Poll: Arcade Arena interest

Imagination

31 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in there being a gaming-type of competition every month on Canterlot?

• Yes! I love videogames and competition! This is my dream come true!
    • No, videogames rot the mind and competition divides unity.
    • Pancakes.

Currently I'm working to maybe start a monthly competition in Canterlot. Called 'Arcade Arena', every month there would be a posted game and a side challenge called 'Imagination's Challenge'. The regular competition would work like a high-scores board, while the side challenge would be having to meet a challenging score.

At the present time, prizes for the Arcade Arena are some nifty badges that I'm working on.

HOWEVER,

The point of this thread is not to pitch the idea. The point of this thread is to see if there's interest, and if this kind of competition would be worth holding at all.

Please answer the poll if you're interested or not, and even include your own thoughts if you wish.

Again, this is to see if there's interest in such a concept as a gaming competition. Not a think-tank for ideas for said competition.

Honestly, my biggest qualm with this is the following: What kind of games would we be competing with/on? There are currently 3,670 users registered. Take into account that there are duplicates, one-time users, and inactive users, something like XBL or PSN wouldn't work, and considering the cost of a gaming PC and/or a reliable connection for conpetitive purposes, not to mention the , nor would Steam.

Do you mean like a flash game or something? As much as I would like to participate, I highly doubt I would be capable, due to many more important matters; I feel as though others would sympathize with me on this. Not to mention the slight lack of initiative and the intense amount of organization...

Also, what made you think somebody would NOT pick pancakes if they weren't senile? Pancakes are bucking awesome!

The games would all be 100% free and 100% accessible on the net for the regular challenge, as I had hoped would be obvious. No sense in having a board-wide videogame contest if half the members who are interested don't have the game.

It would work like this:

Arcade Arena: September

ANGRY BIRDS

1st - loliwin - 9,999,999,999

2nd - lolnoobs - 9,999,999,998

3rd - lolimthird -9,999,999,997

4th -whatevs - 1

And so on and so forth. The side challenge would be things like:

Imagination's Challenge

Score 100,000 points in Rainbow Dash Attack

The 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place players in the high scores get a nifty badge and bragging rights. Those who complete the side challenge also get a nifty badge.

And yes, Pancakes. Should pancakes be what the people desire, then I shall carry on with this competition in the name of pancakes.

We should totally make a baking game with PP...

Back on topic, how would be post our high scores? Would we post screen caps? If you'd like this done, and a response of people professing interest, you're going to need to think things through more. I only ask for more information on how this would work.

you're going to need to think things through more.

The point of this thread is not to pitch the idea.

This competition has been planned out for months. This thread is only for interest. If you really want to know, you'll have to wait for when it's active.

Well, then all things aside, then I would say there is a great interest, and I would be no exception.

And don't take my words out of context.

Stop being so combative, Frenzy. What you said seemed odd to Imagination considering the OP; what he read and how he responds to it is up to him. Maybe try clarifying yourself?

I like this a lot. Of course we'd need something else other than Angry Birds because failure, but there are so many good Pony flash games that I'm sure we can roll.

• Like 3

Well, then all things aside, then I would say there is a great interest, and I would be no exception.

And don't take my words out of context.

I agree with Steel. Imagination is taking the time to put together something fun for the community, so that attitude really is not necessary. You're new around here, so here's some advice: relax and try to respond in a positive way. We're not out to get you. :D

• Like 1

Okay, okay. I guess maybe the stance on my previous comments made my last one seem hostile. I sincerely mean that I am interested in this idea. My only concern is the fact that we might not have enough people to participate or games that garner enough interest.

I agree with Steel. Imagination is taking the time to put together something fun for the community, so that attitude really is not necessary. You're new around here, so here's some advice: relax and try to respond in a positive way. We're not out to get you. :D

Stop being so combative, Frenzy. What you said seemed odd to Imagination considering the OP; what he read and how he responds to it is up to him. Maybe try clarifying yourself?

I like this a lot. Of course we'd need something else other than Angry Birds because failure, but there are so many good Pony flash games that I'm sure we can roll.

I propose a Robot Unicorn Attack challenge!! :I

I propose we give this man a medal.

I thought that I was a gamer before I came here.. but SOOOOO many people that I've talked to on this site game SOOOO much harder!!! I'm in love with this idea, and very excited to see the competition. I'm in love with this idea! ^-^