Dust: An Elysian Tail

Rosewind

• 2 weeks later...

I love the game. the 126th person to 117% complete the game and have been playing on the hardest difficulty which is VERY hard. I love the characters, graphics & music. I've only had minor issues with lag while sending messages or looking through friends list or the occasional randomly going through parts of the stage your not suppose to xD but I tend to do that to games ._.

Still hoping to make my dream of becoming a game tester. Hooves always crossed

Couple tips to help anyone playing on the hardest difficulty.

- Health, Defense, and Fidget are the most important stats to level through Skill Gems. Attack is useless beyond the miminum, as you will get plenty of it through gear.

- I've personally found that Aerial Dust Storm + Fidget Combos are the most efficient and safest way to dispose of enemies, especially if you've been focusing on keeping your Fidget stat as high as possible.

- Fidget's fire attack is pretty useless, as the flame pillars strike inconsistently. The basic fidget attack is great until you get the lightning attack, which is amazing since it deals massive AoE damage and stuns during the duration.

- Don't parry unless absolutely required. Jumping, dodging, or Aerial Dust Storm will keep you out of harm in most situations.

Beyond that, the one tip that I've personally come to rely on is to not waste any gold on buying food. Instead, look for gear and blueprients that have the regen stat on it, and heal yourself that way. Most attacks will kill you in 2-3 hits anyway, even with your Health and Defense maxed. You'll come across plenty of food from chests and enemies, and once you become comfortable with combat you won't be getting hit at all. Buying food is essentially wasting gold.

Hope that helps! The game is a lot of fun. ^_^

• Like 1

I've been doing the , HealthDef & Fidget leveling and has been working.

Everything has been going smoothly though I'm taking the game progression slowly. Just made it to the meadows and think I will be power leveling there for a bit. Especially since I'm always getting 1000+ combos.

I actually enjoy using the Parry system. I'm so used to it from days of playing SF Third Strike so it came natural to me and with the reason of hating giants and those slow shield holders. Revenge is sweet.

• 9 months later...

I just picked up the Steam version and DEAR LUNA is it awesome. I tried it out on Tough first, but had to restart on Normal because it's also ridiculously difficult even while you're still getting the hang of everything at the beginning.

Though I really must complain about a lot of the character designs. They just look like something a 12-year-old would post on Deviantart, seriously.

I'm not that far along and I dropped both of my first skill gems into attack. But if that makes it much harder later I'll just start over.

I figured spamming Fidget storms was the way to go. I'm about level 10 now, and I have had success using that technique against normal mooks. Am I the only one who thinks there's a huge difficulty jump when the giants first show up and when you fight Fuse? I was doing fine up until I fought my first giants. Then I died no less than a half-dozen times in a row trying to beat the giants. Against Fuse, I got dropped at least 10 times until I figured out I could stunlock him. I can't tell if the design was just frustrating or I'm just bad at this game :evil:

With giants, just do aerial Dust Storms back and forth over them, then Fidget Storm when your energy is back up. (You'll have even more fun when you run into giants that carry shields.)

With Fuse, yeah, I just somehow managed to keep him stunlocked via sheer panic.

I've been looking at acquiring this game. Unfortunately some recent investments has put it out of my price range for the moment. Oddly, I don't want to buy it on sale as I feel as though such talent to make the entire game by one's self deserves to be rewarded with full game price.

• 2 weeks later...

I've recently started playing this on Steam (on tough) and I've gotta say, this game is very good thus far! I'm only just starting chapter 2, but I think I'm definitely going to end up making the effort for a Hardcore playthrough later on.

I figured spamming Fidget storms was the way to go. I'm about level 10 now, and I have had success using that technique against normal mooks. Am I the only one who thinks there's a huge difficulty jump when the giants first show up and when you fight Fuse? I was doing fine up until I fought my first giants. Then I died no less than a half-dozen times in a row trying to beat the giants. Against Fuse, I got dropped at least 10 times until I figured out I could stunlock him. I can't tell if the design was just frustrating or I'm just bad at this game :evil:

I have to admit, the only reason I got through the first giants on my first try was because I found a resurrection stone beforehand, and it got used up in the middle of the fight. I reloaded to try beating them without using it, and it took me maybe ten tries before I did it. By the time I got to Fuse, though, I pretty much never got hit in combat unless I lost track of where Dust was at on the screen, so I was able to beat him without even using a healing item. So... maybe a bit of both? :P

I think I'll be giving this another playthrough soon. It's just that good. I understand there was actually another Chapter that had to be cut, so it's a tish on the short side. Just running around and collecting all chests, etc. it took me about 20 hours to polish off, which is nothing to scoff at considering the quality of this game.

I'm glad you're enjoying it, Statue!

• 3 weeks later...

Just finished this today (with 29/30 achievements,yay!), and oh goodness, did I cry at the end. For like, the whole cutscene. I'm defintely going to be going back through and playing on Hardcore some time. Here's some of my endgame stuffs:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=156223347

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=156223398