Filling requests for avies, sigs, and now BANNERS!

Hippo

Lyra banner test 2 and centered:

lyrabannerlight.png?t=1311067806

lyrabannerlight2.png?t=1311067809

lyrabannerdark2.png?t=1311067811

lyrabannerdark.png?t=1311067815

Seems to work...

I made separate backgrounds depending on the post color, since they alternate between light blues.

I don't know how to make a picture with built-in transparency. If anypony knows how to do it, please share!

and my new pup:

rembanner.png

If you've noticed, I definately like to keep to a similar format for each character. I also like to use different formats when creating banners for other users. If you have an idea that you'd like executed, i can certainly try. I like to make it user-special for the purpose of individuality, which is a forum MUST!

I don't know how to make a picture with built-in transparency. If anypony knows how to do it, please share!

I think all you have to do is erase the background (So there's a gray and white checkered background instead of the color) and save the image as a PNG file. :P

What program though. I have GIMPshop, which is GIMP modified to act more like PhotoShop. I know you can't make transparencies in MSPaint (or can you?). I'm just not sure how to fill the transparency option.

lyrabannerdark2.png?t=1311067811

lyrabannerdark.png?t=1311067815

These are looking pretty nice! Are you going to shrink them down or is this the actual size? Because they seem a little big compared to the others you posted. Not complaining, just wondering.

I intended for them to be a little larger, because if I can successfully make them transparent and maybe even finished the cropped edges of running Lyra, it would look better in the end, and still not crown the page, IMO. In any event, one can always shrink them down if they feel it's appropriate. Let me fiddle around a little more with Lyra and see if I can compromise to a safe size vs. style. The biggest challenge for Lyra is keeping her size manageable while keeping her noticeable. Her color scheme is actually quite annoying to deal with, lol.

I think all you have to do is erase the background (So there's a gray and white checkered background instead of the color) and save the image as a PNG file. :D

What program though. I have GIMPshop, which is GIMP modified to act more like PhotoShop. I know you can't make transparencies in MSPaint (or can you?). I'm just not sure how to fill the transparency option.

Well, I've never worked with either of those programs, since I have a Mac. I think you can usually use the same method, though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Heya! I was wondering if you could do a signature picture for me if you want to ofcourse!

It's a desk at a bar, you know, where the people sit. With my Oc (in my avatar picture) sitting there alone, almost falling asleep with one hoof under his head and a coffee cup in his other.

• 2 weeks later...

forgot to post it earlier:

8750-animatedartistKadjuledancedancingfeatured_imagelunamoon.gif

Sorry for those who asked for stuffs. I've been busy doing other brony things. If you still want something done, just remind me and I'll get to it when I can. I'll probably make a to do list on the original post for reference.

Check out my latest sig tributing the new season 2 premiere coming September 17th!

banneranim27.gif

forgot to post it earlier:

8750-animatedartistKadjuledancedancingfeatured_imagelunamoon.gif

Sorry for those who asked for stuffs. I've been busy doing other brony things. If you still want something done, just remind me and I'll get to it when I can. I'll probably make a to do list on the original post for reference.

Check out my latest sig tributing the new season 2 premiere coming September 17th!

banneranim27.gif

Thank you very much :)

• 2 months later...

I suppose. I got a little behind and got sidetracked at the same time. And when the forum reformatted, I kinda forgot about this thread. I'm still willing to do some projects. Just know that my artistic value is 'cheap'. What do you need?

For anyone in this thread who has been waiting patiently, please PM me if you would still like to see some of the request go through. Please understand that I enjoy helping people, but I do not want to overload myself with deadlines. So the completion will be on my terms. But most likely, I'm willing to do it.