[Complete! Come see!] Telephone Pictionary 10: The Fun Has Been Doubled!

Kudos to the line writers for really helping to push this game in interesting directions (SparkleHeart's "Spike is so manly it's downright terrifying." got a good laugh from me!)

Yes, the line writers definitely kicked it up a notch this time around. While it was fun to see 10 spidershys, it is more fun to see evolution.

I was a little surprised that both the lines I got involved Spike. I was wondering if both games' original lines were about Spike.

I wrote my line, but then I had the opportunity to examine Imagination's line before I started the game. So I squinted my eyes, opened the spoiler tags and ran my eyes across it in one rapid pass. The only thing I got out of that pass was that Twilight was the subject. I had resolved to use my second choice line if Spike was the subject of Imagination's line, but that wasn't necessary.

If you look closely, you will see that Spike entered game 'A' with Accellerant's pic. At this point, Accellerant had already participated in game 'B. I wonder if consciously, or subconsciously, that inspired the super manly spike. This implies that perhaps we were NOT playing two simultaneous games, but ONE major game in two parts. If the games have an effect on each other, that adds another layer to the experience.

And well done to Weesh for running two simultaneous games!

Thank you!

What was that experience like for you guys? One of the disappointments of the normal games for me was that I pay very close attention to the game for two weeks, but I only actually get to participate once. I was hoping that this would keep people better engaged and make the wait seem easier to take. The primary drawback, i.e., the inability to firmly pick line or picture, turned out to be a non-issue this time. In fact, Fawkes was relieved to get a line for game 'B'.

Fantastic job everyone, I love everyone's interpretations! I haven't had a good laugh in a long time, let alone where I laughed so often! :lol:

My thanks to everyone who participated, excellent job everyone! :)

If you look closely, you will see that Spike entered game 'A' with Accellerant's pic. At this point, Accellerant had already participated in game 'B. I wonder if consciously, or subconsciously, that inspired the super manly spike.

It was consciously inspired. I was having one heck of a difficult time coming up with a good image that would work well with Browneh's line. There were several ideas that only had both AJ and RD, but those kinds of images are overdone so horrendously I just threw the thought out a window. They were originally going to be in dresses at a competition, but again that felt overdone. So I thought about having Spike in it again 'cause lets face it, Spike's awesome and it just felt it'd make sense to have him in the second pic. He was originally going to be playing with some pony toys, much like his scene in A Canterlot Wedding but it just felt a bit overused again. After a bit of adjusting with the original rough and comparison, the manly Spike image was born.

I'm glad that there's been such a warm reception for my images, thank you for the kind words everyone :smirk:

[colour=#282828]What was that experience like for you guys?[/colour]

I enjoyed this game and am really looking forward towards the next event!

• Like 1

I meant to say this earlier, but Starstorm's winking spike cutie mark is one of my favorite aspects of this round : )

Also, I've been sending these to my sister, and she has expressed interest in joining a game : )

Now to delete a few score of PMs to make room in my inbox...

I meant to say this earlier, but Starstorm's winking spike cutie mark is one of my favorite aspects of this round : )

Also, I've been sending these to my sister, and she has expressed interest in joining a game : )

Now to delete a few score of PMs to make room in my inbox...

Awww, thanks Weeshie! /)^3^(\ I really enjoyed Accellerant's piece!! Fantastic round scamps, and good job hosting 2 games at once Weesh!! I really liked having the dual rounds going on at once :D

Fantastic round scamps, and good job hosting 2 games at once Weesh!! I really liked having the dual rounds going on at once

Thanks!

I haven't decided yet if it is a good format, or if we just got lucky to have so few misses. Nearly every player got exactly what they signed up for this time, but who knows what will happen if we do it again? Only one player was forced to do a pic when they signed up for line/line, but Phil was a great sport about it and turned in the picture very quickly.

