Daring-Do Fan Convention

Oh, my good friends, worry not. I based this ever so slightly on the recent happenings at Everfree. If you know what happened there, then you'll know whats gonna happen here.:P

I'm not sure what to do now with Silver Flash ... do I write it as Pathfinder, Snowfall, and Radiant Chord just snubbing her and completely ignoring her?

That would make the autograph signing and QA periods later rather interesting...

Also not sure what to do about there suddenly being badges again ... we were just starting to react to there being a long line ... when suddenly there was no line, which was rather unexpected ... and we were just starting to react to there *not* being badges ... which was rather unexpected ... and now ... there are badges again ... which was rather unexpected. We're not exactly getting much of a chance to RP, here - we just have to keep responding to SteelEagle's erratic changes in the scene.

I'm not sure what to do now with Silver Flash ... do I write it as Pathfinder, Snowfall, and Radiant Chord just snubbing her and completely ignoring her?

That would make the autograph signing and QA periods later rather interesting...

Also not sure what to do about there suddenly being badges again ... we were just starting to react to there being a long line ... when suddenly there was no line, which was rather unexpected ... and we were just starting to react to there *not* being badges ... which was rather unexpected ... and now ... there are badges again ... which was rather unexpected. We're not exactly getting much of a chance to RP, here - we just have to keep responding to SteelEagle's eratic changes in the scene.

I have to agree with Bramble, that's a pretty lousy thing to do for the first part. :/ Honestly, I am a bit peeved off and that takes real effort.

The second part is annoying also, allow me to explain: When the sign was put up, it created a challenge for those RPer with characters in line to attempt to overcome, which gives them something to RP about. Then suddenly the same player who had the sign put up suddenly has one of their other characters pull it down in the next post of theirs creating an "insta-fix" so to play the hero, well, that kills the challenge and partially derails the RP, because suddenly those who could have a sub-plot of trying to overcome the problem presented before them suddenly have that story opportunity pulled out from under them. Crescent, Dash, Carrot, and Snips (and whomever else) could have tired to conspire to sneak in, which offers a challenge and potential hilarity, now it's like "status quo, nothing wrong here", kinda killing the fun. :/

Sorry. To be honest I didn't notice the part of your post where Silver Flash actually approaches and greets them. Not really sure how that happened since I did read the post and distinctly remember being amused by it. I think I just skimmed over the "good morning" line somehow and assumed the rest of the dialog was just observational comments to herself.

I've edited my post to include Snowfall replying to Silver before going to catch up with Pathfinder, since it's definitely not like her to ignore somepony who approaches her like that. :)

Still working on my internet. When back will say how the problem of badges for your characters aren't solved at all and the intervention puts y'all into an even bigger whole. Pathfinder has made the problem worse, not solved it.

Okay, now I have net. About the concerns:

"The Problem Is Solved!"- No, it is not. Pathfinder doesn't know what she is doing and will be destroying the only viable legal means with which to enter the con, in reversal of what happened at Everfree where starting Saturday new badges are being opened up. Here, it would be like opening up badges, only to have them deformed and not allowable because the person or program making them really, really sucked.

"Our Planning Is Tossed Aside"- No, it will be made even more relevant when there is no possibility of Pathfinder(who is notorious for breaking the rules) and the con(who now literally have no way to help y'all even if they wanted to) helping out.

Because we will have ponies now both:

1- Breaking in.

2- Overfilling the center.

That allows for Madden to have more ammunition to file a biased report against the Dairies.

And Bramble, I apologize. I did not see that Silver Flash had greeted Pathfinder. One of my top priorities once the badge stuff is dealt with and since the con will be overfilled and even more chaotic and thus Pathfinder's search for Snowfall shant be easy, is have Pathfinder see Silver Flash and examine her religiously.

Brian, I hate the 'solve all the problems' hero types as well. That's why Pathfinder, despite having the attitude and will to be that type, makes everything ten times worse because of her ignorance.

So have some faith, y'all. I'm going to give you what you want and make everypony's day a little more soul crushing with every excited Pathfinder post!:D

Thank you, ThatWhichIs. that helps me a lot in being able to do something next.

already sent SteelEagle a pm with a bit more detail, but for the record, here, as good advice for everyone:

If you have an idea that you want to establish for the RP, and you need us to play along with it ... TELL US IN OOC CHAT. Do not interrupt our RP, do not hurry past things to try to force us into playing along. Do not do it all yourself, do not take center stage, do not force yourself into the spotlight in order to get it to happen the way you want. Just talk with us OOC and see how we would like it to happen, then let us help make it happen.

• 2 months later...

*Dusts off the topic* Who is still on this or wants to be in this? We have a small, core group but it may be hard to RP with others and explore the breadth and hilarity of the convention.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Due to recent events which occurred to me on the forums, I am withdrawing myself from all active threads I am currently participating in.

Sorry I cannot keep you company. Perhaps will be back some other day.

After getting a well deserved, harsh treatment connected with a bucket of cold water, I've decided to act against my will and stay. I shouldn't let egoism take the upper hand >:/

Due to recent events which occurred to me on the forums, I am withdrawing myself from all active threads I am currently participating in.

Sorry I cannot keep you company. Perhaps will be back some other day.

We are here, peeps and staff, to listen to any concerns you may have. Please let us know, otherwise we cannot fix anything that may be wrong.