WHY CANT I SAY EGGYPLANT?

synkyd

Because the great and powerful Artax decreed it so. Nothing you can do will change his mind. Not even bribery.

Although, Artax, that might be a good way to get donations. If the golden pot gets filled by X date you will temporarily reinstate the word?

On a related note, words like m.o.m and c.o.l.o.r always seem to revert to their British English spellings on these forums. :razz:

Well Artax IS British after all. :shifty:

Although I don't know if its voluntary or purposely done...like the egg :razz: plant to aubergine thing.

Well Artax IS British after all. :shifty:

Although I don't know if its voluntary or purposely done...like the egg :razz: plant to aubergine thing.

It is purposefully. It is a campaign to Anglofy the forum. I for one have no issues with this. I used to screw with teachers by using the British spelling of words all the time. It was quite fun. My college lit professor loved that for a british novel, I wrote my paper with British colloquialisms, words and spellings. .. The BBC taught me well...

I riot. Freedom of speech is limited here, and it's an international forum after all!

I demand the rights to use words I find most suitable and was taught to use DX!

Therefore, Cactus. Cactus is my god and hero as long as this continues. Aubergines mean nothing to me, because I can't give them respect the way I'd want! >:l

It was purposely done because some folks were giving Artax flak one day about it being an American forum, when he's British. And he might not seem like it, but he's KIND of a smartaleck, so if you antagonize him, well, this happens. He was pretty gleeful about changing the filters for aubergine the day he did it, and other ways to get around the name change while people tried to game the system were met with pretty huge e-grins as he changed those too.

It was purposely done because some folks were giving Artax flak one day about it being an American forum, when he's British. And he might not seem like it, but he's KIND of a smartaleck, so if you antagonize him, well, this happens. He was pretty gleeful about changing the filters for aubergine the day he did it, and other ways to get around the name change while people tried to game the system were met with pretty huge e-grins as he changed those too.

Actually, he DOES seem like the sarcastic, smartaleck-y type (no offense) :shifty: It not even like its a bad change, or even something to REALLY be mad/sad/flank hurt about, its funny and so is finding ways to get around the filter. Who ever these people are that give him flak, we need to find them, and destroy them cuddle them to death.

I actually find it it fun...

(Do watermelons Artax, please they actually taste good.)

Mang guys, that there aubergine sure is srs bsnss! Right Mr. :aubrey: ?

chrysalisawesomeplz.png?1

I personally love it. It's like an Easter egg of sorts that only either more keen/vet members will get, or those whom actually pursue the mysteries of the aubergine. Funny about mentioning the mum and colour part 'cause I didn't pay attention to that until now. I wonder what other words have been changed?

pinkiegaspplz.png?1 I must find out if these other words exist! ... After this game of NS2 pinkiepieplz.png?2