One nice thing about dual rounds was that a game could slow to a crawl, but because it was in the lead, I gave it plenty of grace, and it didn't feel like the game had stagnated. Or at least I hope it didn't. This happened about 3 times, and probably the only time it was noticeable was when both games slowed down simultaneously. Well, you can contradict me if you noticed. In either case, I tried to post everyday and say something to let you know the game was being pushed, even if there wan't progress. Perhaps I over-communicated?

I am still hoping for a "hard-core" mode in which all participants participate every round, just like in the paper version of the game. Perhaps there is a website that could make such a thing easy, and we could all get together one afternoon for it?

I am still hoping for a "hard-core" mode in which all participants participate every round, just like in the paper version of the game. Perhaps there is a website that could make such a thing easy, and we could all get together one afternoon for it?

Maybe we could use a combination of FlockDraw and Skype, but then again I'm not sure everyone would appreciate being forced to draw digitally.

Doodle or Die is another option but again, it'll force everyone to draw in the digital medium once more.

Maybe we could use a combination of FlockDraw and Skype, but then again I'm not sure everyone would appreciate being forced to draw digitally.

Doodle or Die is another option but again, it'll force everyone to draw in the digital medium once more.

Ah true, that would be tough for me. Ideally, I could draw at a desk, quickly scan it, and send it off. However, I would try to draw with a mouse for the first time if that is what it would take.

i would be down for that, but i just need some time to get a mic for skype, ive been holding it off, but ill try to get one soon

but another thing we could use where we wouldn't need skype is draw my thing, we could split up into a few groups of 6, and switch around the groups every time we start a new round/new game ^^

You do not need a mic for skype. You can IM on it as well.

In a normal game, you pass to the same person each time, so, conceivably, each person could be in a drawing room with the person before them, another room with the person after them, and simultaneously on skype with EVERYONE. The MC could make sure the game moves along and that we stay together.

The bigger trick is convincing people to all get online for two hours at the same time.

The bigger trick is convincing people to all get online for two hours at the same time.

Yeah, this is the problem. Still, if we can manage it, I'm sure it would be fun.

Just out of curiosity then, if were were to do this, what kind of day/time would be best for people? I think a Saturday or Sunday would work best (no school/work for most) but we have to be aware of timezone differences and such.

Are all of the participants in the United States/Canada? If so, 10am PST (1pm EST) through 12pm PST (3pm EST) might work. Including Europeans is also possible but we would shift forward a couple hours. I've had a 3 hour skype with a Tenkan while he was in England, and I live in Alaska.

Saturday would work best for me, since I often have responsibilities on Sunday morning. However, I could potentially swing Sunday if we were careful.

Please, if this interests you, post here with times that would work so we can gauge the possibility.

I am interested in participating, the only problem as of now is that school and work would conflict.

My schedule would be quite open towards the end of May, but until then the only time I'd be available would be Mon-Thurs @ 5-8pm Pacific. A problematic time for those who live outside the U.S. or on the East Coast.

I'm in England. I think the times you posted would be 6pm-9pm for me, which is doable.

daylight savings time is annoying for calculating these things, but I think EST is currently GMT -4. That would be 5pm-7pm GMT. I thought we might shift it to eat less of your evening, but if that works for you, I'd prefer it, so I don't have to wake earlier.

alright, i can do saturday!

im on eastern standard time, so 1-3?

thats do able for me, i wont have to wake up as early and i have time to get any thing done!

however, a little notice: My aunt loves making me do stuff while im busy, so i may go afk once or twice, if thats alright :razz:

so, whats everyones skype name, cuz if we can, we could start up this saturday/sunday if we get everyone.

mines teh_browneh

if that dont work, try adam brown

Hi.

I'm on EDT too, and I can do any weekday from 5-8 or so (assuming I don't have much homework), or any weekend, any time.

If it helps for you to find out, I'm EST -5, and it's 8:30 (37) right now.

Woah, hey what time is it today?! I live on the border of Oregon and California and I'm bad with timezones, what time for me and what day and what are we doing? :D