Favorite cutie-mark?

We all have our favorite ponies. We may like them because of their mane, eyes, tail, personality, color scheme, etc. But sometimes, those traits doesn't matter. What matters is what's on their butt.

Mine's are...

Spitfire...

spitfire_cutie_mark_by_capt_nemo-d3ggmmw.png

Princess Celestia...

princess_celestia_cutie_mark_by_blackgryph0n-d3gjklv.png

And of course, Rainbow Dash.

rainbow_dash_cutie_mark_by_missmoo10-d57mdcs.png

Now tell me some of yours.

• Like 1

(shock)

Is this really the first time this question has been asked on this site? It can't be, can it?

Also, I suddenly like Spitfire's now that I can see it clearly for the first time.

I haven't thought of this much, so I am going to have to come back with an official answer, but Luna's makes me happy due to the scope, style and aesthetics. Sea Swirl also has a great design.

Big Macintosh's mark is adorable. It's so detailed compared to many of the other apple family members, and the color scheme fits in so beautifully with his coat and mane colors.

Octavia and Vinyl Scratch's musical Cutie Marks are what mine would look like, so I absolutely adore them. Octavia's is so twisty and flowing, while Vinyl Scratch's has harsher lines. In many ways, this depicts the kind of music they love and truly displays their passions (personalities?) for the world.

Derpy's mark is just so freaking cute. Nuff said.

Spitfire's mark is just beautiful. Beautiful! I have no other words to describe it. It's not only straightforward, but incredibly artistic. Roger Waters Pony would be envious. I'M envious, and I'm not even a pony.

• Like 1

I'm a big fan of the simplicity of Rarity's cutie mark. :) Its not elaborate or fancy, which is perhaps at odds with her whole fashion designer kick, but somehow I find that to be strangely fitting.

Good design is simple design. The nature of her mark is not at odds with fashion design in general, though her designs do tend towards gaudiness.

• Like 1

We all have our favorite ponies. We may like them because of their mane, eyes, tail, personality, color scheme, etc. But sometimes, those traits doesn't matter. What matters is what's on their butt.

Mine's are...

Spitfire...

Princess Celestia...

princess_celestia_cutie_mark_by_blackgryph0n-d3gjklv.png

And of course, Rainbow Dash.

rainbow_dash_cutie_mark_by_missmoo10-d57mdcs.png

My top 3 are all the same as yours, in the same order. Freaky.

I think Weesh's cutie mark would be a Weesh head. It would be Weeshception!

My favorite cutie mark? Mmm...I can't pick!

Since we're talking about cutie marks, maybe we can get some lore about their original design? It's no secret they were probably inspired by the mark left by branding a real-life pony. This is not always done with a cruel hot iron; sometimes brands were painted with dyes or tattooed on the animal.

I think Weesh's cutie mark would be a Weesh head. It would be Weeshception!

Wow.

The idea of getting a cutie mark of yourself...

Think of the message that would send...

You aren't defined by your hobbies, your skills, your passion, your job or your triumphs...

You are just you...

I like it.

The most vexing thing about the cutie marks is that they are static, and do not take into account life change. But you will always be you, even if you move on to something else.

• Like 1

I find myself loving the background ponies' cutie marks because they are the most interesting to look at. Some are intricate, some are simple, some are just jokes in themselves. You could make a whole game out of it if you wanted to!

Personally, best Cutie Mark is Pinkie's. After all, Pinkie Pie IS Best Pony... :D

Spitfire...

Also, I suddenly like Spitfire's now that I can see it clearly for the first time.

I should point out that it's not official, it's a fan interpretation. Spitfire's cutie mark has never been seen since she's never out of her uniform on the show.

I... don't have a favourite cutie mark. Heck, I've never even thought of it before.

...Silver Spoon's maybe? The spoon has quite a nice design. Luna's large cutie mark is cool too.

I should point out that it's not official, it's a fan interpretation. Spitfire's cutie mark has never been seen since she's never out of her uniform on the show.

Yeah, I know... But it does fit her perfectly. A lightning bolt, which means she's fast. And in my headcannon, it's on fire because she flew so fast, the friction caught her hair on fire.

I really like Celestia's cutie-mark, because of the heraldry it gives off. Like this 1st Battalion shoulder-sleeve visual I did.

F7lMr.png

I also like Mjolna's cutie-mark, all thor-like

hammer_cutie_mark_by_rildraw-d4o87zu.png

What symbolism?

There are 5 stars surrounding the one large star - it's the Elements of Harmony! (I didnt come up with that, I stole it from... I think Lux...?)

Which particular interpretation?

I'll look for an image but I'm going with the fireball.