Ponies VS Horses

sarcatsic

Look what's out to compete against My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. Laughable, no? I'll laugh even harder if a tv show comes out.

http://www.playmatestoys.com/details-struts.shtml

http://andragy.wordpress.com/2011/03/16 ... kids-toys/

By the looks of it, Rarity's got some SERIOUS... work on her hooves.

strutswtf.png

http://i962.photobucket.com/albums/ae10 ... utswtf.png

Wooooww . . . I believe this will end all complaints that the G2 line of MLPs are "anorexic." Those things are absolutely appalling. How is that horse wearing high heels?? HOW? Also, I wasn't aware MLP was only for ages 0-5. I was playing with my ponies until I was 12. Also, Also, If I had a child that asked me to buy one of those, I would slap them. Then, I would buy one, not let them touch it, set it on fire and force them to watch it burn.

I worry now what Hasbro might do their ponies in order to compete.

Wooooww . . . I believe this will end all complaints that the G2 line of MLPs are "anorexic." Those things are absolutely appalling. How is that horse wearing high heels?? HOW? Also, I wasn't aware MLP was only for ages 0-5. I was playing with my ponies until I was 12. Also, Also, If I had a child that asked me to buy one of those, I would slap them. Then, I would buy one, not let them touch it, set it on fire and force them to watch it burn.

I worry now what Hasbro might do their ponies in order to compete.

Why would they need to compete against THOSE?

Why would they need to compete against THOSE?

I don't know! Probably for the same unfathomable reason Barbie had to compete with Bratz.

God help me to never have a child so retarded they want hooker toys.

Barbie is different. The thing is, I think that Barbie wants to be the doll monopoly on the marketâ€â€Âhence, they cannot have competition. Hasbro sells a bunch of different toys from a bunch of different shows in order to even out their market and spread to a variety of children (and adults). That also means they don't focus their toy efforts to one specific show.

Barbie is Barbie, all Barbie makes is Barbie and Barbie accessories.

Barbie is made by Mattel. Mattel makes a wide range of toys in the same manner Hasbro does. Toy companies do not react well to competition. So much so that Mattel tried to change Barbie's image in order to compete. When that didn't work, they tried to sue MGA in order to steal the rights to the Bratz dolls.

If those godawful whore-horses gain the same sort of popularity that Bratz did, I could see Hasbro taking the same sort of action.

• 3 months later...

They are not horses... if they are what those people call horses then the people the created them do not know what a horse looks like. A three year old could draw a better horse then what those look like.

I thought they were dogs when the picture of Rarity and whatever-the-hell-that-is was loading.

:green:

Anyway...

I found this screenshot I took rather funny...

1zlu8sp.png

I suppose it could be taken s a complement to MLP's popularity. Imitation and flattery etc.

Maybe it'll take off but there is something awkward about them. Sexy adolescent girl dolls is one thing, like it or not there are girl that dress that way. But horses. Imagine if there were horse, that looked like that dressed in those clothes. You'd be weirded out and uncomfortable.

That's how these dolls make me feel.

I suppose it could be taken s a complement to MLP's popularity. Imitation and flattery etc.

Maybe it'll take off but there is something awkward about them. Sexy adolescent girl dolls is one thing, like it or not there are girl that dress that way. But horses. Imagine if there were horse, that looked like that dressed in those clothes. You'd be weirded out and uncomfortable.

That's how these dolls make me feel.

Is Uncanny Valley the word that you're looking for?

What especially bothers me more than anything is, well, those high-heels on their feet. No, I refuse to call them hooves. It creeps me the heck out, and it makes me think about foot binding whenever I look at them.

Let's just say that I once came across a vid of Youtube about it. With pictures and everything. With the shoes on and off. 'Tis not pretty. :green:

What the HAY am I looking at?! :eek:

Since when have hooker toys been available? And why are they on their hands and knees?... WAIT, don't answer that!... OH! I see, this "things" are horses?

But no, seriously, this is just... Wrong on so many levels. They look like anorexic short giraffes. IF these things actually become popular, I will eat my sombrero. Heck, I'll even film myself eating it and put it on youtube.

True... very true... But this is more like a back-handed compliment in my opinion.

I can't help but rofl at this whole thread. You're getting all PO'd at these toys. Sure, they don't look much like horses. Sure, they definitely send the wrong message. But are toy companies going to stop making these sorts of toys? No.

I will quote Bob Dylan as my answer to this:

"And if you hear vague traces of skippin’ reels of rhyme

To your tambourine in time, it’s just a ragged clown behind

I wouldn’t pay it any mind

It’s just a shadow you’re seein’ that he’s chasing"

- Mr.Tambourine Man

∑=-= eeeeeeewwwww...

even though the leg is bending the right way, it looks like it's bending backwards ._. I think it's missing a bunch of joints

I'd be really surprised if these last long. they're really scary. I know that I wouldn't have wanted one when I was a kid...