Strange things you notice

ec415c8b771eee6f20d48be96c5f45f6.png

Nothing strange by pinkie's standard but I still think it's funny.

That's supposed to be what happens when you reach near the speed of light. It's not a distortion of light, it's the actual shape and size of somepony moving that fast.

Carl Sagan explains:

I know it's nothing freaky I was just saying it still looked a little silly because I imagine Pinkie was breaking the walls again.

• 5 weeks later...

In this part of "Over a Barrel," Pinkie's eye color is forfeited because of the shadings, but everypony else maintains their own. Poor Pinks.

pinkieeyecolor.png

Wait. 2:26 in that video.

Horseshoe prints? :shock:

I don't know a lot about horses, but....their feet don't make the same impression without shoes? :shock:

I don't think so. I mean, those are very much horseshoe shaped tracks. And Wikipedia gives me this as a reference for bare hooves.

Now I'm wondering... do all ponies wear horseshoes, and we just never see them? I've heard theories that maybe they wear shoes that are coloured to match their pelt colour. Hmmm.

Well, if you listen closely, you can notice that everytime ponies walk or tap something, you can hear a clingy sound. Like this:

Well, if you listen closely, you can notice that everytime ponies walk or tap something, you can hear a clingy sound. Like this:

That just proves AJ ha a calised nose, lol. I propose that they almost always wear horseshoes that magically invisible, but they are still made out of a metallic mineral and create a print when pressed into a soft layer of dirt.

Sometimes they wear shoes with feet (for example Applejack's galoshes in Suited For Sucess)

Fluttershy looks extremely similar to Sky Skimmer, a Pony from the short lived second generation, in Cutie Mark Chronicles Filly Fluttershy is shown as being unusually leggy, perhaps as a nod to the second generation Pony

Look really closely during the first scene of Dog and Pony show you'll see Rarity squinting when she sews without her glasses

Three different Dr. Whooves have been shown to date, the usual one, a Pegasus one and a Blue one with a Blonde Mane, there have also been two female Ponies with the same Cutie Mark, one shows up in Applejack's flashback in Cutie Mark Chronicles and the other is Colgate (or Jenny Whooves)

Sometimes they wear shoes with feet (for example Applejack's galoshes in Suited For Sucess)

Fluttershy looks extremely similar to Sky Skimmer, a Pony from the short lived second generation, in Cutie Mark Chronicles Filly Fluttershy is shown as being unusually leggy, perhaps as a nod to the second generation Pony

Look really closely during the first scene of Dog and Pony show you'll see Rarity squinting when she sews without her glasses

Three different Dr. Whooves have been shown to date, the usual one, a Pegasus one and a Blue one with a Blonde Mane, there have also been two female Ponies with the same Cutie Mark, one shows up in Applejack's flashback in Cutie Mark Chronicles and the other is Colgate (or Jenny Whooves)

I believe they wear shoes for special occasions as AppleJack has said "We don't usually wear clothes"

Can't say anyting about the fluttershy thing since I've never had interest in the ponies before G4 maybe it is or maybe something one should ask Lauren sometime.

And as for Rarity I guess she was having a hard time seeing since she wasn't wearing her glasses or even with glasses it's sometimes hard to see where you are stitching when it's such a small needle and thread. Sewing is a witch to do :wail:

There can be a lot of variations to the background ponies a long with lots of ponies having the same or in some cases no cutie-marks at all one can understand since coming up with a unique pony for every background pony is a chore on it's own. Lyra has also been seen switching from a unicorn to a earth pony once or twice before sometimes the animators may just copy and paste to save time(So I've been told). Dr. Whooves is just Dr. Whooves a popular background pony who resembled or reminded other bronies of Dr. Who. The animators possibly didn't think of it as a big deal when they created him and just used him constantly when needed. Caramel has been seen a lot of times differently too as well even as a mare O_o. Just blame them silly animators for driving us crazy :geek:

Look at this clip from "Stare Master" and keep an eye on Sweetie Belle's whereabouts.

I know its like a cartoon for characters to pop out of no where, but maybe Sweetie Belle needs to try magic for her cutie mark.

I'm willing to wager that if it wasn't for the ponies and other characters in this show all having circular large heads, the emoting eyebrows that use often to illustrate mood would hover in midair like some cartoons do.

Phineas-PhineasFerb-square.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

And now I'm bumping this up because this is a really fun topic and we're allowed to do this sort of thing

I believe they wear shoes for special occasions as AppleJack has said "We don't usually wear clothes"

True and usually they fit right against the hoof/leg but there are a few examples such as the galoshes from episode 14 that look like human shoes that on humans would have most of the foot go in but on ponies is just empty space

And as for Rarity I guess she was having a hard time seeing since she wasn't wearing her glasses or even with glasses it's sometimes hard to see where you are stitching when it's such a small needle and thread. Sewing is a witch to do :wail:

I know especially when you're doing faces and if you don't put the needle in just the right place the mouth looks crooked or the eyes look off....

On that note appearently there are two types of sewing machines, the way their counter part in our world works, for those who aren't familiar with non-electric ones, is that you press the pedal with your foot which turns a wheel that is connected to the wheel on the side of the machine itself and runs the rest of the machine, now take a good look at the beginning of "Art of the Dress Reprise" you can see everything in that shot, there's no pedal no large wheel just the machine on the table. Now look at the scene in "Show Stoppers" when Sweetie Belle has a sewing machine, it does have the full mechanism (the non-magic model, perhaps?)

