• The Heart Carol
    • The Flim Flam Brothers
    • The Perfect Stallion
    • Smile Song
    • BBBFF
    • This Day Aria
    • Love is in Bloom
    • Other

Opportunity is by far my favorite song. Smile x3 would be second, followed by Find a Pet. There is something about This Day Aria that just doesn't do it for me like those three. It is a great song, but it is more like #5 on my list. (Crazy I know)

I was torn betweent his day aria and BBBFF, but i loved all the songs. in the end, I went with the aria.

Here's my top ten list for Season 2 songs

10. Welcome To Ponyville

9. Heart Carol a.k.a. Circle of Friends

8. Flim Flam Brothers Song

7. The Perfect Stallion

6. BBBFF

5. Love is in Bloom(episode version and extended version)

4. Find A Pet Song

3. Becoming Popular The Pony Everypony Should Know

2. Smile Smile Smile

1. This Day Aria

I pick 'Smile', hands down.

Why?

Well, I love it for how DIVERSE it is.

Let us refresh our memory with the song itself:

We pick up with a peppy beat, which just builds and builds until we reach the next verse. This first verse, while peppy, is our starting point. Some excellent strings here, but it only serves as a single taste.

Then we hit the great 90s Pop feel here in the second verse. As we hit all these notes and can feel them just vibrate with the energy and life that Pinkie herself has while singing, we start getting a hold of the beat. Let's be honest, at the second verse, you're hooked every time.

Right about the point where we hit the "It's true some days will be dark and lonely...", we recognize the tonal change. It's an excellent drop-out, just to build it right back into a higher pitch than before. It builds unbelievable momentum in beat, and shows how much energy was pent up during those first verses, and then the sing really hits it.

Then, we hit what I call the "Gospel Section". After all, the chorus pick-up is EXCELLENT. It fills up the song and gives it the extra nudge to push it over, and it really DOES feel like Gospel. The chorus, the thundering beat that erupts with it, with a single singer just pushing the song with all the power it has left. That chorus is just BEAUTIFUL. I can't imagine the song without it. That's what makes it for me, really.

Really, I love it for its diverse attitude and how much it builds in terms of beat and how CATCHY it is. You can't tell me you haven't hummed this song once since it was first leaked online, or since it first aired as a completed act.

I don't blame the Bronies for singing this all through BronyCon last weekend. I sang right along, and I couldn't feel more happy. That's the best effect of this song, it WILL get you to smile! The peppy beat that lifts you from any sadness you could have, the gummy lyrics that latch onto you and make you want to sing it right back...it's just the most upbeat and most fun song that Amy Keating Rogers and Daniel Ingram have put out.

In general....it's my favorite song from the show.

Smile is technically impressive, complex and I have nothing but praise for how well put together Daniel Ingram's composition and Amy Keating Roger's lyrics are. I don't know though, it's missing something for me to push it to the top. It's kind of the same as how I felt about Winter Wrap Up from season one. I look at it and realize how very good it is, but I can't help but just like listening to something else more (in that case it was Rarity's Dressmaking Song).

For all the song's talk of smiles, all it really does is make me smirk a little. This Day Aria on the other hand makes me grin wildly, especially Chrysalis' parts. It's just a lovely little song. I'm not surprised to see it's the one winning this poll. ;)

I know I will get insane whiplash from the fandom for saying this....but after all the finale hype passed...I really don't see how excellent "This Day Aria" is anymore.

I mean, I still love the composition of it. No doubt about it. However, as a 'villain song' as many people have labelled it, what does it necessarily do for us? It doesn't tell us the motives of the false Princess Cadence (Queen Chrysalis), give us anything we don't know, and it really only serves to be a spectacular display of music and animation...but it serves no purpose. It doesn't advance the plot, give us development, or do anything very ESSENTIAL to the plot. In fact, if you edited out that entire song number, the story would STILL be perfectly intact and you could pick up with the episode without any trouble.

The way I see it, it's a song simply plugged-in to be a spectacular display and tell us how EVILLLLLLLL* Chrysalis is. Besides that, what purpose does it serve? I can smile at how excellently-made it is...but in terms of the plot, I don't see how it conveys anything.

Even with "Smile", that had SOME purpose. After all, we needed that song in "A Friend In Deed" to show how enthusiastic Pinkie Pie was about her friends, and how she felt about being the big smile in their lives. It gave us the development and idea that Pinkie loved to have friends and loved to make them smile. It then helped in introducing the problem of the episode, that being that Cranky didn't want anything to do with her.

Do I love "This Day Aria"? Of course. It's a BEAUTIFUL song. However, what purpose does it have?

