Rainbow Dash Soft Drink....hmmmmm

kunio18

I'm sitting her going "Why Cherry? What does Cherry have to do with Dash?" honestly, I think Apple-cider flavor would have been more appropriate since she's an alcoholic a cider fanatic.

I hate Cherry with a passion, just tastes horrid to me, but I'd buy one of these purely for the fact it has Dashie on the can <3

I wonder what Twi's drink would taste like...

I'm sitting her going "Why Cherry? What does Cherry have to do with Dash?" honestly, I think Apple-cider flavor would have been more appropriate since she's an alcoholic a cider fanatic.

I hate Cherry with a passion, just tastes horrid to me, but I'd buy one of these purely for the fact it has Dashie on the can <3

I wonder what Twi's drink would taste like...

Grape, maybe? It's not only purple, but it's simple yet sophisticated, and just represents Twi to me for reasons I can't express.

Grape, maybe? It's not only purple, but it's simple yet sophisticated, and just represents Twi to me for reasons I can't express.

I thought grape, then I thought "that makes too much sense, given Dashs' flavor doesnt make sense" I'd guess something like Mango just to keep the apparent 'trend' of flavors not matching ponies :blah:

Anyone have Moxie before? I have..It's made just like the old timey soda jerks did it back then..Tastes very medicine-y. :green:

Yeah. I am drinking it RIGHT NOW. I love it. It's really the only New England regional beverage that I like.

Plus, they used to have horsemobiles.

Moxiehorse.jpg

and Hasbro is also New England based, as much as the rest of us like to make fun of Rhode Island.

MISSED BRILLIANT MARKETING OPPORTUNITY.

Complex, and definitely not a sipper. Weesh is definitely Jagermeister flavor.

I think Rarity would taste like light lavender and champagne.

PinkiePie = icing cake flavor ?... id think it would be hard to get a cupcake flavored drink imho

kunio, you think their marketing strategy is to appeal to collectors? I buy cases of throwback mountain dew because I like the taste. If I liked the packaging, but not the flavor, I would buy one can and stop. The packaging on this product is abysmal.

Heh. Surely there is some non-alcoholic drink that fits me. Most of the alcohol I have consumed in my lifetime comes from the free beers that my curling captains buy me after a victory. I drink impressively little for someone who likes the taste, has the money and has no moral/physical/mental problems with it.

PinkiePie = icing cake flavor ?... id think it would be hard to get a cupcake flavored drink imho

I think I could pull it off with a few simple ingredients. Vanilla cupcakes usually have a background flavor of vanilla, butter, and citrus, so that with some simple syrup and carbonated water I could probably make a reasonably good cupcake-tasting flavor just with what I have on hand.

Hm, having a cupcake soda makes sense for Pinkie Pie. Rainbow Dash's doesn't make sense, so I don't think a cupcake flavor would make the cut. Also, Pinkie is obviously known for being very random; so it could be anything really. Maybe even a rainbow flavored one...

I'd be interested in Pinkie's Fluttershy's and Rarity's flavors though. What about Flim & Flam's? O.o

Hm, having a cupcake soda makes sense for Pinkie Pie. Rainbow Dash's doesn't make sense, so I don't think a cupcake flavor would make the cut. Also, Pinkie is obviously known for being very random; so it could be anything really. Maybe even a rainbow flavored one...

I'd be interested in Pinkie's Fluttershy's and Rarity's flavors though. What about Flim & Flam's? O.o

Sour apples.
  • Like 2

Pinkie is obviously known for being very random; so it could be anything really. Maybe even a rainbow flavored one...

:green::blah: that's just wrong... I really hope the marketing never latches onto that story like the fandom sadly has... :sniff:

kunio, you think their marketing strategy is to appeal to collectors? I buy cases of throwback mountain dew because I like the taste. If I liked the packaging, but not the flavor, I would buy one can and stop. The packaging on this product is abysmal.

I'm pretty sure the packaging is a big part of the marketing strategy. Why get a license at all if you aren't trying to appeal to people through packaging?

Looking up the manufacturer here, Boston America, almost all they do is make products with various assorted licenses, and indication is that they're doing well enough with their business strategy if they keep adding licenses as they do.

Although, that said, the following from their site makes it sound like its less about collectors and more to do with just capturing impulse buys:

Boston America was incorporated in 1995 with the intent of manufacturing and distributing creative, fun and high quality impulse products to the gift and novelty market. Since that time we have successfully grown the business in two unique directions.

Our line of licensed tinned candies, energy drinks and cosmetics are second to none in the industry. We feature only the hottest licenses that have appeal to a broad range of demographics. Our artwork and displays make our products truly pop on the shelves at retail.

• Like 2

Ok, I can see the market, but would this particular can pop out on your local grocer's shelves? I think they could have picked a better image of Rainbow for starters. And the fonts clash. Is their goal to be so bad that you can't help but notice?

I don't know what sorts of stores carry their products. Certainly never seen them in stores where I'm at. Maybe some kind of specialties stores stock them on shelves, and of course the Dash soda is already being sold online, so it's definitely at internet stores.

But yeah, I can kind of see how this would work. If I was in a store and noticed a can of soda with Rainbow Dash on it, I'd probably buy it just out of curiosity. A lot of bronies would.

...and of course the Dash soda is already being sold online, so it's definitely at internet stores.

Wait, are you sure?

Both of the stores I saw were pre-order only.

The can is ugly, but they designed it to appeal to someone.

One can hope. But I think it is more likely that it wasn't designed so much as it was thrown together.

Wait, are you sure?

Both of the stores I saw were pre-order only.

Well, pre-orders, yes. But it's kind of the same thing. if they're carrying it for pre-orders, it means they'll eventually be selling it.

Oh Weesh, I see what you did there! :lol:

I wish I had done that on purpose.

Most of my great puns and double entendres happen without my being aware until people start groaning or chuckling.

Most of my bad ones too.

In my opinion, it's an oversell in order to cater to bronies. They want money.

(Some) Obsessive Fans + Fan Based Products = EASY MONEY (According to Hasbro at least)

Is there such a thing as over licensing?

With the exception of the things that will damage the brand like drugs, sex or (gasp!) inferior products, pretty much everything should be fair game. When someone provides a product that we want, don't we want them to be licensed? We should be encouraging them to embrace the creativity of their fans!