• The Flim Flam Brothers
    • The Perfect Stallion
    • Smile Song
    • BBBFF
    • This Day Aria
    • Love is in Bloom
    • Other

This Day Aria. Best song in the show ever. :D

Find a Pet and Becoming Popular are distant second and third places. :)

I rather liked all the songs this season though. ;)

• Like 2

Find a Pet -- I heard/watched it for the first time in a room of 250 other pony fans, and it was amazing.

Actually watching a new episode with an audience is a wonderful experience. If any of you ever have the chance, do it!

Killer question... Most songs had something which pulls me towards them. But in the end, I voted on BBBFF. When I think of songs from season 2, this one comes in my mind first.

And this way, I've betrayed Rarity. I'm so pathetic...! ...

For me Love is in Bloom and This Day Aria are neck and neck. I like the positive upbeat feel of Bloom, though I have to admit I think Aria is probably musically superior.

Edit to throw in another bit: When listening to the songs on Youtube I always prefer the original animation with them (discounting remixes). Anypony else?

I had to flip a flippin coin for this one, man.

This Day Aria and Smile were causing me agony in which to choose. XD

This Day was a marvel of a song, by the same frigging VA, who effortlessly swaps between the villain and her victim, with equal parts sadistic glee and sorrow in play. It was a grand tune that I've taken to learning my self, and would someday like to play on a violin.

Smile Smile Smile...

Pinkie Pie cements why she's best pony with that. And while her singing isn't the driving force behind it (all due respect to Shannon-Chan Kent, cause she was still on point), the message was clear and as dipped in sugar and happiness as it was, I couldn't resist smiling when I heard it. Heck, I still remember the day the ep came out. Smile had me and quite a few others smiling. Smile still kind of holds a position even, given that it's not as instanced as This Day.

And dat CHORUS.

*goosebumps*

"...from these happy friends of MIIIIIIIINE!"

Just...unf.

Smile won by a coin toss, but it also was already a winner in my heart.

• 4 weeks later...

BBBFF made me cry so I choose that one.

It really struck home for me, being the older brother of two, much younger brothers.

BBBFF made me cry so I choose that one.

It really struck home for me, being the older brother of two, much younger brothers.

Right before I watched the last two episodes with my sister, I told her, "I'm so glad you are my LSBFF". Then I defined it, and she thought for a moment, and said "I'm so glad you're my...BBBFF!" She instantly clicked to it, and 4 minutes later when there was a song about it she got super excited that I had lead her into that. Yeah, I cry every time too. It stands head and shoulders above the rest in my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, this was a hard choice for me. It was between This Day Aria, BBBFF, Smile Song and Becoming Popular. Then I got it down to the first three, then the first two, and went with This Day Aria. Because songs don't usually do much to me, but it gave me goosebumps at the two "Shining Armour" bits, Cadence's high notes were... Wow. Great song :)

This Day Aria seems to be the popular option, but I'm actually going to have to go with the Flim Flam Brother's Song!

I just think it had the best chorus like, ever.