Does anypony know why the site has been going down repetedly over the past couple weeks? I have noticed it three times, two in the past 24 hours. Do we need to donate to get a new server? Is this scheduled maintenence I did not know about? Is this perfectly normal for Canterlot.com? In short, anypony know why this is happening, and how we can fix it?

In short, anypony know why this is happening, and how we can fix it?

Not trying to undermine any staff, if this needs to be deleted please do so and I wont re-post it.

I asked in the IRC chat in regard to previous downtimes and got the following answers (from staff):

Too many members (need a bigger server) - this seems to be the most common issue

at least once was a DDOS attack

Dont know if those are correct or just "assumptions" since neither came from the two admins, but throught I'd share

Not trying to undermine any staff, if this needs to be deleted please do so and I wont re-post it.

I asked in the IRC chat in regard to previous downtimes and got the following answers (from staff):

Too many members (need a bigger server) - this seems to be the most common issue

at least once was a DDOS attack

Dont know if those are correct or just "assumptions" since neither came from the two admins, but throught I'd share

If it hasn't come directly from admin or isn't word passed down from admin... it's speculation.

For the record, most of the time the site goes down is because we're being attacked. (we're not the only MLP site that gets targeted).

We don't like to advertise the fact or state it publicly as it just confirms a victory to those that are performing it.

If it hasn't come directly from admin or isn't word passed down from admin... it's speculation.

For the record, most of the time the site goes down is because we're being attacked. (we're not the only MLP site that gets targeted).

We don't like to advertise the fact or state it publicly as it just confirms a victory to those that are performing it.

I agree, that is a good way of dealing with it.