's rationality came back for a second and noticed that a few items were missing from the pile

"Wait, wasn't there more stuff than there already was on the top?"

Cadence blushed lightly at the stallion's compliment to her eyes, but accepted it gracefully. The figure truly was a small work of art, even being as modest as she could be about her own likeness.

"Thank you as well. And I would love to see more of your handiwork on the train ride if you're willing to share it." She turned to Madam Bistro. "Oh it doesn't bother me, really," she admitted. "I'd prefer something like this to an uneventful day trotting around the castle with no pony to talk to. My aunts can deal with paperwork for hours on end, but I get a little bored," she also added in a whisper.

After checking and making sure that Princess Platinum's crown was secure in a chest and locked tightly, she glanced around for anything else that needed doing. Otherwise, the trip to the train station was better made sooner than later...

"well if its boredom that worries you, you can just call for me and i'll come so we can hang out!"

Yuki was worried that Cadence would eventually snap from boredom, and cause a big issue, but mainly wanted another friend he could talk to more often

But he didn't let that distract him from the fact that the pile wasn't the same

'No, really, what happened to the pile

Looking around innocently TurnTimber simply grinned at Yuki.

"You see, instead of having it just be one giant pile that would damage the items. I places each into a respective sub-pile so that like items were together." She gave a large grin for a moment and then adjusted her glasses as she turned and swished her tail. She walked past Yuki and straight up to High Roller, she was confused as to what all the commotion was going on about some silly doll, but once she had seen the doll she was in love with it. She looked about and noticed her relitive closeness to Princess Cadence and swallowed hard as she backed up a bit, with a soft giggle she plotted and planned on how she was going to get a copy of that doll or that one in particular. Cadence was very pretty and it was good to often have 'eye-candy' around in times of need.

"That doll, how many have you made like that?" She looked on at the thing with eyes wide.

(ooc): YIPE! I could've swore I made a post here, but I guess the internet ate it. :sniff:

Pigpen instantly rushed over to Turn Timbers.

"A thousand pardons, Miss Port Sides!" the shaggy unkempt stallion pleaded. "My fault entirely. Please don't take it out on this nice young stallion here. He was only doing what I told him. We aim to please in my establishment and I'll set this right."

Pigpen then turned towards Yuki.

"I'll gladly help you sort these items out. We can do the job quickly if we work together. What do ya say?"

Watching from a distance, Saddlesore nudged Mr. Waddle.

"Looks like Mr. Perfect Pony ain't so perfect after all!" the grumpy blue stallion snarled.

"All of us make mistakes, Saddlesore," the elderly Earth Pony said, "No pony is perfect, but as you can see, Pigpen is working to set things right with his customer."

"Yeah, but if he REALLY wants to set things right, he needs to buy some industrial strength SOAP!"

"Saddlesore!" Mr. Waddle yelled in a hushed tone. "Insulting our friend is stepping over the line, young stallion! What if the others in his store heard you? What if the Princess overheard you?"

"Then she out to make a royal decree to make ol' shaggy there take a shower!"

"You are impossible!"

Yuki, determined to be taken seriously or at least heard stomped his foot down that the tile under him almost cracked, and his attitude almost changed entirely

"I said, something is missing from the PILE! Is nopony gonna listen to me? Here i am trying to help and i find that some things are MISSING entirely, not 'Moved to another pile' or 'its right over there', but MISSING"

He looked around with an fierce and angered look on his face to see if anyone noticed his observation.

"Pigpen i appreciate your help, but it would be most preferable that you help me find out where the missing items are"

• 2 weeks later...

It had been a strange day that is for sure, but now that she looked on at this Yuki pony who seemed to think that things were missing from the piles.

"Surely you are mistaken, there is nothing missing from the piles at all. Everything is still all right there. See?" She points to the piles and notes that everything is in fact still all there and none of it has left the store, hoping to put Yuki's suspicions to rest.

"I would have told you should something be missing or broken dear." She managed to utter out before her normal grin returned to her face and she adjusted her glasses. She then moved on to her actual target of this whole event now that she had spotted it. The toy replica of Princess Cadence, surely since it was a prototype the fine stallion wouldn't mind parting with it.

