[colour=#DDA0DD]I am Photo Finish, and zis is mein favorite, new RP idea in all of ze Canterlot![/colour]

H47gX.png

Now that I have your attention, welcome to "Der Assistent", a new, several threads spanning quest to find a new personal assistant for Photo Finish. How will we go about that? I'm glad you asked!!

We will have a contest, inspired by casting shows like Masterchef and The Apprentice. The judges will be Sapphire Shores, who is not only a famous musician and pop idol, but also always on the pulse of fabulousity, Picture Perfect, renowned abstract artist, unique in his extended experience working with the Blue Mare of Fashion, and, of course, Photo Finish, the eccentric fashion scout and chief editor of Couture. Together, they will eliminate contestants one by one, until one remains, not only winning a one year contract as Photo Finish's personal assistant (which looks great in a curriculum vitae), but also a cash price (and bragging rights).

A couple of notes at this point:

- The thread will have team challenges and individual challenges, and after each challenge, one contestant will be eliminated, by the jury (us).

- This is a real contest, so please only enter if you are a good sport, and aren't going to take an elimination personally.

- Although I don't expect the winner to RP with me for all eternity, you should have a general interest in actually doing one or two threads with Photo Finish after the contest wraps up.

- Contest posts will be judged based on creativity, meeting the requirements of the challenge, and personal growth. Remember, just being perfect in everything is far less impressive then overcoming a personal struggle.

- Individual challenges will only allow for one post per contestant, and the three judges are allowed to post in between to comment on the challenge in process. After all contestants have made their posts, the judges will decide who gets eliminated based on the criteria above. The two best entries will become the team captains for the following team challenge, picking team members from the remaining contestants.

- Team challenges will consist of a bigger task, and will be played out in a separate thread, opened for a week. There wont be a set post order for the teams, but you will be required to wait for at least 2 posts by your team members before you are allowed to post again (subject to change depending on the number of contestants). At the end of the week, the jury will again judge the team's performances, and name a winner, allowing the loosing team to nominate 3 contestants who are up for elimination. The judges obviously have the last word on that.

- Both cast and OCs are welcome, but only one per person.

- The contest will take place in Manehattan for starters, but will move to a surprise location down the line. Traveling expenses and housing will be paid by the organizers.

- If you'd like to participate, but don't actually want to win, feel free to sign up anyway, but don't write it in here. PM me instead, so I know.

Questions and signups in this thread, please. Once we have enough contestants, the main thread will open up.

Thanks for reading. :)

I GO! 8-)

List of attendees:

Jury:

Picture Perfect - Chapien

Sapphire Shores - Dunes

Photo Finish - Davroth

Contestants:

1. SteelEagle - Valen

2. FermataTheBasse - Wordplay

3. hinata2000100 - Twilight Shine

4. QuickLime - Cashmere

5. SonicRainboomGirl - Bebe LeStrange

6. ping111 - Stephan Magnet

7. Villefort - Rising Star

I am obviously participating in this thread in the role of the great artist and competition judge, Picture Perfect.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Updated the first post yet again to add new contestants. One thing I need to address, though:

But now that I know foals are allowed, I'd like to volunteer her. :)
Here's a boi for your boi, boi..
Waiver forms! :razz:

Okay, foals. I'm not against this, because you always have the odd super young talent in competitions like this, but one thing that needs to be absolutely clear is that you have to work within the limitations of the character. What I mean is accounting for things like body size, strength, inexperience, etc.

I will keep a very close eye on this once the challenges start, and it's one of the big, red flags that can get you eliminated.

If you have any questions about this, feel free to ask. :)

Updated the first post yet again to add new contestants. One thing I need to address, though:

Okay, foals. I'm not against this, because you always have the odd super young talent in competitions like this, but one thing that needs to be absolutely clear is that you have to work within the limitations of the character. What I mean is accounting for things like body size, strength, inexperience, etc.

I will keep a very close eye on this once the challenges start, and it's one of the big, red flags that can get you eliminated.

If you have any questions about this, feel free to ask. :)

Yeah, I understand that foals have limitations. I wasn't gonna have Twilight do things someone her age can't do. :)

I must admit, Davy~, that I follow this idea closely because it entertains me. Probably because it is a silly coincidence: I've read about this idea 2 days after coming up with full details concerning my another OC.

If you'd lack, I repeat and underline, lack a contestant to start the thread for too long, I guess I could force pride out of Rising Star and place her in the competition. Count me as a substitute.

Edit: To straighten things up and not be misunderstood. Substitute =/= not interested in winning :)

If you'd lack, I repeat and underline, lack a contestant to start the thread for too long, I guess I could force pride out of Rising Star and place her in the competition. Count me as a substitute.

Noted and added to the list. Thanks for your interest. :)