my house HAUNTED?

hyperbrony88

so latley im having problems i think my house is haunted :-| i latley been seeing figures and hearing thing's you might call me stupid or what ever but listen to what has happened.

1.it was a warm spring day i was all alone eating a sandwich and my two dog's were sleeping then i heard foot step's like boot's it came from the kitchen then each step got louder then it stopped (you know they say a touch from a ghost is cold) i felt a cold breeze come through me and it never happened agian

2.it was nightime i went to head off to sleep i looked in the hallway and i see a figure of a girl iwas really scared

3.alone (except for my dad) we were both in different room's then i heard a loud crash went to my dad's room he was still in there i went to the kitchen nothing fell :-o

4.see little white figures pass by it wasn't smoke if it was then how would it get inside my house???!!!

5.i been hearing voices that aren't mine i even heard my da's name "Don"

if my house is haunted im gtfo

tell me what you think if you have soties of your own leave them in the comment's

I'll say this straight up, I do not believe in ghosts or the like, and I believe that everything that happened can be explained either environmentally or psychologically.

For instance... #1... It could have been a loose pipe, or it could have been something else that was banging that gave the illusion of foot steps.

#2 Sightings can be many things, infrasound creating moving objects, and distorting your perception of reality. There are also psychological factors that often make you think something is there when it isn't. This becomes even worse if the notion to believe in ghosts is already there. Your mind will insert the image of a person.

#3 see #2... Just because no one is in the room and nothing *visibly* fell does not mean that something else could have caused a loud noise.

#4 see #2...

#5 see #2...

A lot of ghost myths have to do with things that are occurring naturally in the environment, whether it be electromagnetic fields, something generating infrasound, among other things. The rest is all psychological in how your brain chooses to interpret it. For instance... I, when I was younger, thought my room was haunted because I woke up and couldn't move. That scared the living hay out of me. 6 months later I learned of "sleep paralysis" and there went my ghost theory, because that made more sense. And yes, I did think I saw someone at the foot of my bed when it happened because I wanted to. In the end, I believe in the simplest explanations. Ghosts are anything but simple.

• Like 1

I'll say this straight up, I do not believe in ghosts or the like, and I believe that everything that happened can be explained either environmentally or psychologically.

For instance... #1... It could have been a loose pipe, or it could have been something else that was banging that gave the illusion of foot steps.

#2 Sightings can be many things, infrasound creating moving objects, and distorting your perception of reality. There are also psychological factors that often make you think something is there when it isn't. This becomes even worse if the notion to believe in ghosts is already there. Your mind will insert the image of a person.

#3 see #2... Just because no one is in the room and nothing *visibly* fell does not mean that something else could have caused a loud noise.

#4 see #2...

#5 see #2...

A lot of ghost myths have to do with things that are occurring naturally in the environment, whether it be electromagnetic fields, something generating infrasound, among other things. The rest is all psychological in how your brain chooses to interpret it. For instance... I, when I was younger, thought my room was haunted because I woke up and couldn't move. That scared the living hay out of me. 6 months later I learned of "sleep paralysis" and there went my ghost theory, because that made more sense. And yes, I did think I saw someone at the foot of my bed when it happened because I wanted to. In the end, I believe in the simplest explanations. Ghosts are anything but simple.

I've had hypnopompic hallucinations before, Swirly! They're a scary experience!

You mentioned it was a warm spring day, but there was a chilly draft inside. My theory is the variance in temperature was causing your home to produce the sounds you were describing. (Heated materials tend to expand, then shrink and produce sounds when exposed to cold.)

As Swirly said, it's all in your head and in your perceptions. If you think your house is haunted, your mind will play tricks on you so it will become a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Swirly said almost everything I wanted to except for...

I've had hallucinations before, and they seem incredibly real sometimes. If you research ghosts and the such, you will only make yourself more paranoid, and more prnoe to hallucinations. Most everything you mentioned could probably be linked back to something else. If you become concerned about things you see, you may want to talk to a doctor. If you are concerned about your house, you may want to talk to a house inspector for any pipes loose or the like. Good luck with this one!

I'm a ghost hunter, but a skeptical one.

I'd check the house first. Any noises could be related to it setling, loose pipes, squeaky floorboards, etc. The older the house, the more prone to these things.

Drafts can produce strange sounds like voices. Even drafts through vents can cause this.

High EMFs (electromagnetic frequencies) can produce hallucinations.

So check these things, then if there are still things you can't explain, seek a paranormal team.

IF YOU DONT BELIEVE IN GHOSTS OR THINK THE EXPLANATIONS AND THEORIES BEHIND THEM ARE BOGUS THEN DO NOT READ.

Am I the only other person on here that thinks ghosts are a real thing? Sheesh its like my first day wearing a brony shirt in public all over again. Now Im not saying IT HAS TO BE GHOSTS thats not it at all. It could very well be any of the things starswirl has mentioned, but IF it is ghosts (which I believe it could be cant be 100% of course) allow me to provide a less skeptical point of view.

IF it is ghosts then that is a pretty active haunting going on. Seeing fully formed figures loud noises that materialize from nowhere require a LOT of spiritual energy which makes me curious how many children live in the house. Children are exploding with unbridled emotion and energy, when this is projected onto the environment it allows for entities to absorb it and create larger disturbances and manifest more physically.