"Excuse me, HighRoller was it?" She started as she looked at him, her tail swishing a few times before she forced herself to calm down.

"I couldn't help but notice that fine piece of art in your hooves right there." She casually pointed to it as she flipped the bangs of her mane out of her face. "Is there anyway that I could convince you to allow me to either purchase that or get one of those by doing you some favors?" She tried to use her cutest voice and face possible attempting to render the stallion helpless and giving him only one choice, to give her the replica.

"I am so relieved that none of your items are missing, Miss Port Sides," Pigpen said with a smile before he walked over to where Princess Cadence and Madam Bistro stood. "Your majestry, Madam Bistro, if the two of you are ready to go, allow ME the honor of hailing you a cab to get you to the train station!"

"Hail a cab?" Saddlesore asked in disbelief. "How in Equestria is old Dirt Pile gonna pull off a stunt like that?"

"I believe you'll have the answer to that question if you are patient," Mr Waddle urged as Pigpen turned to the swarm of flies who always seemed to buzz around him.

"Please go get a cab and lead'm back here," the shaggy, unkempt stallion spoke as the flies buzzed out an open window. Moments later, Saddlesore's eyes bugged out as a yellow taxi carriage rolled up to the store. The angry taxi driver pony unhitched himself and ran inside after the swarm of flies carried his hat into the store and sat it upon Pigpen's head.

"HAY! THAT'S MY HAT!" the taxi driver roared until he spotted the Princess and instantly bowed before her. "My apologies, your majesty! I didn't know you were here."

"I must apologize also, sir, but my flies did what they did to bring you here to give these lovely mares a ride to the train station, when they are ready to depart." Pigpen explained.

"It would be my pleasure!" the taxi driver neighed as the swarm of flies returned his hat. "I will patiently wait outside, take all the time you need, your Highness."

Pigpen smiled as the taxi driver bowed again and then stepped outside, closing the door behind him.

"Now what did you think of THAT, Saddlesore? Saddlesore???" Mr. Waddle asked, waving his hoof in front of the dumbfounded and motionless grumpy blue stallion.

"Oh, really? Weird i thought that the vase was supposed to be in the silverware pile and the china plates were supposed to be in the decoy pile"

Yuki decided to drop the topic and noticed that Saddlesore was idle

"Bro, bro, you there? Bro. BRO! IM JUST TRYNA GET YO ATTENTIOOOOOON!"

Yuki proceeded to poke the grumpy stallion on the cheek until he got his attention, but until then he paid no attention to what was around him

Cadence waited patiently for her new traveling companion to be fully prepared for leaving, watching the rest of the events in the shop with a bemused expression. Saddlesore, she thought his name was, seemed to be a very irritated and opinionated pony, but she kept her mouth shut on the subject. After all, it seemed to be giving the elder stallion something to do while keeping him company.

A few of the others were arguing over missing items or something or another, but what really caught her attention was when Pigpen spoke to his flies to hail a cab. The alicorn had subtly avoided going anywhere near the insects while wandering around the shop, but now she watched curiously as they enticed a cab driver into the store just by stealing his hat. A small snicker escaped her lips before the stallion turned his attention to her and she instantly forced her expression into one of resigned dignity.

"Thank you driver!" she said happily. "I'm sure we won't be too much longer."

As they all watched the driver walk out the door, Mr Waddle began to gently poke the still stunned Saddlesore with his hoof.

"Saddlesore!" the elderly stallion shouted. "The gentlepony over there is calling for you."

"What..huh?" the blue stallion asked, shaking his head to return back to reality and turned towards Yuki. "Oh, I'm sorry sir, may I help you?"

Meanwhile, Pigpen thanked his fly friends for their help and then walked over to Madam Bistro and Princess Cadence.

"Your majesty, thank you for honoring me with your presence in my humble store. I will keep my eyes open for anymore ancient artifacts and if I discover more, I will contact Canterlot Castle immediately!" the shaggy stallion neighed before he turned towards Madam Bistro.

"Thank you for your patronage, Madam Bistro! If there's anything else I can do for you, please let me know!"

Then Pigpen walked over to Turn Timber.

