Is Cadance from Itaily?

SilverThorn

This thread seems relevant to my interests. I'll have to thank Rosie for keeping me connected to the far reaches of Canterlot and make her some kind of CRPR board member. As obviously Italian as Cadance's full name is, I'm not sure the producers go that far when considering a few of the instances of foreign languages in the show. Rarity uses French with impunity, as Volt mentioned, but I honestly believe that's more to keep in line with her image as an attention-seeking fashionista with a love of high society.

Remember, it seems Cadance was more of a "let's do this as we go" pony, as there have already been a few minor controversies over her character. The Cadance/Cadence debate, her original concept not being an alicorn, etc. Obviously if Itaily becomes canon I would toss my vote in that she was either born there or her parents frequented the country.

Interesting to note:

French, Italian, and Spanish are what are known as Romance Languages (Interesting how Cadance with her love magic has a Romance Language name).

Now Romance Languages all are derived from Latin, as these countries were at one time occupied by the Roman Empire (hence the Roman in Romance).

Whenever I hear something like haute coture or Mi Amore Cadenza, I think that these are like Latin in our world. Those words are probably a throwback to possibly an ancient Equestrian language, just like Latin is here. Like Latin, this ancient language isn't spoked by everypony, but there are some words that are still present.

Interesting to note:

French, Italian, and Spanish are what are known as Romance Languages (Interesting how Cadance with her love magic has a Romance Language name).

Now Romance Languages all are derived from Latin, as these countries were at one time occupied by the Roman Empire (hence the Roman in Romance).

Whenever I hear something like haute coture or Mi Amore Cadenza, I think that these are like Latin in our world. Those words are probably a throwback to possibly an ancient Equestrian language, just like Latin is here. Like Latin, this ancient language isn't spoked by everypony, but there are some words that are still present.

AHA! Proof equetria is the distant future of earth! Out modern languages are considered "dead" languages! *nods*

lol ok that's kinda pushing it, but it's still amusing to think...

AHA! Proof equetria is the distant future of earth! Out modern languages are considered "dead" languages! *nods*

lol ok that's kinda pushing it, but it's still amusing to think...

Oh good lord dAsh only you :RDash: ...but thats why we love you ;-)

I feel \like it makes sense though. Not dAshtons theory but about Cadence being from Itaily, I mean why not? She's a princess which means she has to be a princess of SOMETHING.

Could be a distant Earth, but then again my throry could be just connecting to my inner Twilight Sparkle!