Still in the closet :/

kunio18

i dont know how to put this everypony but its been a year since a became a brony and still no one knows about my love for the show and just about everything else that it represents, im not sure how people will take it were i live, id love to tell my family and friends and the people that i am really close to but the general reactions of them deeply scare me, like i have huge wad of freinds and still no one knows that i am a brony.

I have kept it hidden for almost about a year now, though i have given away slight hints here and there dropping lines and a few pictures that they have seen on my phone desktop screen ect.

Does this mean that i am no comfortable with this still,? i am i just being generally pathetic? i deeply love the show, fandom and everything that it holds, its just its hard you know. I am just not sure how they will cope with it, ive mentioned this before when i first joined the forum but i feel it needs to be updated and i wanted to know if anyone else that's a closet brony still on here keeps it well hidden just as me, im not ashamed of it, i love it, but im scared to find out reactions of the people that are close to me, i dont think anyone knows of the show from where i am this really sucks flank.

You know, you don't have to tell people that you are a brony.

In some cases, its actually preferred to do so. I mean, some people actually may discriminate against you for your "bronyhood."

However, if really insist, I wouldn't flat out tell them. You may want to poke a few hints at first. If they ask you about it, tell the truth. You also don't want to push the brony topic after you've revealed it, because then you'll just create an atmosphere of awkwardness and annoyance.

In my personal experience, my younger brother found out that I was a brony after I said a few brony quotes such as "10 seconds flat."

Unfortunately, my stupid brother told my mother and other siblings that I was a brony, all out of rage.

Very fortunate for me, my family, with the exception of a few odd glances, was accepting of it. And more so, my eldest brother admitted that he was a brony too.

I did the same with two of my closest friends. Now one of them is a brony, but the other is a hater, and had been even before I'd confessed.

I don't bring up my bronydom much to my friends because then the hater will just get angry, and any good mood will dissipate.

My point, it's probably not going to be that bad, or it will be worse than considered, depending on the people you are going to admit do. Just make sure that your friend's and family are of the accepting type, or at least the type who can tolerate things, before you confess. And don't flat out tell your loved ones. Hint at it first.

The problem with my elder brother, however, is that I found out that he was a brony when he was a senior in high school. He's now in college. When he's not off at college, he's locked up in his own room. In other words, I don't really can share my experiences with him.

On another note you probably shouldn't be too gloomy on the subject. Nothing much will change if you don't tell your loved ones that you are a brony.

It isn't a big deal. No reason to tell anyone, no reason to hide it either. Anybody asks, affirm it. No need to stress about it. The bigger a deal you make it, the bigger a deal being in the stable becomes.

What Steel said. Heck, don't even get into the whole labeling thing with the term "brony." It's easier to say "I like this cartoon. It's entertaining and has a massive audience of people from all ages and genders." than saying "I'm a brony" and having to explain what that means.

Enjoy it without trying to hide it. If your family and friends ask, give them that quick explaination to educate them. If they ask for more info after that, give it. If not, carry on business as usual and be proud what you like.

• Like 2

i usually display my bronyness with my apparal, and all my friends know as well, if you wanna just flat out tell them, go ahead, im not stopping you, but one word of advice, it will be very awkward and its best to handle the situation as if it were a regular conversation, usually its about at most a 30 second talk, then your back to talking about xbox and forza horizon and how your friend sucks really bad at it.....

sure threres gonna be haters, but come on, theres haters all over the world, its just something you have to deal with and its actually a part of growing up.

Kunio, I'm in a similar situation.

None of my friends know I'm a brony, and it's also pretty awkward because I used to be a total hater which kinda rubbed of on, well, almost ALL my friends, and one of my friends was a brony, who everyone teased and my older brother may or may not be a brony too. It's an arkward situation, to say the least.