Mother Names Daughter After Ponies!

Rosewind

Petal Blossom Rainbow?

Hmmm... sounds ponyish.

Had a certain book series not been writen, I'd consider naming a future daughter Twilight.

Probably the name that is both pony related and sort of common is Luna.

• Like 1

At least she got "Rainbow" right. Missed the mark on Dash, though!

I don't mean to burst your bubble, but Petal Blossom Rainbow was born in 2009; a year before FiM first aired. Going though the OP news story, I get the feeling that the fact that PBR shares part of her name with Rainbow Dash is just coincidence. So...... yeah. :blah:

I don't mean to burst your bubble, but Petal Blossom Rainbow was born in 2009; a year before FiM first aired. Going though the OP news story, I get the feeling that the fact that PBR shares part of her name with Rainbow Dash is just coincidence. So...... yeah. :blah:

You realize that the pony names and characters predated G4, right? I believe MLP has existed since the 80s, and most of the names and general character designs come from G3 and G3.5... (with Applejack and Spike being the exception from G1)

While from what she said, I'd still call it a coincidence, it isn't because of timeframe. And honestly coincidence doesn't matter if people make the connection. I had a friend named Ariel (guy) who was born around the same time as the movie "The Little Mermaid" (Technically was born before) and yet, despite being a guy and being born BEFORE the movie's release, kids still poked fun at him for it. And I have heard similar things with kids named "Doug" in reference to the show Doug... If the possibility of the connection is there, it will be made regardless of intent from the parent.

You realize that the pony names and characters predated G4, right? I believe MLP has existed since the 80s, and most of the names and general character designs come from G3 and G3.5... (with Applejack and Spike being the exception from G1)

Well hot dog; apparently there is a G2 pony named "Petal Blossom". :o

I can totally get behind interesting names, but Petal Blossom Rainbow? That's like THREE WORDS!

Come ON! That's going to be SO annoying writing checks or signing bank statements later in life. Don't get me started on name tags.

Applejack, Firefly, or Lickedy Split would have been less of a hassle (I could see a pretty tough highschool life for a girl named Lickedy though).

Eeesh. I don't really know whether this is really cool, or a little inappropriate in some standards. Nonetheless, they've made their choice. Whether they did it to make a statement or not, I'm guessing that can all be left to speculation. :/

To be honest, I would've just gone with Rainbow. :P

Honestly...I kind of feel bad for the kids :( sure, being named after a pony WOULD be awesome, but you also got to look at how other kids will treat them because of those names. I new one girl at my middle school who was named after Bambi...she received an awesome year :/ . While the parents couldn't have known about the anti-Pony sentiment some people feel to day...I just wish they'd take more consideration. Apparently, this mom didn't even know she named her child after an MLP character, but still...who gives their child THREE FIRST NAMES?! It's ridiculous...her excuse was "Oh, I just couldn't decide on what name to give them...", well, that's just great. I just hope she's ready for any repercussions from her lovely choice of names.

On another note, I would totally name my child after an MLP character...as long as I knew that she/he wouldn't be harassed for it later in life.

One of our neighbors when I used to live in a Kentucky duplex as a very young foal named her kids Lemangelo and Orangelo (pronounce them as Lemon jello and Orange jello). I'm not making this up.