Sonic the Hedgehog General Thread

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

mlfw6234-rainbow_dash_the_hedgehog_animated_by_spikandfrends-d53q62x.gif

*cleans screen of spat-coffee*

Somepony on for finding alike characters between Sonic and Ponies?

so, Sonic = Rainbow Dash

Amy rose= Pinkie Pie . Because, he, I can picture Pinkie with a giant sledge hammer any day. But that could imply Pinkie-x-Dash, so dunno...

Tails = Color scheme could match with Applejack, there aren't mutant two tailed ponies, to put a pegasus here would be cheap, but... Scootaloo!

Knuckles = not so smart short fused, fuzzy moral... Trixie!

That should be it, but for someone looking after the new characters...

Rouge = Somepony valuing good looks and a certain 40's-esque 'Jenesequepas' Rarity!

Shadow = On a similar dim-dim level to knuckles... and moping... The lovechild of Roid Rage and S1 Luna. Or Gilda...

Big the cat= Snails. Need to argue that?

Dr. Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik = Rooten evil because rooten evil, chaos coordinator, obviously Discord, change chocolate rain for eggnog and presto.

Blaze the cat = S2 Luna (dunno, feels like it)

Tikal the Echidna= Magic spiritual, calm creature, Celestia in itself.

Omochao= Omnipresent, for some people, annoying, but well willed, Featherweight.

Cream Rabbit = Over the top polite, can fly, got a pet: Fluttershy (not as a pet, I mean Creams equivalent is Flutters)

Cheese the chao= Can't speak, is a pet: Angel Bunny.

That should be it, but for someone looking after the new characters...

For Silver, may I suggest Future Twilight? They both use telekinesis and come from the Future, afterall. :D

Forgot about Slipper Silver= Or future Twi, or Doctor Whooves :kissy:

Luckily there are enought Ponies to cover all the Sonic characters...

Vanilla Rabbit: Mrs Cupcake, seriously they're almost clones.

Smarty Pants: *drumroll* Tails Doll!

Twilight: Sally Acorn from Archie/SatAM (I'l expect the Brony thing could keep the "Different storilines" poopstorm from happen)

Snips: Chris thorndyke (The annoying boy character from Sonic X, parallelled by a similar character)

I let this thread go without my attention long enough. I tried Sonic 2006 on a weekend rental when we still had a 360. I didn't finish it, the first 3d speed running thing on the beach with he trees kept killing me because I wasn't used to it. I got tired of restarting the mission and returned it early. I gave it a chance but I just was dissatisfied with it.

I let this thread go without my attention long enough. I tried Sonic 2006 on a weekend rental when we still had a 360. I didn't finish it, the first 3d speed running thing on the beach with he trees kept killing me because I wasn't used to it. I got tired of restarting the mission and returned it early. I gave it a chance but I just was dissatisfied with it.

As someone who is able to get some amount of enjoyment out of 06, that is completely understandable. The speed portions had pretty bad controls and ended up being more of a twitch reflex/memory sort of gameplay which really just ended up being more annoying than anything. Heck, I think I had a similar reaction when I first played that stage, but since I'm stubborn (and got the game as a Christmas or birthday gift so returning it would have been more trouble than it was worth) I didn't have much of a choice. :/

I found this one too on teh intertubes

sonic-ponies.gif

Sonic as a Unicorn? Really? His skill is speed. Now, I would say Pegasus, because of how fast Dash is, but he's never been a flyer. That is Tails' thing. Being an Earth pony though, I'd say Earth ponies have the strongest legs of all three types of ponies. And in hand with that, Knuckles should be the same type of pony, since they are kind of competitive.

Sonic as a Unicorn? Really? His skill is speed. Now, I would say Pegasus, because of how fast Dash is, but he's never been a flyer. That is Tails' thing. Being an Earth pony though, I'd say Earth ponies have the strongest legs of all three types of ponies. And in hand with that, Knuckles should be the same type of pony, since they are kind of competitive.

Also, is that Amy... as a Pegasus? I guess you could make an argument for it based on her being acrobatic in SA1 but it still seems kinda stange, nice picture overall though.

• 1 month later...

It's official, SA 2 has been officially announced as being rereleased in HD along with NiGHTS! PC rerelease date isn't known yet.

Also finally got some extra cash and will be sticking around 40 dollars into my Steam Wallet to purchase Generations and Sonic CD!

It's official, SA 2 has been officially announced as being rereleased in HD along with NiGHTS! PC rerelease date isn't known yet.

Also finally got some extra cash and will be sticking around 40 dollars into my Steam Wallet to purchase Generations and Sonic CD!

Cool, I've only ever played SA 2 from borrowing it from a friend and I've never played NiGHTS. Also, how could you forget Jet Set Radio HD? :halo:

http://videogamewriters.com/nights-into-dreams-and-sonic-adventure-2-hd-versions-dated-54709

According to this, it's coming out Oct. 2. Same day as RE6. >.<

• 2 months later...

Sonic the Hedgehog is one of my all time favorite gaming franchises. I've played almost ever game since the Genesis days, and have thoroughly enjoyed most of them. I will admit, however, that I have not played some of the more recent titles, including Secret Rings and Black Knight due to the general decline in the quality of the franchise and games. Generations, however, has restored my faith in the franchise, and I am really looking forward to the two 2013 titles currently in development.

I am currently in the process of working on speedruns in Generations. I also plan on picking on Racing Transformed once it launches on the PC. <3

EDIT:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWm65sUJRMM

Alright, I decided to dig up a copy of Shadow the Hedgehog for the gamecube out of curriosity. I know it's defenitly one of the not-so-good sonic games, but being a full-time sonic appologist, I'm sure I can some enjoyability out of it. :razz:

Sonic Generations is one of the best Sonic games of ALL time. Not just for the story, but the songs that were put into the levels (mostly Classic).

Like City Escape (Classic Remix):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGMYIpiHH14

And Crisis City:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdgIcA3rhBE

And have you guys seen this guy called NicoCW? [Link: http://www.youtube.com/user/NicoCW ]

He makes the BEST Classic Remixes!

Archived