Assuming Equestria's calendar more or less matches ours, Spike's birthday is around June 20th and Secret of my Excess takes place very early in the season, possibly right after Lesson Zero to explain:

•The events of the second season happen after the first season

•Twilight first arrived in Ponyville around the time of the Summer Sun Celebration

•In Secret of my Excess Spike says that this is his first birthday in Ponyville (granted he could have been out of town on his birthday the year before but they probably would have done something anyway and there are more points below)

•All of the Mane 6 received their Cutie Marks around the same time and Fluttershy says that this was during Summer flight camp, therefore it happened early in Summer but before Summer Solstice/The Summer Sun Festival

•If it's early in summer vacation that would also explain why Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash were already in camp at the time, while Twilight was taking an entrance exam for the up coming school year (and it does make sense that she would have been practising for the better part of a year, there could have been a minimum age or it was too late in the year too book an exam or her parents noticed after she had been practising for a few months that she has talent for magic), both Pinkie Pie and Applejack are out of school (though depending on how many families like the Pie Family are near Ponyville Pinkie and her sisters may have been home schooled) and Rarity's class is still preparing for their end of year play (Can somepony confirm whether or no most schools have one of these? I've been told that they do but I'm home schooled so....On a side note that also means that Applejack and Rarity are probably different ages since Ponyville doesn't seem to be big enough to have more than one grade per age)

• Like 1

and Rarity's class is still preparing for their end of year play (Can somepony confirm whether or no most schools have one of these? I've been told that they do but I'm home schooled so....

Well, I was homeschooled much of my life, but I did attend high school. There were two semesters in each year at my school, and in at least one or possibly both semesters a Drama class was held... and possibly more than one. Each class performed at least one play, although I know sometimes there was time for two in the semester (depending on the advanced-ness of the class and how complicated the play was). There was also a woman who worked in the district office who was the wife of a teacher, and she directed a spring play every year, which was open to all students. It was generally performed around March or April, though the school semester ended in July or August or so.

There is also another high school in town, where I attended a few theater productions as well. I am not sure exactly when they were performed in the year, but there were plays, nonetheless. I also attended a couple at the middle school (the middle school that was the same school as the high school, but in a different building, which was different from the public Junior High), so I know they had some plays as well.

In short, plays are common for schools, though when exactly they are performed in the year varies.

Are the ponies hooves actually hooves? Because Rarity's proven they can get pruney in a hot tub.

...So are they just flesh...?

Nah. She was just showing how long she was in the hot tub. And she must have been there very long to prune hooves! :wail:

Guys I notice loop holes like in rarity's cutie mark flashback she said that the play was tomorrow yet she traveled for like three days and nights.And in the same episode RD said that she did sonic rainboom then everypony was impressed in sonic rainboom episdoe.The wonderbolts are mean.That's all I can think of now Ibloame it all as sighns of discord.

Guys I notice loop holes like in rarity's cutie mark flashback she said that the play was tomorrow yet she traveled for like three days and nights.And in the same episode RD said that she did sonic rainboom then everypony was impressed in sonic rainboom episdoe.The wonderbolts are mean.That's all I can think of now Ibloame it all as sighns of discord.

I believe that's because the lot who saw the first Sonic Rainboom were noticeably all colts and fillies. Anything as extreme as a "Sonic Rainboom" could easily be intertrepeted as "unbelievable" to the parents of said fillies/colts. This being the case, they likely grew out of the story and later dismissed it as an "old mare's tale", having being convinced as so by their parents.

That's just my theory, however. I remember many of times my ideas of seeing something being dismissed as untrue because it was ridiculous. I suppose little ponies' imaginations are considered just as broad in Equestria as they are here, hmm? :lol:

Wonder what the Mare to Stallion ratio is in Ponyville. There's got to be 20 females to 1 male there, as you hardly ever see any guys running around. Not like that's bad or anything... :artax:

Wonder what the Mare to Stallion ratio is in Ponyville. There's got to be 20 females to 1 male there, as you hardly ever see any guys running around. Not like that's bad or anything... :artax:

Not until "Hearts and Hooves", when the number of reproduction quickly sky-rocketed on the colts' ratio... :blah:

• Like 1

Well, if it were real equines, you don't need that many stallions per mare.

General "Buck" Turgidson: Doctor, you mentioned the ratio of ten women to each man. Now, wouldn't that necessitate the abandonment of the so-called monogamous sexual relationship, I mean, as far as men were concerned?

Dr. Strangelove: Regrettably, yes. But it is, you know, a sacrifice required for the future of the human race. I hasten to add that since each man will be required to do prodigious... service along these lines, the women will have to be selected for their sexual characteristics which will have to be of a highly stimulating nature.

The only thing i've noticed are that some ponies dont seem to learn their lesson... how many times has Dash been involved in a 'Dont judge a book by it's cover' lesson? how about 'dont show off' lesson? That's about all i noticed other than animation errors and other bits of continuity like Big Mac's injury.

Other than that, i havent noticed much of interest other than what's posted all over the web...