*I dedicate this awesome reference to Ernest Borgnine. My father will remember you from McHale's Navy, but I'll always remember you from my childhood as Mermaid Man...

I know I will get insane whiplash from the fandom for saying this....but after all the finale hype passed...I really don't see how excellent "This Day Aria" is anymore.

I mean, I still love the composition of it. No doubt about it. However, as a 'villain song' as many people have labelled it, what does it necessarily do for us? It doesn't tell us the motives of the false Princess Cadence (Queen Chrysalis), give us anything we don't know, and it really only serves to be a spectacular display of music and animation...but it serves no purpose. It doesn't advance the plot, give us development, or do anything very ESSENTIAL to the plot. In fact, if you edited out that entire song number, the story would STILL be perfectly intact and you could pick up with the episode without any trouble.

The way I see it, it's a song simply plugged-in to be a spectacular display and tell us how EVILLLLLLLL* Chrysalis is. Besides that, what purpose does it serve? I can smile at how excellently-made it is...but in terms of the plot, I don't see how it conveys anything.

Even with "Smile", that had SOME purpose. After all, we needed that song in "A Friend In Deed" to show how enthusiastic Pinkie Pie was about her friends, and how she felt about being the big smile in their lives. It gave us the development and idea that Pinkie loved to have friends and loved to make them smile. It then helped in introducing the problem of the episode, that being that Cranky didn't want anything to do with her.

Do I love "This Day Aria"? Of course. It's a BEAUTIFUL song. However, what purpose does it have?

*I dedicate this awesome reference to Ernest Borgnine. My father will remember you from McHale's Navy, but I'll always remember you from my childhood as Mermaid Man...

Rarity quote "how could you?" I'm kidding everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

I loved the Smile song.

It's upbeat, cute, and fits well with Pinkie's personality. If Art of dress is Rarity's theme, the this would be Pinkie's.

This Day Aria and Love is in Bloom are tied for second. Both are great with Love having an upbeat dancing feel and This Day having the dual singing parts.

I loved the Smile song.

It's upbeat, cute, and fits well with Pinkie's personality. If Art of dress is Rarity's theme, the this would be Pinkie's.

This Day Aria and Love is in Bloom are tied for second. Both are great with Love having an upbeat dancing feel and This Day having the dual singing parts.

I agree with everything you said although Love is in Bloom is ranked number 5 on my top ten song list for Season 2 but yeah those are all really good songs and I like them alot.

I like the Find A Pet song the best~ I like the Smile song because it was the first MLP song I knew (my boyfriend sang it too me when I got my wisdom teeth out, wish helped as well) but it's not my favorite... This Day Aria was okay, but I don't see why everypony is all hyped up about it. It doesn't really tell anything about the story (in my opinion) and has nothing to do with the main characters.

And who doesn't love Rainbow Dash and cute little animals? :D

• Like 1

I like the Find A Pet song the best~ I like the Smile song because it was the first MLP song I knew (my boyfriend sang it too me when I got my wisdom teeth out, wish helped as well) but it's not my favorite... This Day Aria was okay, but I don't see why everypony is all hyped up about it. It doesn't really tell anything about the story (in my opinion) and has nothing to do with the main characters.

And who doesn't love Rainbow Dash and cute little animals? :D

Find A Pet Song is ranked number 4 on my top 10 list and Smile is ranked number 2 but i'm just curious do you not like This Day Aria or are you saying it's just ok?

Find A Pet Song is ranked number 4 on my top 10 list and Smile is ranked number 2 but i'm just curious do you not like This Day Aria or are you saying it's just ok?

I think it's a good song, but I like others better. (:

I feel like I share the same problem with many of choosing between Smile and This Day Aria. I'm going to have to go with the fantastic villain song, though. It really stuck with me when I watched it, and was the most memorable part of the Finale for me. Smile was also in an episode I didn't really like at the time (though have new-found respect for) but since initial viewing it's definitely a good second.

Becoming Popular is also worth noting because Rarity. :Rarity:

Chose BBBFF as first favorite, and ALL THE SONGS OF ENTIRE SHOW as my second favorite! :D

Honestly, I love all the songs, and once the beat of one of them get to my head, I sing it the entire day.

Ok sometimes I find myself singing the songs on my Season 1 hate list and my Season 2 hate list as well as songs on my top 10 list for Season 1 and Season 2 so yeah.

Sometimes I find myself singing all songs from the show. I don't just mean ones on my top 10 list for Season 1 or my top 10 list for Season 2 sometimes I find myself singing songs from both my Season 1 hate list and my Season 2 hate list. Does this happen to anybody else other than me?