"Miss Port Side, sorry for all the inconveniences. Rest assured that every item you've previous selected is here and will be kept in reverse for you as you continue to shop. I try very hard to make every customer of my shop 100% satisfied. When you are ready, I will gladly show you more of my nautical collection."

Madam Bistro watched Yuki's antics as he raced around fretting, certain there were items missing from the pile.

She thought he acted a lot like she heard a certain pink pony from this town acted when she visited Appleoosa.

With a wry smile, she went back to examining the tiny figure held by High Roller. "I will be sure to look your shop up when I finally start dating regularly. A figure of myself sounds a very special gift indeed if you would feel up to it sometime."

Her ears perked "Perhaps a special run of them as displays to be placed on a shelf near the front counter in each of my four locations? That should fascinate my customers."

The mocha earth mare tried not to giggle at Yuki's and Saddlesore's antics and moved over to where the Princess was when the cab pulled up. "I believe I am ready if you are, Princess."

Bistro looked at the shaggy owner of the shop. "I will certainly let you know, Mr Pigpen. Did...did those flies of yours actually grab a hat off that cab pony?"

"Bro, Saddlesore, about time, looks like Piggy here wants your attention"

Yuki rarely ever gave nicknames, but felt that he made friends today, and felt safe

"Lets see, PigPen is gonna be named Piggy, Saddlesore... I dunno I'll come up with something later..."

He began to prepare for his next order from Cadence

• 2 weeks later...

Princess Luna was out on the town today. Every so often she'd make a special trip to Ponyville, for things that couldn't be acquired in Canterlot. She was grateful for the farming town being so near her home at Canterlot Castle. Canterlot was a great city, but it was full of such snobs and refined ponies. Of course, that usual suited Luna just fine, being as highly brought up as she was. But Ponyville had history and a ruggedness about it that reminded her of times past.

And, being as old as she was, of course an antique shop would attract her. Of course, nowadays most things from before her banishment were found in museums. But she found studying up close things she'd read about in books from the past few hundred years or so to be quite interesting. There was also the off chance that somepony had picked up an ancient artifact that they had no idea about—which was, truthfully, a one in a million chance—but either way it was an enjoyable venture.

So it was that she found herself outside one of the antique shops in Ponyville. She'd managed to sneak out without a guard patrol, which was something she did about half the time when she went out, much to the chagrin of the captain of the guard. But she was just independent like that. Especially now, when Equestria was more or less at piece, a guard detail just got in the way, and having to accompany her on her ventures took them away from more important work.

She pushed open the door to see quite the String* of ponies present. This included a few scruffy looking characters, and most surprisingly of all, Cadance! Even if Luna had wanted to, she wouldn't be able to just slip in and start looking around. She was taller than anypony except Celestia, and her shimmering hair was like a beacon to her presence if her size didn't give it away. In any case, she was inside now, and ready to shop!

*A group of ponies is called a String.

"They certainly did, Miss Bistro!" Pigpen neighed proudly. "Taught'm that trick myself! Works every time I need to hail a carriage for a customer. But I have to admit, that driver's a new guy, so he's not used to it yet."

Saddlesore couldn't help but laugh out loud as Yuki gave Pigpen a 'nickname.'

"HA HA HA! Good one, Yuki!" the blue stallion laughed as he turned his back to the door. "PIGGY! That guy sure looks and smells like a pig!"

"Saddlesore!" Mr Waddle shouted. "That's not a bit nice. You will apologize to Pigpen immediately!"

"Oh, c'mon gramps! Ya gotta admit the name fits!" Saddlesore laughed on, not noticing Princess Luna's entrance into the store as she stood within earshot of the group..

"Rubbish! Haven't you been paying attention today? Look at all the important ponies who have come to this shop! Did you watch him give Princess Cadence those royal artifacts? He could've tried to sell them to her, but he generously gave them to her. What does that tell you?"

"That he's an idiot who's business sense is as bad as his smell!" the blue Earth Pony laughed. Mr. Waddle's anger turned to surprise when he spotted the Princess nearby.

"What would you say if I told you Princess Luna will appear in this shop today?" the elderly stallion said with a wide grin.

