Why Do You Like MLP?

DoctorWhooves

Some like it because they grew up with it, some people like it because it makes them happy, because they think it's "hipster", because they're bored, because they can relate to the characters, etc...

Personally, I like it because for one thing, the writing and art is fantastic. Most cartoons I've seen nowadays look like the artists didn't care at all what their show turned out looking like. I'm tired of seeing what looks like half-hearted art in cartoons! MLP has lovely, fresh and vibrant art that I appreciate especially since I want to be an animator myself.

It also makes me extremely happy and brightens my day when something is wrong. It rarely ever fails to make me smile. That and I can greatly relate to Applejack and Fluttershy, which is why they're my two favorite ponies.

I like the look and feel of the show. The writing is good too. While I wouldn't watch it if it wasn't "pretty", I also wouldn't watch if it wasn't a quality show.

But the primary reason is that it is a bright place in a world ever more obsessed with darkness.

Sometimes it is bittersweet because the show makes me happy, but I wish I had something like what the mane six have.

• Like 1

I like the look and feel of the show. The writing is good too. While I wouldn't watch it if it wasn't "pretty", I also wouldn't watch if it wasn't a quality show.

But the primary reason is that it is a bright place in a world ever more obsessed with darkness.

Sometimes it is bittersweet because the show makes me happy, but I wish I had something like what the mane six have.

I feel ya. I've got some good friends, but...I don't know. Doesn't feel quite as strong, I guess.

Many different reasons.

1. I actually grew up with the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd generations of the series. I thought this show would be awful, considering most of the remakes I've seen today are just bad. But I was surprised at how good it was.

2. Unlike the past generations, it's not all cotton candy and rainbows in the show.

3. I can relate to almost all of the characters in one way or another.

4. The songs are beautiful and incredibly catchy. I still can't get Smile Smile Smile out of my head.

5. No matter how old you are, you can always laugh at the jokes.

6. Each episode gives me many different feelings while watching it. I can feel happy, sad, angry, excited, or get a cuteness overload!

I have many other reasons, but I just listed my main ones.

i liked it because. well when i was growing up i loved cartoons. the Powerpuff Girls, Fosters. they became who i am today. when Friendship is Magic appeared and when i learned who created the show, i feel i loved the show. Lauren Faust is one of my favorite animators and artists ever. she was in a extremely small way, apart of my life.

Okay let me list this sucker:

1. The Animation - while not exactly on par with 1933's "The Mad Doctor" it's paced almost perfectly. The movements are all smooth and imaginative, and at time it's obviouse the animators have worked over time in order to complete the project. It really shows when placed next to a shoddy show, like Johnny Test.
  2. The Art - while part of the animation, I feel this is something to point out on it's own. For the lack of a better term, the art is gorgeous. The characters have extremely expressive designs and the backgrounds are both simple yet very complex if you take the time to appreciate it. It's also one of the few shows to take advantage of the merchandise driven genre, in that many buildings just scream toyline, but I don't care because they look so good.
  3. The Characters - Each character is... a character! They all have different traits that make them so much fun to watch interact. Even more, they expand greatly out of their architypes. Rarity, that character I thought would be that annoying punk that never shuts up about fashion, wound up being my favorite character for crying out loud. Just when you think you know one character, they suddenly do something different. Pinkie Pie might be overly playful, but she always has a different reaction to every situation. Even further, they are flawed, not the BS Hollywood flaws like bad grades that have no effect on the plot, but rather ones that are always present and at times even conflict with their strongest virtue. These are like Rarity's greed vs he generosity. While lower browed individuals may see it as a plot hole and out of character, I see it a human. I can relate to a human, not the Hollywood Hero Bot model 3.45.
  4. The Setting - Equestria is a good example of how to do a fantasy world right. It's rather easy, but many have failed to do it. How do you do it you may ask? Well quite simply... YOU DO NOT JUST GIVE MIDDLE EARTH A PAINT JOB AND YOU TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE FANTASY ELEMENT AND MAKE YOUR OWN WORLD. Equestria always has something new and unique to it. Sure it takes pre-established ideas, like Cerberus, but it also has the decency to use them in original ways. Not only that, but sometimes it's obvious the writers did a little research before hand, did you know Ahuizotl is an actual mythical creature? That's dedication.
  5. The Writing - This show is actually the only show I can name where I could go on a longer rant to critique every single episode. There has yet to be a single episode that left me in a true state of meh, and even Over a Barrel and Mare Do Well, two episodes I absolutely hate, leave an impression. In my book, it's better to be so bad I hate it, than so okay it's forgettable. This is all achieved through it's clever writer and characters so rich in personality they basically write themselves. This is something the writers of Johnny Test could learn.
  6. The Music - I'd be lying to say it's better than the Super Mario Bros. 2 theme, but it's good enough to be on my ipod. They are all catchy and unique in there own way, such as the Flim Flam Brother's 1960 Musical-esque crowd song. When ever they start singing, I get excited, especially weird considering I hate unnessary music numbers outside musicals.
  7. The Nature - I'm just going to let this out, please don't get angry this is one person's opinion (and I'm the minority on this), and I do not expect you to agree. I feel way too many Japanese writers have forgotten how to write a decent story and have become overly reliant on low brow ways to cover up their weakness. I'd watch some anime and nothing really happens from beginning to end except it moving from one bland character's panty shot to the next. It leaves me bored and bitter about the world of writing. I know there are some animes that defies what I've described and Hollywood isn't much better, but it's just so prevalent that whenever I hear about the new overly popular anime, I preemptively expect a bland show with bland characters and a lot of content marketed at people so insecure about their own masculinity they need a fix of self insertion into the main character constantly covered in the panties of large breasted, blond haired, blue eyed, tall 14 year old japanese girls. (While I'm at it why can't these same japanese animators draw japanese people). When I get like this, anything that breaks the norm and has, dare I say it, interesting characters that do something other than show off their panties immediately come across me as fresh and unique. It's not's so much innocence as much as it is bloody maturity. I don't need a show holding my hand and telling me I'm a man, I'm mature enough to not give a flying feather.
  8. The Community- I can say I absolutely adore the community. Videos, music, games, art and even physical objects themselves. That is dedication there. Whenever I boot up the internet, sites like Equestria Daily and Ponnibooru are some of the first sites I visit. The comics I especially like.

