New Official Friendship is Magic Comic Series

And here's a list of all the covers (with pics) so far:

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2012/10/list-of-variant-covers-with-pictures.html

Jill Thompson's cover looks a bit odd. The 'Larry's Comics' one looks pretty neat...And the Stephanie Buscema ones are nice as well. She's blending her own style with the show's...

Can't say I'm too pleased with the Jill Thompson cover I ordered...

I would have assumed such a lauded and respected artist would know how to draw a pony better. :/

Fluttershy looks so weird. :shock:

And all the other covers are so amazing too... :sleep:

I purchased the Midtown version with Derpy in the bath 'o' comics. I do like the Double Midnight, Larrys and Buscema's is cool since FIM's style is pretty close to her own...And if any of you follow funny books, she's the granddaughter of comics legend, John Buscema...

Guys. Issue #3 is on preorder already. HUGE SPOILER issue synopsis (Pulled from Midtown comics). This is going to be awesome.

Issue 2:

[colour=#000000]"(W) Katie Cook (A) Andy Price (CA) Katie Cook[/colour][colour=#000000]

Queen Chrysalis has returned! Our ponies have no time to horse around, as they set off to rescue their friends from Chrysalis kingdom. What magical adventures await them, and where the heck is Princess Celestia?"[/colour][colour=#000000]

Issue 3[/colour][colour=#000000]

"(W) Katie Cook (A) Andy Price (CA) Amy Mebberson, Stephanie Buscema[/colour]

[colour=#000000]

The Mane 6 enter the heart of the Changeling Kingdom to rescue their friends! Danger lurks everywhere, and each Pony will have to put their best hoof forward if they are to survive the night! Unfortunately that's exactly what the Changeling Queen expects! Will our heroes fall into her trap?"[/colour][colour=#000000]

[/colour]

And this is going to be an ongoing series..Not an limited one BTW:

"My Little Pony is planned as an ongoing monthly. We'll be breaking story arcs into four issues, at least for the first 8 issues. I kind of consider each four-issue story arc to be equivalent to a 2 part episode of the show, if that makes sense. Gives us a little bit more room to play with 'bigger' stories. So no new #1 are planned. Though if sales take a dive, it's not uncommon to relaunch with a new #1. Hopefully that won't happen. "

http://forum.idwpubl...58921c4763bacbd

Aww. Fluttershy as Wonder Woman. Cute. ^^

Ah? It's a digital release too? I guess I'll have to consider that if the comics don't turn up on my doorstep!

I also think a lot of the comic books out these days, the popular ones, give you a code for the digital download inside the physical comic as well, for those of you who are contemplating which one they want to go with. Here's hoping they do that for this series.

sep120302.jpg

Whats with the horrifying human faces on the ponies? Kind of creepy

I realy regret ordering that cover I might have to get another #1 edition to make up for it. And yes facs looks human and wrong drawing style, plus the propertion of head and body is wrong I nearly think I could do that better myself and that says allot.

Yeah, not one of Jill Thompson's better covers..And this is coming from a major fan of hers who believes her stuff is just awesome..If you've seen the stuff she did on Sandman or Beasts Of Burden..Or Fables..Or Scary Godmother.. Her Applejack isn't that bad...The others...ehhh. :smug:

Heh. I have a feeling when they say 'Huge Crossover potential', they might mean as in readers...Those who enjoy the show, but do not normally read comics might pick it up, and those who enjoy comics, but not the show might pick it up and start following the show as well. But I like your definition better. :)

Heh. I have a feeling when they say 'Huge Crossover potential', they might mean as in readers...Those who enjoy the show, but do not normally read comics might pick it up, and those who enjoy comics, but not the show might pick it up and start following the show as well. But I like your definition better. :)

Not mine, just happened across it.

However, Hasbro does actually own Transformers.