Anyway to my diagnosis. IF it is ghosts, which I cant know unless Im there, then it sounds like a very unique haunting. You have elements of a residual haunting (footsteps cold breezes, imprints/images of a person just standing there.)

And then you have evidence of an active haunting loud bangs and voices that discuss present events, mist manifestations.

However from what you're saying it doesnt sound like you have anything to fear. Nothing malevolent has happened and these sort of events are mostly related to a spirit that just wants you to know its there, it wants some attention you know? It sucks having nothing to do and no one to talk to. I recommend having a medium come to your house to help you learn more about the spirit, what its name is if there is more than one etc. and just openly acknowledge its presence from time to time, call its name in the morning, say hello. I know it sounds silly but from what you tell me that seems to be all it wants, just some attention :)

• Like 1

Oh I believe in ghosts, but I know that some things that people think are hauntings are just the house.

Out of curiosity Hyper, do you watch any ghost-hunting programs, read ghost stories, etc? If you do, you might want to lay off them for a while and give your mind a chance to rest. All the ghosties should go away, then!

Ok. why am I now getting an image of an anthro Pinkie Pie dressed in a Ghostbusters uniform?

And stay away from the Creepypasta and grimdark for a while, if thats your thing! Trust me, you'll believe in ghosts, demons, and every superstitious thing under the SUN after too much of that! And if you're not into it, don't get into it. :mad:

It is always at this point in discussions such as this that I point out that anyone who does believe in ghosts that Mr James Randi has $1 million challenge to anyone who can prove under scientific conditions the presence or quantifiable or qualitative proof of the existence of any supernatural presence or phenomenon.

And here is where I will openly admit it is not possible because under most theories this is outside the realms of science, but Im not going to argue that with a biologist, no offense. :Luna::Celest:

There are plenty of people whom disagree with you if you look at the list of applicants.

I'm not even arguing the point of possibility, just that the worlds foremost skeptic had created such a challenge and that there is in excess of one million dollars saying that supernatural phenomena does not exist, and all tests done to prove it have been unsuccessful in the past 40 or so years the challenge has been around.

dont you think thats a bit of a sampling bias when you take into account that there is a 1 million dollar cash prize? Im sure there are people that have applied that are still unsure about their own theory that are just throwing themselves at the slim to none chance they succeed.

dont you think thats a bit of a sampling bias when you take into account that there is a 1 million dollar cash prize? Im sure there are people that have applied that are still unsure about their own theory that are just throwing themselves at the slim to none chance they succeed.

Nope, not at all, due to the application procedure. In order to make it that far you need to pass preliminary requirements. Otherwise Mr Randi would be constantly swamped with every yahoo who thinks they can do it on an off chance.

Either way I dont believe science is the correct way to explain everything, it isnt perfect and I dont think we will ever be able to prove everything under the guide lines set by the scientific method. I think many things in life require a less pragmatic approach to explain them. Also its the question that matters anyway, what would the world be without mystery? There would certainly be a lot less scientists if there were no more questions to answer, so maybe its a good thing it cant be proved. :)

• Like 1

ofcourse, but on our own planet Science is the answer, I will agree with you however, that the universe holds countless unexplainable things, and I look forward to solving them.

and if you look at it with a different perspective, you'll realise, science is one of the greatest question/myth of all.

Science is ever evolving. What may be unexplainable today may be perfectly within the realm of possibility tomorrow. I believe that science will eventually be able to explain everything, the timeline is unknown though. Just remember... 500 years ago, people thought it was impossible to fly, space was an unreachable realm, people died for seemingly no reason, and certain diseases spelled certain death.

Also, with progress always brings more questions. It is not possible to know everything. So I don't think the advancement of science and the explanation of the current unknown will matter when the new set of unknowns takes root.

• Like 1

Oh, no doubts there. I often imagine what things will be possible with the inevitable progress of the things we understand, comprehend, and have the ability to explain and create. In fact from what you are saying one could derive that in the future it may be possible to gain unflappable evidence that spirits and ghosts exist :smug:

Oh, no doubts there. I often imagine what things will be possible with the inevitable progress of the things we understand, comprehend, and have the ability to explain and create. In fact from what you are saying one could derive that in the future it may be possible to gain unflappable evidence that spirits and ghosts exist :smug:

Yes, I am well aware, as that is part of what I meant. If it ever comes to pass that something supernatural is proven by science, I'll be more than willing to accept it as a verifiable theory of this world. This includes ghosts, telepathy, deities and astrology. However, as it stands, nothing in my life nor in the current state of science, ever suggested even the possibility that ghosts or apparitions could possibly exist. However I remain open to the possibility.

But for some reason, I feel that no matter how much science disproves these things, there will be people who will stand on their beliefs stating that science is wrong and that [insert supernatural thing here] exists and cannot be disproven because of x,y,and z.

well science cant be there to document everything that happens so I think there are a lot of occurrences that, if they had been scientifically studied and documented at the time they happened, would have provided some solid evidence, other things like telepathy sometimes just cant be proved because of their nature, but I wont go into that. I think that is why people will always believe though, because of trust in the people who claim to have these experiences and the things they themselves feel are real, personal experience and all that. Anyway Im done here. Thread I hereby return you to your proper track and rail. :P