• Like 1

My friends suggested that I watch it, and I thought that it was a cool nerdy community I could become a part of. However, after I watched it, I fell in love with so many parts of the show.

The characters are just amazing. Even characters who normally don't have any lines have their own personalities, their own loves, their own dreams. Every pony who appears in the show has a name I can learn. It's also better written that most shows on TV these days. I could go on (and on, and on, and on...) but let me just say that I just love each and every peice of the show.

The characters, I feel, have way more depth than most shows you see nowadays. The art style is something I can really appreciate because I like it's vibrant and colorful mood that it gives. The storyline of the show is also very amazing, because it's well thought out and well-written. Like MisterChippy, I could go on for a couple paragraphs. But I think I can just say My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic is an all around great show, and everypony can appreciate it.

I honestly never thought of specific reasons for liking a show. I dunno if it's just me, but this show is one of the first that people seem to need to find reasons to like. Anything else, (ex. Avengers, the Harry Potter series) you could easily just walk up to your friends and say "that was an awesome show," and they would smile and nod. And that's exactly how it works for me. I like the show because it was appealing to me, and never really needed another reason.

I love the show for so many, many different reasons, but mainly because it's just an amazing show. I know that I've already said this, but I feel that it deserves to be said again.

Also, if you thought that pun was bad, listen to this real life story.

Remember how in heart gold or soul silver you could get pikachus with fly by using the pokewalker? After a long amount of time I finally got my hands on one, but couldn't think up a good nickname for it. Then inspiration struck, and I named it Pamphlet. Because it's a flyer. Get it?

(One of my friends literally cringed when he heard this)

I love the show simply because when I watch it I feel happy, the whole fandom just makes me happy! The art, the community, the characters, everything about this show makes a part of me feel warm and happy and takes me back to being a little kid eagerly awaiting Saturday morning to see my favorite cartoons. It is also nice being part of a community I can activly take part in! I'm a NerdFighter as well but sometimes think I'm not awesome or Smart enough to be one, I'v always felt like I could be a Brony <3

It's cute, it's funny, the characters are colorful and lovable, and it's a break from the more depressing aspects of IRL.

Well my answer is fairly simple. It makes me feel extremely giddy when I watch it or sometimes very sad. It also preaches love and tolerance which is a fantastic lesson for any viewers.

Many different reasons.

1. I actually grew up with the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd generations of the series. I thought this show would be awful, considering most of the remakes I've seen today are just bad. But I was surprised at how good it was.

2. Unlike the past generations, it's not all cotton candy and rainbows in the show.

3. I can relate to almost all of the characters in one way or another.

4. The songs are beautiful and incredibly catchy. I still can't get Smile Smile Smile out of my head.

5. No matter how old you are, you can always laugh at the jokes.

6. Each episode gives me many different feelings while watching it. I can feel happy, sad, angry, excited, or get a cuteness overload!

I have many other reasons, but I just listed my main ones.

im listening to deadmau5 maths and looking at your icon.... SHE DANCES TO THE BEAT! :D