Season 3 Information Thread (Spoilers inside)

Your ignorance as to that man's very existence leaves you more sane than I, and you should celebrate and revel in your naivete towards that horrible, horrible person. However, let us not derail the thread!

I would find it interesting to see a technological dystopia, maybe with a cryogenically preserved populace (or similar stasis), due to the fall of their empire. Or some such.

Your ignorance as to that man's very existence leaves you more sane than I, and you should celebrate and revel in your naivete towards that horrible, horrible person. However, let us not derail the thread!

I would find it interesting to see a technological dystopia, maybe with a cryogenically preserved populace (or similar stasis), due to the fall of their empire. Or some such.

(It's okay to not know who that is. I'll bet if you asked anyone outside the US they wouldn't know or care, which is fine. A single country's politics is not the center of the world, after all.)

Anyway, as creepy as that idea sounds at first, it might be really interesting to watch! Though, are you suggesting an episode that reveals that Equestria is present-day Ponyland and the fallen civilization they discover are the Ponylanders/Flutter Valley/etc? That would be pretty grim, but a fascinating way to handle/explain the connection between G1-G4. Doubt they'd take that route, but it'd still be interesting all the same. : )

Or it could be just. Y'know ponies made of crystal that live in a far off land?

Don't really see why we have to give it an impossibly dark backstory.

True, they could be made of just living crystal.

Or maybe they aren't crystal, but their castle and buildings are. I saw in the Crystal Ponies Song that there was a white tower structure in the background, which leads me to believe it was a castle. Not transparant like some crystals, but still crystal like.

What I wonder is how a fair will "save the crystal ponies." Unless they're frightened and need cheering up.

I wonder I wonder~.

The Octavia and Rarity thing sounds neat though.^^; they seem to go well I guess since they're both all posh and sophisticated.

Would be nice if Derpy can have a speaking role or two after all, I'll never forget "nnICe WorK rAINbow dASh!" in the old voice of course lol. Wouldn't want Derpy to be a really big character honestly, I think what's so appealing is the random cameos and very rare speaking parts with hilarity ensued. Oh well, at least Derpy isn't banned.^^;

Crystal Ponies? Hmmm curiouser and curiouser I wonder what they will look like. I'm guessing that they're extinct or maybe thought to be extinct, but live together. maybe they're running out of magic and decided to steal Cadence's haha just making up cheap ideas as I write this. Hopefully, this is the last time Cadence will need to be saved though. I agree, probably the 1st episode.^^ As for Twilight and Spike's song...hmm if it is the same episode as the Crystal Ponies one, then it's probably technically on a separate episode. You know, the first two episodes follow the same plot?

I wanna hear about the Cutie Mark Crusaders though XD wonder what they're going to be doing~. Also, since the beginning, I've wondered which of the Crusaders would be the first to get their mark. I mean, I doubt that they'll just get them in unison, but hmm you never know. They're best friends and maybe a power of friendship is simultaneous appearance of Cutie marks like what happened to The Elements of Harmony Ponies XD.

I wonder I wonder~.

The Octavia and Rarity thing sounds neat though.^^; they seem to go well I guess since they're both all posh and sophisticated.

Would be nice if Derpy can have a speaking role or two after all, I'll never forget "nnICe WorK rAINbow dASh!" in the old voice of course lol. Wouldn't want Derpy to be a really big character honestly, I think what's so appealing is the random cameos and very rare speaking parts with hilarity ensued. Oh well, at least Derpy isn't banned.^^;

Crystal Ponies? Hmmm curiouser and curiouser I wonder what they will look like. I'm guessing that they're extinct or maybe thought to be extinct, but live together. maybe they're running out of magic and decided to steal Cadence's haha just making up cheap ideas as I write this. Hopefully, this is the last time Cadence will need to be saved though. I agree, probably the 1st episode.^^ As for Twilight and Spike's song...hmm if it is the same episode as the Crystal Ponies one, then it's probably technically on a separate episode. You know, the first two episodes follow the same plot?

I wanna hear about the Cutie Mark Crusaders though XD wonder what they're going to be doing~. Also, since the beginning, I've wondered which of the Crusaders would be the first to get their mark. I mean, I doubt that they'll just get them in unison, but hmm you never know. They're best friends and maybe a power of friendship is simultaneous appearance of Cutie marks like what happened to The Elements of Harmony Ponies XD.

Good theories and ideas I hope that you're right about most of these things.

It was pretty obvious that it was going to be 13 episodes. I don't know where these rumours of a "second team" working on the second half of the season came from.

Anyway added the information on the front page. For good measure, here's the link to the writer's panel where it was confirmed by the head writer.

Yes but I did hope that it was just a rumor.

Well if this is the final season, lets enjoy it while we can.

Well think of the following options:

1. It's 13 episodes but then they'll announce 13 later for the Springtime (I stick with this option as many series are like this).

2. It's just 13 episode but they'll be longer.

3. It's 13 episodes and the end of the series (very unlikely as Hasbro knows how popular the show is and wouldn't suddenly just give it up like that. Plus wouldn't you think we'd know already that was going to happen?)

I see no reason to panic over MLP's future yet. I'm sure sometime in the next couple of months, we'll hear an announcement that the Hub has renewed their flagship series for another 2.5 seasons or so. Additionally, Hasbro may be considering switching over to a half season format permamently; some distributors sell seperate DVD sets for each half season instead of one set for an entire year's worth of episodes.

Well think of the following options:

1. It's 13 episodes but then they'll announce 13 later for the Springtime (I stick with this option as many series are like this).

Additionally, Hasbro may be considering switching over to a half season format permamently; some distributors sell seperate DVD sets for each half season instead of one set for an entire year's worth of episodes.

I am hoping something like this is the case

Here is the way I see it... There is nothing to be left open... its not like Samurai Jack or Pirates of Dark Water where the story will never be complete. So if it ends with this I'm cool, it can be rewatched. Though... I don't see why... this is pretty much a cashcow right now. Would be silly to end it in its infancy.

Here is the way I see it... There is nothing to be left open... its not like Samurai Jack or Pirates of Dark Water where the story will never be complete. So if it ends with this I'm cool, it can be rewatched. Though... I don't see why... this is pretty much a cashcow right now. Would be silly to end it in its infancy.

Yes but other shows like this have been killed in their prime.

The series has been through worse *COUGHG3.5COUGH*, so I doubt it's the end of the show. But I don't see why we need to make excuses over the fact it's half a season - a lot of people keep saying the episodes are twice as long, or that they're going to announce another 13 episodes later, etc...when there is absolutely no indication of this whatsoever.

More episodes is not necessarily better.

I'd say more, but I'd merely be making suppositions and guesses, so that's all I have to say for now.

BTW: I find it extremely unlikely that MLP episodes will become any longer than 30 minutes just because there's only 13 episodes this next season. Standard running times for children's shows simply don't exceed 30 minutes, and I don't think MLP will be an exception to this rule. Besides, extending episode length is actually counterproductive of Hasbro's goal of making MLP suitable for syndication.