Brony Pet Peeves?

QuickLime

As one of Celestia's Faithful, I must say that I appreciate her representation as white instead of pink. :Celest:

Technically she is a *very* (and by that I mean extremely) light, nearly indiscernible shade of pink.

A lot of the "Bible Belt" sees anyone who's not "White" as "Black" and by "Black" they mean -theNword- so... you apparently lived in a more up-scale and logical area. Just like here people will get downright offended if you say "Well the 'Parting of the Red Sea' *could* have been talking about the 'Reed sea' where the Israelites were able to cross but the chariots gut bogged down in the mud and reeds" oh buck no, it *WAS* the Red Sea to these people and anyone saying even *might* is Blasphemous and a bad influence. Look up "Southern Baptist" and you'll probably see what I mean...

I wouldn't call Lubbock upscale or logical. I have many other words for Texas, but I'm trying to say less mean things about that state. I did enjoy my time there. But there was certain amount of culture shock involved.

My dad was originally southern Baptist, my mom was for a few years, and when I lived in Houston, I went to a Baptist church until I got tired of driving an hour each way just to go to church with a friend. My pretty limited experience with them had some high points and low points, but none of them revolved around race. I used to wear T-shirts and torn jeans, for instance, so that people would scoff and look down on me, and maybe do less of that to the new people. The unexpected benefit of this was that it made it MUCH easier to find Christians in the church that I wanted to be friends with.

Technically she is a *very* (and by that I mean extremely) light, nearly indiscernible shade of pink.

Are you sure?

I can't tell, though she absolutely has a pinkish outline that is throwing me off.

I wouldn't call Lubbock upscale or logical. I have many other words for Texas, but I'm trying to say less mean things about that state. I did enjoy my time there. But there was certain amount of culture shock involved.

My dad was originally southern Baptist, my mom was for a few years, and when I lived in Houston, I went to a Baptist church until I got tired of driving an hour each way just to go to church with a friend. My pretty limited experience with them had some high points and low points, but none of them revolved around race. I used to wear T-shirts and torn jeans, for instance, so that people would scoff and look down on me, and maybe do less of that to the new people. The unexpected benefit of this was that it made it MUCH easier to find Christians in the church that I wanted to be friends with.

Are you sure?

I can't tell, though she absolutely has a pinkish outline that is throwing me off.

Yes, according to a screen shot, and Photoshop she is R: 232 G: 232 B:235-237 I actually expected B to be lower, since that is what makes pink. And G to be higher. (Red and Blue colors make pink if I remember correctly in RGB, but it could be due to the nature of her coat color being extremely light) There is actually no pure white on Celestia. She is entirely off white with a tint to pink, including her eyes. (I never noticed that before) It could be due to the outline though.

Pure white is 255 RGB all three. Not one of the three parameters matches pure white. Rarity's coat comparatively whiter is 236, 237, 239.

Mind you the higher the numbers are the closer to pure white. Rarity's eye's white patch thing is actually the closest to absolute pure white at 253 for RGB.

Huh, that's pretty cool to know. You know, if done right, this could start up some massive fanwar. Which is one of my biggest pony peeves. RULE OF THUMB ON ROLEPLAYING FORUMS: Never start an edition war with Dungeons and Dragons.

Yeah! Cause Chainmail was best D&D!

:smug:

Yes, according to a screen shot, and Photoshop she is R: 232 G: 232 B:235-237 I actually expected B to be lower, since that is what makes pink. And G to be higher. (Red and Blue colors make pink if I remember correctly in RGB, but it could be due to the nature of her coat color being extremely light) There is actually no pure white on Celestia. She is entirely off white with a tint to pink, including her eyes. (I never noticed that before) It could be due to the outline though.

Ok, that just sounds like an extremely light shade of grey. Is it just the outline that gives a pinkish impression? I'm glad her eyes are lined, or they would have had to do something funky to stop them from blending in.

Ok, that just sounds like an extremely light shade of grey. Is it just the outline that gives a pinkish impression? I'm glad her eyes are lined, or they would have had to do something funky to stop them from blending in.

Its probably an optical illusion, but she is certainly not white with a higher degree of red and green. Why those two? No idea. The higher amount of red, with the pink outline may give a stronger inclination to be perceived as pink without actually being.

Yeah! Cause Chainmail was best D&D!

:smug:

Nuh uh! :blah: 8th edition is by far the best!!! Everyone loves the instawin kill spells at level one!

Ok, lets just keep it at ponies. I am starting to get a bad feeling about D&D edition wars.

SOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...... Ponies

There are a lot of factors that toy with colors, especially in graphics and screen shots of a cartoon, so I'm not really sure how one would resolve to find the Princess' absolute color.

*puts on her traveling cloak* I must go and find out.

Edit: Okie dokie lokie, back! And I have answers! Swirly is indeedie right, but Princess Celestia is more toward a pearly glaze of pink than actual pink. This source is quite reputable, and contains some interesting info on the coloring of white ponies.

Total crack theory here, but Jesus, being the son of God, could alter his skin color to be whatever he wished? Not that he would have done that, but his appearance is up to the imagination of the artist doing the work.

Total crack theory here, but Jesus, being the son of God, could alter his skin color to be whatever he wished? Not that he would have done that, but his appearance is up to the imagination of the artist doing the work.

Lets take that crack theory a step further-

Jesus, being the son of a God, had ALL skin colors, and the person seeing him would always perceive him as their skin color all the way from alabaster to ebony.

I'm so confused! I just don't know what went wrong. The Fausticorn is a separate divine entity from the Brony Queen!

Does that work?

Indeed it does!

And when you think about it... We have the three greatest figures of Bronydom working on a documentary about Bronies! Fausticorn, the Brony Queen, and the lord of Chaos! Man... That will be one heck of a documentary!

Indeed it does!

And when you think about it... We have the three greatest figures of Bronydom working on a documentary about Bronies! Fausticorn, the Brony Queen, and the lord of Chaos! Man... That will be one heck of a documentary!

Oh yeah, did you see how much that got funded for? Something like 330k. :-o

It's going to be a great watch -- I hope its scope goes a bit beyond Bronycon itself, but the culture and community FiM has created.

• Like 1