"Princess Luna? Are you crazy, old pony! Maybe if she was Nightmare Moon again, she could stand Pigpen's stentch, but there's no way she'd even be interested in coming here to see that dirty pile of horse fur! Why, if she set her hooves in this store right now, I'd eat that old straw hat hanging on the wall behind you!"

"Then Bon Apetite!" Mr Waddle neighed as he bowed down. When the laughing blue pony turned around, his eyes nearly bugged out of his head and his jaw hung wide open, even more so than when he saw Princess Cadence walk in. Pigpen was already bowed before Princess Luna.

"Your most royal majesty," the unkempt shaggy stallion said, "it is my pleasure to serve you! Thank you for gracing my humble establishment."

Saddlesore stood frozen in place, unable to speak and barely able to breathe in his astonishment.

Madam Bistro giggled "Trained flies, will your wonders never cease? You are truely an amazing pony, Mr Pigpen."

The ringing of the bell on the door made her look to the door.

Madam Bistro's eyes went wide as another pony entered, with a distinctive, rippling blue mane, delicate horn, and elegant wings she never thought she would see in person.

She broke into a genuine smile as she bowed graciously, eager to meet the Lunar Princess who's nights provide her with so much business. "Good day to you, Princess Luna! I am Madam Bistro..."

The Mocha Mare glanced to Princess Cadence as she rose from her bow "I take it our departure will be delayed while you catch up on things with Princess Luna?"

Cadence's smile somewhat froze on her face when she saw her regal and beautiful Aunt Luna canter into the shop. Her ethereal mane flowed in a wash of her own natural aura, something the pink alicorn couldn't hope to achieve for a long time yet, and her armored accessories were polished to a gleam. Very discreetly, Cadence summoned her magic to smooth her own hair just a bit more into perfect position. It wouldn't do to be anything less than regal in her aunt's presence.

"It may actually be just a few moments," the princess said in an aside to the cab driver, indicating the other royal mare before turning her attention to Madam Bistro. "I'm afraid it might be. I perfectly understand if you would like to hurry ahead so you don't miss your train, I won't keep you if you have somewhere you need to go."

She waited politely for the other ponies to finish their introductions before moving forward herself, inclining her head toward her aunt then straightening with a smile.

"Princess Luna, a pleasant surprise to see you here!" she said warmly, opting to stay formal as they weren't alone and removed in the castle, and she thought Luna might prefer it. "Did you also receive news of the amazing artifact that Pigpen managed to procure recently? It's quite a find," she added, opening the chest and levitating Princess Platinum's crown into the air for the Princess of the Night to inspect.

Luna was quite taken aback by the slew of rude comments coming from the mouth of a blue pony over by the counter. There was another blue pony, of a lighter shade, who looked a bit long in the tooth, and like the type you'd expect to find in a shop such as this. He was trying to talk some sense into the younger Earth pony, to which the fellow just insulted him in return. Apparently, having a princess nearby meant nothing to somepony so uncouth.

“Artifacts?” she repeated allowed, though not to anypony in particular. Nopony could probably hear her over the racket the Earth pony was making anyway. Luna would have to see if she could catch Cadance before she had to go, and see if the elderly stallion wasn't just exaggerating about some normal antiques.

But finally, somepony noticed her still standing in the middle of the shop. She inwardly smiled, imaging the look on the look on the rude pony's face when he realized—probably in a few seconds—that their presence had been graced by a second princess as well. Yes, just as she thought, it took only a few moments for the pony to change his tune. She had to keep from laughing allowed at his shocked expression.

“Thank you for your welcoming gesture.” she nodded for all bowing to rise. “At least someponies here knows how to give proper respect.” she looked down at the rude Earth pony. “I should hope you are not the owner of this establishment, else you shall receive no business from me.” Whether she was present or not was beside the point. The way he'd been acting was no way to treat anypony!

“Oh?” Her hardened expression changed to curiosity as Cadance brought the ancient piece forth. “I was just passing through Ponyville, actually. You're taking it back to the castle immediately for further inspection, I hope? I'm sure it's enchanted, to be in such fine condition—assuming it really is the right crown—but it's a priceless piece, nonetheless.” The entire time she'd been speaking, Luna was examining the crown, rotating it about with her magic and scrutinizing it. Well, the chances of finding something like this were one in a million, and she couldn't ignore the one that existed against all odds.

