Season 3 Information Thread (Spoilers inside)

Saturday, November 10, 10:00am

my-little-pony-01.jpg

my-little-pony-02.jpg

Is your body ready? ;)

Seems it will also air the two-parter at the same time, too.

Some more stuff:

Pony head writer Meghan McCarthy tells EW that season 3 will focus on main pony Twilight Sparkle as she advances in her magical studies: “She’s been in Ponyville for awhile now, and so her journey is going a little bit further,” McCarthy says. It’ll also feature “very catchy and very, very cute” new songs, “the usual pop culture references,” and the reemergence of a certain unnamed fan favorite villain — who McCarthy says will return “in a very, very awesome way.”

Fans should also watch out for an upcoming installment that deals with a very topical issue: bullying. “[it] explores how you should handle a bully, and sometimes what the source of bullying is,” McCarthy explains. But don’t expect an awkward Very Special Episode: “It’s wrapped in a story that’s really fun and funny, and has music, and doesn’t feel heavy-handed.

Nah, I don't see Trixie as a bully or villain...She's just someone with self-esteem issues and could use a real friend or two...Should be interesting to see what she ends up doing in season 3.

1000pxtrixienotsogreata.png

So excited! November 10th? Awesome! :D

Happy about what Meghan said too. Sounds awesome. As for the villain, gotta be talking about Discord, who we all already know is returning anyway. Trixie isn't and in my opinion can't be a serious villain, I can't see Nightmare Moon returning and they're doing Chrysalis in the comic, so there's not much in the way of choices.

Well, there's Discord and Chrysalis, and there's this King Sombra appearing. So, there's three. Personally I'm fine not having a Boss Rush season with tons of enemies. A nice balance between personal troubles and vilians like the last two seasons is nice.

She could have been referring to Discord, as Trixie's status as a "villain" is questionable. I don't doubt that both will return though.

Villain is in the eye of a beholder. :D To a young child, who doesn't quite understand grey and grey morality yet she is definitely a villain.

...the day Season 3 premieres is the same weekend I'm with my Dad and Step-mum, the same people who won't let me watch pony...

I am so sorry... even thinking about that makes me die a little inside. :( Unfortunately, I will have to use my DVR to record it, hopefully my parents won't notice me recording it.

And I'm going to put my bits on Discord returning. Even though Trixie may have been mean, she doesn't really get up to villain status, and I think that her exaggerated arrogance reflected that.

• Like 1

Theory: Discord trapped the Crystal Kingdom in time and managed to taint Luna before he was turned to stone by the two sister's wielding the Elements of Harmony. However, now that he was turned to stone, there was no way to reverse what had happened to the Crystal Kingdom without his power. Similarly, there was no current known cure to Discordation, thus Luna was stuck in Nightmare Moon form no matter how much she tried not to succumb to the dark powers.

But, once the Elements released Luna from Discords power, the power she lost went back to him. The Cutie Mark Crusaders created the spark that freed him, but it wouldn't have been possible without Luna first being released from the dark power. Once Discord was free, his spell on the Crystal Empire also began to break, but it was only with the massive magical surge that went out in a massive wave from Princess Cadance that finally freed the city.

• Like 1

Theory: Discord trapped the Crystal Kingdom in time and managed to taint Luna before he was turned to stone by the two sister's wielding the Elements of Harmony. However, now that he was turned to stone, there was no way to reverse what had happened to the Crystal Kingdom without his power. Similarly, there was no current known cure to Discordation, thus Luna was stuck in Nightmare Moon form no matter how much she tried not to succumb to the dark powers.

But, once the Elements released Luna from Discords power, the power she lost went back to him. The Cutie Mark Crusaders created the spark that freed him, but it wouldn't have been possible without Luna first being released from the dark power. Once Discord was free, his spell on the Crystal Empire also began to break, but it was only with the massive magical surge that went out in a massive wave from Princess Cadance that finally freed the city.

You know, the events chain together rather nicely.