What are the chances of...

If we are taking about movie cinema movie then I have to say I would be afraid to give today's movie makers even a glimpse at MLP, cause they might ruin it. Example, when that Eragon movie came out I was really excited, cause I am a HUGE fan of the book series which is a good series to read, but the movie was a dissapointment. I almost just ran up to the closest living thing and beat it into submission by how bad it was. The books are great, but they killed the movie which could have been good.

If they can take a good book and make an AWFUL movie, I'm terrified of what they would do to an AMAZING television series.

Now if we are talking about a T.V. special, and only the people working on the show are behind the craetion of this movie then I am all for it, and eagerly waiting for it.

I can just see the trailer now...

GET READY, BECAUSE THIS MOVIE IS GOING TO MAKE YOU...

*pan screen to CGI ponies playing in generic human's apartment*

A LITTLE HOARSE.

*Shot of generic male lead standing with his arms crossed. A roll of toilet paper flies across the screen. Rainbow Dash makes a bad joke*

*WAY TOO CLOSE shot of Rainbow Dash's face. She makes the Dreamworks face*

"It's 20% cooler!"

BUT CAN THESE PONIES...

*Mane 6 posing*

HELP THEIR FRIEND

*generic brony*

FIND LOVE?

*generic blonde actress.*

*Ponies running across new york*

*Nightmare Moon's cutie mark shown on the moon*

*Applejack applebucks a tree in central park*

*Fluttershy interracting with rodents around the city*

*Rarity screaming at some hobo for being a fashion atrocity*

*mane six running across NYC*

MY LITTLE PONY: FRIENDSHIP IS MOVIE

• Like 3

If we are taking about movie cinema movie then I have to say I would be afraid to give today's movie makers even a glimpse at MLP, cause they might ruin it. Example, when that Eragon movie came out I was really excited, cause I am a HUGE fan of the book series which is a good series to read, but the movie was a dissapointment. I almost just ran up to the closest living thing and beat it into submission by how bad it was. The books are great, but they killed the movie which could have been good.

If they can take a good book and make an AWFUL movie, I'm terrified of what they would do to an AMAZING television series.

*Takes a glimpse at whole Eragon series sitting behind him* Nope. Nope at all. Further parts were fine. From part three. First and second were completely naive in my personal opinion.

While Eragon recovered its pride in part three, it lost it completely in part four book two culmination. When I've read the ending, I've ran through all the pages again searching for a little notification marking this a joke. But I didn't find one. It's like he created such a powerful antagonist, underlining his infinite strength, power and theoretical immunity to magic (due to endless magic reserves and DOZENS of YEARS of sitting, doing NOTHING but thinking about all the protective spells he could surround himself with) in every single book, that when he finally made it to writing a confrontation with him, he stumbled across a little problem: "How are they supposed to defeat him...?" And in end, due to lack of any ideas, he shrugged and made a completely ruthless, evil and totally conscienceless antagonist suddenly A: Affected by a simple spell. B: His non-existent conscience suddenly turned against him, bringing his fall. C: Look at A again and think about it: A powerful Rider-to-be who brought down the whole chapter and then spent his entire life studying magic and its mechanisms, who learned the ultimate word, NEVER discovered the ability of throwing spells without incantations? Buahahahaha! That's like the most foolish and ... well, just stupid idea I've ever heard of. So yeah, PARTS of Eragon were good, and I really regret reading the ending.

Now, back on topic: If a movie ever comes out, I wouldn't expect it to be anything like series. MLP Fans influenced the show, but do you believe any company creating it would care about the community behind it? It would be presented the way they see it. Do I have to explain what I have in mind here or is it obvious :razz:?

If a movie ever comes out, I wouldn't expect it to be anything like series. MLP Fans influenced the show, but do you believe any company creating it would care about the community behind it?

The show was created to appeal to a target audience without driving everyone else crazy. Do you think they would take a radical departure from that?

And the show is full of shoutouts to us. What do they gain by removing such things that go over the heads of little kids? How can a movie company remain successful if it ignores the desires of it's audience?

Do I have to explain what I have in mind here or is it obvious :razz:?

I have no idea where you are going.

I also do not see what you gain by creating a movie when you can just make another three-part TV series.

@IceCold: If you're talking about my post, the Spyro movie was supposed to come out on December 16th, 2011,but for reasons unknown, they pulled the plug AFTER the movie was already finished. It happened in the beginning of November 2011. All I'm saying is that I wonder if they're gonna pull off another fiasco.

Excuse me? This is Hasbro we are talking about. The people who made Battleship the board game into an action movie.

A movie is gonna come out for MLP, it's gonna suck.

And then a first person shooter is gonna come for MLP, that's gonna suck too.

No seriously, watch this un-fold right before your eyes.

Well, give Hasbro some credit..They didn't actually make the movie. It was guys like Peter Berg..Who directed other movies I might have seen but quickly forgotten. And there were aliens in the movie. Are there any aliens in my board game? Lemme check. Nope! Just ships and pegs! I think these are the same pegs they used in the game of "Life". It also had such nobodies as Liam Neeson...er...Really? Liam...Please. You're a good actor..You've been in some great movies..But are able to say, 'No Mister Agent, I do not wish to be in this movie.". It's not that hard.

As for a FIM movie. Eh. They got the people already that make the show. So that's not hard. I'd love to see an EPIC version of the show. 2 hours. Lots of cool bad guys. Make it more of an adventure like the comic book and I'd be a happy pony.

I can see a movie happening as a kind of capstone or finale to the series. At some point it has to come to a conclusion; full credit to Studio B, but it's very rare that a show can keep a consistent level of quality past 5 seasons.

If they kept the same production team on it, and just gave them the boosted budget for a theatrical release, there's no reason it couldn't turn out decent. I don't see any particular reason why they would switch production companies unless the movie was being made parallel to the show.

A lot of times for a TV show it will be near it's end of life whhen a movie is made. Reason being, they want to go out with a bang, grab tbose last few bucks based solely on familiarity, and possibly get lucky enough to continue with the show for another season or two. In some cases a movie helps draw in another demographic, ie the South Park movie, that can help keep the series going.

Its very probable there will be a movie, but it will most likely be in the form of a 80 minutes straight to DVD series. They maybe even do the 3 or 4 episode hybrid, where the movie is distributed in the season as well. I don't really have a preference, just as long as the story in a movie would promote the show and vice versa.

A movie is gonna come out for MLP, it's gonna suck.

That's exactly what people we're saying about Friendship is Magic before it aired. Granted thats a tv show, not a movie. But giving them some room to wiggle wouldn't hurt. Somehow, some great creative minds came together to make FiM, why can't the same be for a movie?