OC Character Shipping

Hello!

Simple question, but nonetheless interesting.

Are you open to your characters shipping with other characters, or do you prefer to leave romance out of your RP?

Well, someone tried to (literally) court one of my OCs before. He jumped into almost all the RPs that my mare OC was in. And like IRL, you need to impress her. She's got standards! In the end, he failed. About character shipping. I'm okay with it, but like I said. There needs to be a courting period, and if I think your OC deserves the love and affection of mine, then its fine with me.

With that said, here's a list of some of my OCs that can prolly do a shipping RP:

1. Insight - A young unicorn stallion "egghead" Magic Researcher (Canterlot)

2. Argenta - A middle aged earth pony mare VSS Patrolmare and Military Career Pony (Stalliongrad)

3. Penny - A young pegasus business mare (Manehattan)

Take your pick. :D

Well, someone tried to (literally) court one of my OCs before. He jumped into almost all the RPs that my mare OC was in. And like IRL, you need to impress her. She's got standards! In the end, he failed. About character shipping. I'm okay with it, but like I said. There needs to be a courting period, and if I think your OC deserves the love and affection of mine, then its fine with me.

With that said, here's a list of some of my OCs that can prolly do a shipping RP:

1. Insight - A young unicorn stallion "egghead" Magic Researcher (Canterlot)

2. Argenta - A middle aged earth pony mare VSS Patrolmare and Military Career Pony (Stalliongrad)

3. Penny - A young pegasus business mare (Manehattan)

Take your pick. :D

Interesting idea with the courting thing.

Personally, shipping is ok for me so long as it's not for shipping sake.

Guiding Light, my unicorn colt, is looking for a special somepony for example (although he's unsure who that might be and may just end in a school crush).

My other OCs are also able for shipping to some degree.

As others have said, shipping for the sake of shipping is strange. However, some of my characters, like Muggo' Ale and Timbre Swing, are both looking for companions but for different reasons...Muggo' wants to keep his family business going and he's getting old, while Timbre Swing just has swag (or so he thinks).

If it so happens that my character meets another during an RP that I think my character would want to try and court (and I actually do look at my character's personality, what's going on at the time, etc), or it just so happens that both try flirting/shipping, then so be it. I personally don't actively go for all shipping all the time xD

For me, shipping is fine as long as it's obviously addressed in the show itself. As OCs aren't in the show in the first place, then I don't mind it at all. I even find it enjoyable, on occasion.

I'm totally up for it for some of my ponies. I think I've submitted like four separate ponies to Halide's Matchmaker thread, for instance, which so far has lead to a relationship between my Snowfall and SteelEagle's Pathfinder which has either appeared or been mentioned in several topics so far.

So yeah, shipping in the RP is cool if I feel it is right for the character. :)

I'm less sure about shipping my cast characters. I find it deviates too much from canon, especially with very significant characters like Rarity. For her, I think I'd leave it at ship teases. With a background pony like Cloudchaser on the other hand, I'd consider it.

As others have said, shipping for the sake of shipping is strange. However, some of my characters, like Muggo' Ale and Timbre Swing, are both looking for companions but for different reasons...Muggo' wants to keep his family business going and he's getting old, while Timbre Swing just has swag (or so he thinks).

Lol my mare OC has the hots for Timbre Swing if you haven't noticed. :D

If it makes sense to the story and characters, ship away, I say! Not all shipping has to be romance-bound, either.

There's something magical between best friends that share a deeper connection than just friends, but not in the realm of anything romantic.

Am I making sense here?

Maybe? No? *gauges how long it will take her to make it to the thread exit*

Makes sense, Rose. I don't force shipping with other characters. Well, except maybe Guilding Light. Poor socially awkward lovesick colt.

And sevofthesands, that was scary.

LOL sev xD

I really dont mind about shipping personally, though I rarely think about making an OC fall in love or anything in that direction, most of mine are, how you say, unable too love? kind of like how I used to be, hehe

and sturmmann you almost tempted me in posting a .mov video, almost ^^

All of my characters, except for Light, are of the status that if a romance happens, then that's fine, but if not then it's ok.

Light's in his schoolyard crush phase, not understanding what true love is and not really knowing what being somepony's special somepony really means. He just thinks, "Other ponies have special someponies, so why don't I?" This leads to hillarity and blundering.

• 3 weeks later...

DID SOMEBODY SAY SHIPPING? im in to whatever ur doing if you ARE planning something cuz i mean if you are i'd LOVE to join and blabla...

(translation:)

hello there good chap, i would love to join your shipping idea that you have here may i please join with my crossovers character shade? He's stilll a pretty basic pony, just psychic

thank you!

-Mist