Help a Brony on Facebook get back their OC page

MyLittlePonyTales

Hey all. I am acquainted with the owner of this page on Facebook. Er, wait, not that owner. The REAL owner of the OC.

Someone has stolen their OC and art of their character, and refuses to take the page down. As you can see, several of her Brony friends have already gone to the page and informed the person that they have stolen the OC. Still, they refuse to take the page down.

So, if anyone knows anything that can be done, or even if you want to show your support and go 'hate' (inform them of copyright infringement) on the page, then do so. Please let them know that what they're doing is wrong, and they should feel bad and stuff.

The real owner of Sleepy Skies created their own page, which, due to them having more friends and not being a ripoff, now actually has more Likes... that mainly took about two, maybe three, days, if I remember rightly.

THE FAKER - Spam their page to try to get them to take it down.

THE MCCOY - Go Like this page, and love on her wall.

• Like 1

Fun fact: I used to play WoW with Sleepy Skies/OhTheChristina/CatWhitney. She's like a magnet for having her art/characters stolen!

Sounds like she needs to contact FB if anything, though I'm sure that's a tricky thing to do in itself.

*sigh* silly people, why do they do such things? seriously its like they dont think people will figure out they arent legit and then when they do get unveiled they turn into some whiney jerk. Sent them a message reaffirming that they'll probly get into some serious legal trouble for not taking down the page, and that I dont want that to happen. Seriously I hope that person can get over themselves and just get rid of it already, makes me sad to see someone so blinded by stubbornness.

This is the most moronic thing I have ever seen. Why would you even bother stealing someone's OC?

But really because they're technically using Hasbro's copywrited material, any kind of infringement really can just be limited to ripping off actual works of art and writing, alas. And really, Facebook's not going to do much about a page with such a low number of likes. They have bigger fish to fry.

OK! There are two ways to solve this...

1) (For normal people who liked that page) Whoever liked the page can report it as a duplicate page. (so 91 people can report that page as a duplicate)

2) (the original owner) The original artist can report it to Facebook as it is her OC and IS COPYRIGHTED if she put it anywhere that has Copyrighting policies (ie Deviant Art)

If anyone needs help doing either let me know and I'll post screenshots.

that's just friggin' sad, I mean make something yourself >.<

and then this reply made it even worse (spoilered for language)

Ugh, I truly don't give a naughtyword about all this verynaughtywords. I made this page and I'm not taking it down. I don't give a naughtynaughty what anyone says. You can do whatever you want, I'm not taking it down. So you can all somethingnotnice. I don't care who's OC it is.

makes me want to do things.

Edited by Manestream
Please remember to keep the board all ages- even when quoting off site. Parents and children browse this forum :)

Obvious troll is trolling in that quote, Machine.

Best to just like the real one and leave the other one to rot.

Or just report it to Facebook. He/she/it said it would never take it down, said nothing about Facebook taking it down.

File copyright infringment against the page. Use Creative Commons license or a similiar one to back it up.

If the person posted to DeviantArt they have a legitimate copyright claim, as that site copyrights everything under the uploader's name.