[ The weeks before the end of labor day are jerks... inactivity... but im back!]

"Woah saddlesore just cuz i gave piggy here a nickname doesn't mean you can go ahead and start hating, piggy's my friend at the same time and i don't appreciate the way you're abusing him, so you either leave him alone and avoid trouble, or keep ti up and look like rubbish to princess luna and cadence here. Also, if you don't want that hat over there...Can i have it?"

"Piggy, you don't even need to acknowledge his presence if he's gonna start making fun of you."

Even though Yuki mentioned Luna's name he was slow on realizing that yet another regal figure was in the same room as he was.

"...wait... is that.. Dang celestia you got a nice makeover, you look just like princess luna!"

Yuki stared with a blank, yet excited look on his face

[Hi, guys...sorry for my inactivity. My new full-time job has kept me very busy. I'm glad to be back, though. :)]

Roller rose from his own low, courtly bow to the newcomer. "Yuki, my friend, I'm afraid you're mistaken. That truly is Princess Luna." The young stallion smiled warmly at the Princess. "In all my short years, I never thought I'd be graced with the presence of the beauteous Princess of the Night." He slowly trotted up to her, doing his best not to interrupt her examination of the artifact. "What an exquisite mane..." muttered the unicorn mostly to himself.

"I wonder how one would represent such a thing with acrylics on pewter...maybe by drybrushing some sort of sparkly glaze over the regular coat...?" As he pondered these things out loud in his total geek-out mode, he seemed to forget that he was actually in the presence of royalty.

Saddlesore could only look on in stunned silence. His mouth hanging open, his eyes still bugged out. Added to all of the sudden emotions of shock and awe was the emotion of embarrassment and shame that being scoulded by Princess Luna brought to him.

"A thousand pardons, your majesty," Mr Waddle said with a respectful bow. "Saddlesore's not the proprietor of this shop, Pigpen is."

The glasses wearing elderly stallion pointed his front hoof towards Pigpen, who was still bowed before the two Princesses.

"You have both honored me and my humble store this day," the shaggy, unkempt stallion said, "please grant this lowly pony the priviledge of serving you! I hope you will find your heart's desire here, in my shop! Feel free to browse! Princess Cadence, the crown and ancient scrolls are my gift to all of Equestria. If those items are authentic, they belong in a museum for all ponies to see and enjoy."

"And don't might Saddlesore, Princess Luna. He's about to have his lunch," Mr Waddle said, quickly retrieving the straw hat from the wall and stuffing it into the blue stallion's still wide open mount. "You DID vow to eat this, sonny."

Still in a state of confused shock, Saddlesore began to chew on the hat slowly, too scared to say a word in his own defense.

Madam Bistro rose from her bow as Princess Luna directed her to do. "You are most welcome, your Highness."

The Mocha Mare hmmed at Cadenza's question and pulled out a pocket watch from a hidden pocket in her puffy shoulder sleeve. "I believe there is still time before the Friendship Express arrives, Princess Cadenza. If time gets close though, I will go on ahead." She smiled brightly "My whole business revolves around the coming and going of trains by each of my locations so I'm familiar with the quirks of the rail system."

Bistro suddenly heard Yuki's comment about Luna and facehoofed "Oh dear..." She hoped he was not about to be banished to the sun or somesuch...

And then High Roller got close to Princess Luna. -Really close as he tried to examine the Royal Canterlot Mane. She smirked as she sidled up and gently nudged him, whispering "Personal space, High Roller, personal space."

In a slightly louder voice she continued "Oh, please excuse this stallion Princess. You know how artists get at times, and his tiny sculpting work is amazing..."

The mare blinked suddenly as she saw Saddlesore get his comeuppance, forced to eat a straw hat...

"That's Princess Luna? Woah, even better, actually my friend who is an artist wanted to draw you, considering she's into regal and nightly figures like you, maybe you two could meet up and she could start working?"

Yuki was also expecting a reply from Saddlesore to see if he could eat the hat instead of Saddlesore, I mean, it IS a straw hat...