Wedding Song Opinions

elsporko

So apparently part of getting married is picking songs. The fiancee got the main wedding song because she cared what song we had, but I got the second song. I chose Thrasher by Neil Young. Then I got told I had to dance with my mother which made a whole new set of problems since I had to find a song that wouldn't be awkward to dance with my mother to. Obviously Love in an Elevator was out. I chose Blackbird by The Beatles based an the suggestion of a drunk friend. It seems good to me. My mother has shown reservation to this song.

What I want to know is how you all feel about my choice. I think Blackbird is a good song and not one that is too long or about love that would be weird to dance with a mom to. Can you think of a better song?

My fiancee picked Everything by Alanis Morrisette for our main song. I ended up going against my original idea of picking Can't Even Tell so we could have a Clerks themed reception

The weird thing is that my mom likes The Beatles so I thought she would be on board with Blackbird. My alternative plan was to find an Alice Cooper song since we both also like Alice Cooper but he has few appropriate wedding songs in his catalog and even fewer that are appropriate for a mother and son.

I also put forward the idea of Love is in Bloom and agree totally with Crescent up there. You had to see it coming that some would post that XD

But seriously, I don't really know any REALLY good dance songs... Cloud Cult has some nice slow and soothing music though. Love You All is one of my favorites

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6Nt58ismiQ

I think that Blackbird is a beautiful song, but not terribly romantic. The Beatles are my favorite, and I dont mean to diss any of their songs, but they have so many more songs about love and marriage out there to check out.

• Like 1

I keep a wedding playlist just in case I ever get married. Here it is so far ;-)

Awwwww shucks. There's a handsome colt out there just for you. You just sit tight. It'll happen, and probably in a place you don't expect. <3

In the meantime: Here are songs I wish I had at my wedding. The reception, or ceremony for that matter, wasn't glamorous. They are romantic songs because my mother wasn't invited to my wedding. Long story.

I keep a wedding playlist just in case I ever get married. Here it is so far ;-)

As a hopeless romantic allow me to say AAAWWWW :kissy:

I also put forward the idea of Love is in Bloom and agree totally with Crescent up there. You had to see it coming that some would post that XD

Love is in Bloom from the end of S2. You know you want to.

told you ;)