I won't be able to see any new movies until at least October, unfortunately. (The nearest movie theater is a two hour drive from here and in another country, so I don't make it very often [ever].) But I hear that it's good, and I am excited to see it when I can. :)

Saw it last night, thought it was good... and I have never particularly liked the character because he's an arrogant jerkface in the comics. Which was handled nicely, and very hilariously. It was nice to be able to reconcile with him being a hero and having good qualities.

One huge complaint, though. This would have been the PERFECT opportunity to roll out Kiss' God of Thunder, and they missed it.

Oh and Natalie Portman, who just annoys me.

Totally not a spoiler, but Kirby, did you catch the Hawkeye reference? The Shield Agent with the crossbow? They called him either Clint or Barton, I forget which, but he's DEFINITELY Hawkeye, whether they're calling him first or last name.

Totally not a spoiler, but Kirby, did you catch the Hawkeye reference? The Shield Agent with the crossbow? They called him either Clint or Barton, I forget which, but he's DEFINITELY Hawkeye, whether they're calling him first or last name.

I think it was Barton. I totally saw him skip right over the guns and right to an Olympic level archery set. TOTALLY Hawkeye. I was so happy from that.

I just got back from seeing it. I thought it was pretty entertaining. Good, but not great. Would have liked the norse mytholgy fleshed out a little more, but I still enjoyed it. Missed out on the stinger, but I really hate sitting through all the credits.

I was quite happy with the length of it. Not too long or too short. That seems to be a rarity in movies these days.

It also bothered me at the complete wipe of Mythology from this movie. They weren't "Gods", they were a race of ancient and cosmically powerful and not to mention immortal beings who were worshiped as god because the mud-people of ancient Scandinavia didn't know the difference. I smell Disney's hand at this, but I digress. The "super-science equals magic" idea flies with me only sometimes. Mainly if Grant Morrison is writing it.

I enjoyed it, though I had mixed feelings about it. The love plot felt forced to me and Thor's change in attitude was very sudden, though I guess it can't be helped due to time constraints... or something.

I liked the giant plot hole that Loki fell into at the end of the movie. Also, the girls guardian (the father figure) had a book on Norse mythology. Couldn't Thor have just read that book and pretty much seen the plot for the movie. It's right in there that Loki betrays him. :)

I didn't, but my roommate did, he knows the comics though.

I didn't, but my roommate did, he knows the comics though.

I had to nudge my husband, who is just starting to read the Avengers :D sadly, though, my Avengers knowledge is REALLY really good in the 70's early 80's and super shoddy past like 1993 (i'll put it this way, my favorite Avenger was Mantis, before she was green). i pick up an issue here (usually about 4 times a year, more if I happen along a good arc) and there to generally keep up with what is going on, but Marvel's really been pissing me off with their horrible storylines (and extensive use of Greg Land) lately. And Civil war almost killed my interest forever.

So I'm mostly familiar with the ones who were active in the 70's and 80's. Which is why I am PISSED OFF that there will be an Ant Man movie, but no Wasp movie.

So I'm mostly familiar with the ones who were active in the 70's and 80's. Which is why I am PISSED OFF that there will be an Ant Man movie, but no Wasp movie.

Remain hopeful! Maybe, despite the title, it won't be an "Ant Man" but rather an Ant Man and Wasp movie!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Just out of curiosity, who else hadth seen this? Who else enjoyed it as much as I did? Which was a lot, by the way.

I have, I though it was pretty decent for what it was meant to be, a comicbook movie. I always approach seeing this flicks with that idea in mind. I am not expecting deep characters and particularly original and deep storyline, but action, fantastic worlds and creates, and rather straightforward stories, which is what I got. Valhalla was absolutely stunning, I am happy with what they did with the Bifröst bridge (because a rainbow would have looked silly), the characters stayed mostly true to form with the comic (less so with the Viking legends), and the visuals and action scenes were pretty cool.