Quick Kisses (speed dating RP) [See first post to join]

((OOC: We're still waiting for MarchingHammers and a23223. I'll message them in the morning.))

"Heidiara, is it?" Kiss said, trotting over to the griffin that had just entered. "Welcome, welcome! I'm Quick Kisses. Please don't apologize, you're not late yet. Sit down, enjoy the company while we're waiting! Thank you for coming!"

((OOC: We're still waiting for MarchingHammers and a23223. I'll message them in the morning.))

"Heidiara, is it?" Kiss said, trotting over to the griffin that had just entered. "Welcome, welcome! I'm Quick Kisses. Please don't apologize, you're not late yet. Sit down, enjoy the company while we're waiting! Thank you for coming!"

(ooc: I would suggest, just pming them tonight. But your the boss Twinks)

(ooc: reverse psychology is best psychology)

'oh well, it was bound to happen sooner or later' Nien thought. "No need to panic sweetheart, I won't hurt anyone. Just like you, I'm here for tonight's festivities" Nien said in a reassuring tone.

Heidi grinned and took in a shuddery breath, gazing at her comrades. She swallowed, feeling more comfortable in this environment. She was never late, to anything!

"Thank you." She whispered, to nobody in particular.

She tried to calm her anxiety by closing her eyes and counting to ten, but it hardly did anything. She never got out, and she was the only griffin around.

For a mare that was typically the one beng in the shadows, unseen and unheard. Stagefright sensed an odd amount of tension from this whole group. For the first time in awhile, she actually felt comfortable in her own skin. Which is saying alot, being that now of all times she'd be the one who wasn't hyperventilating or bursting through doorways with nigh unstoppable force. She actually found the griffon to be a rather funny creature, and she gave a small chuckle whenever she saw her apologizing to herself for having done no wrong. There was a slight buzz of music that pervaded the air, some tunes Stagefirght found catchy, others she just found plain awful. What could she say in her defense, she was used to the grand pit orchestras of canterlot, where everybody was a professional. She wasn't used to the sound of a wandering bard or two.

She observed the giant spider approach the cloaked pony. Who by the sound of its breathing, was clearly male. "Is it.... trying to soothe him?" She wondered. As she was used to spiders sneaking up behind prey and quickly putting them in silken doggybags. However the Red corset she was wearing wasn't exactly normal either. Stagefright giggled from the energy within the room. Everyone was trying so hard to blend in and not be seen. It was really quite a shame, she was hoping that there'd be at least one colt to catch her eye; yet all most ponies seemed to do was run in and sit nervously. Was being around others of the opposite sex so difficult? Or was it simply the lack of knowing how to act and the frustration of knowing there was still one pony/thing left to arrive? Stagefright pondered this for a bit.

A small gurgle erupted from the small mares stomache, she looked around to try and find the hostess. After finding her, she called, "Excuse me madame... but does their happen to be any refreshments around, all this waiting is making me parched!" She really didn't want to announce that she wanted food, as that would've seemed a bit rude to her. So she instead asked to see if their were any drinks instead, hoping some cookies or biscuits might be nearbye.

"Thank you," Lore said as he looked about the room at the motley assortment of others, both male and female. There were ponies as well as a pony with a fish's tail rather than back legs, a gryphon, and a spider. He wondered if this was the right decision, if she shouldn't just slink out of the room. But no, that wouldn't be right. He signed up for it, and he would see it through.

He took as seat as instructed in the stallions area. He wondered which mare would be first to meet.

"Refreshments," Kiss replied smoothly to the soft-spoken mare. "Of course! Please give me one moment."

She trotted in a dignified manner to the door that led to the cafe's kitchen and unlocked it, slipping through to the other side and shutting it behind her. With a groan, she smacked her forehead as hard as she could, startling Chocolate Drop into leaping off her back.

"Kiss, you brainless twit!" she hissed. "Of course they want refreshments! How could you have overlooked that? You've already ruined the night and it hasn't even started yet. I hope you're satisfied. Now just watch as your dreams crumble to ruins around you."

She took a couple of deep breaths to try and calm herself. "Okay," she said a little louder. "It's not the end of the world, Kissy, calm down. I'll scavenge Sweet Stuff's kitchen and pay him back later. Let's see what we have."

Kiss began to prowl around the kitchen. She found a small cart which she loaded with a pitcher of water, twelve glasses, napkins, and a platter of candied daisy petals and plain crackers. On the way out she spied a bag of chocolate mini muffins and grabbed those too.

She took a deep breath and put on a smile before opening the door. "Refreshments everyone!" she sang out. "I'm going to lay them out on this back table. Enjoy!"

'Oh wonderful, I'm parched' Nien thought. She walked over to the table and poured herself a glass of water. She then stuck a single fang into the cup and used it as a makeshift straw to drink the liquid.

(if Marchinghammers does not appear soon can we extend the time limit a little?)

Draco shakily leaned over and took a cup of water too but he leaned over too far making him fall and revealing his secret that his wings were not feather Pegasus wings but Scaled Dragon wings. he froze as everyone looked at him he looked at the mares stareing at him nd blushed and tried to hide his wings.

Melody levitated the pitcher and poured herself a glass of water as well. After taking a sip from the cold water she looked up to see the pegaus colt having drgonic wings instead of the normal feathered wings and seamed rather humilated by. Oh please don't fret darling she said in a soothing voice, there's nothing to be ashamed about here we're all unique in our special little way. She finnished looking at all of guests.

(ooc: Not to worry, he has till midnight. I'm sure he'll show up by then.)

"She's right dearie" Nien added in. "No one here is spiteful enough to judge you. In all honesty, having dragon wings pales in comparison to me" she reassured and took another sip of her water.

( OOC: here I am! ))

BrightFire walked in, rather nervous about what may or may not happen "Um hello?" he said trying to at least appear confident "sorry I'm late, it was rather hectic weather for flying so I had to get here by hoof"

He looked around, all these new faces...nerve wrecking indeed...

Kiss trotted over to the new arrival, smiling broadly. "Welcome, welcome! Refreshments on the back table!" She then turned and trotted to the table where the rest of the ponies were socializing.

"Alright!" Kiss said over the chatting ponies, taking her place at the head of the table and settling her flank down on the cushion. She clopped her hooves together twice.

"Alright everypony," she said again once they were all quiet. "I see you're all getting to know each other already, and that's wonderful. But now that all of us are here we can get started with the real business of the night - the dates! Each round will begin with me giving out a discussion question to help your conversations, but don't feel you have to use it."

As she talked, Chocolate Drop came silently out of hiding and leapt onto her back, then nuzzled himself into her long red mane.

"Each round will end when I ring this bell, then the mares will move one seat to the right and we'll begin again with new partners. Everybody understand? Okay, here's the first question: 'What's one thing you're good at besides your special talent?' And the first round starts... now!"

Chocolate Drop purred against her neck as the conversations began. Quick Kisses' grin looked like it could split her face in half. Her dream was finally coming true.

[OOC]

This round will last until July 9th at noon PST. The pairs are as follows:

Heidiara Nobeli and Draco

Moonlite Frost and Brightfire

Stagefright and Lore Weaver

Nien and String Heart

Mojo Mystic and Stony Shores

Sweet Melody and Flare

I suggest you take a look at your partner's app in the OOC thread. Have fun!

[/OOC]

String Heart glanced over at Stage Fright and smiled, he was trying to keep track of the ones around him and see what he could figure out when he looked at them. as wqater was passed around he just took has glass between his hooves and drank quietly. He listed off the other guests in his mind "Dragon winged pegasus, spider, seapony, violin unicorn, nervous unicorn, two regular pegasi, griffin , two male unicorns, and a female earth pony" . The unicorn with the violin, the nervous unicorn who was slowly calming down, the spider, and the griffin caught his eye the most out of the six females in the room with him. they seemed like they'd be interesting to talk to.

Nien was somewhat amused at String Hearts comment about her looking lovely as she doubted he had ever seen a giant talking female spider in his life. 'He's just being a gentlecolt' she thought. "Charmed, it's a plesure to meet you as well String Heart" She replied as she shook his hoof with her palp.

String Heart's smile grew slightly as he brought his hoof back and took a sip of his water. "So, Ms.Nien, tell me a little about yourself. I'll surprised by your appearance, I had begun to believe your species didn't live anywhere in equestria. I haven't seen one of your brood since i moved here."