Build-A-Pony Workshop

FrankT

Oh yeah, I even saw them while we were wandering around the mall the other day. Cute. Plushies aren't something I collect.

But the Spike one is really cute.

30842348.png

• Like 1

Yus indeedie! I bought the Rainbow on day one and I just love her. These are clearly the best "official" retail plushies you'll find in terms of quality and price point.

You've seen the 4th Dimension ones, have you? :-o

http://shop.4de.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=133

I'd love to buy the Rainbow one, but they are pretty darn expensive. For me, at least. I'm not doing so well financially, so buying a 25 dollar plushie is a bit much.

Well, the 4th Dimension ones are only $24.95! ;)

They're just slowly releasing them. Twilight should be out by June, and Pinkie is listed as "Summer".

As for Spike's clothing..They need to sell a little beard for him to wear and a little bindle stick for him to carry (Ala Dragon Quest)

ec3ebd47fd1440ad4bf96e2.png

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry if I look like such a freak. XD I can't help it!

photoon6213at820am.jpg

You've seen the 4th Dimension ones, have you? :-o

http://shop.4de.com/...&product_id=133

Three reasons why I feel the Build-A-Ponies are superior:

1) They are six more inches taller than the fourth dimension ones.

2) You can add sound/music.

3) You personally 'build' it with your own heart. Plus, there is nothing more satisfying than seeing the disgusted faces of adults and horrified children watching you as you twirl around with your new plushie in the store. Nothing. :idea:

I wanted to also get the Pinkie Pie one, but apparently they actually ran out of stock here in Cali-Foalnia. It sucks too, because I totally would have added Carl Rae Jensen's 'Call Me Maybe' inside Pinkie Pie. It would have been so perfect! So, I'll probably buy one when I visit New York in a couple of weeks. I'll post another picture when I get all of the Mane Six!

• Like 2

Ooh! They're having another poll! I'm hoping that Applejack & Rarity will be announced soon (Fluttershy is already planned for release at the end of the year, I'm also hoping to have a job there by then so I'll be there when the boxes come in)

I actually just bought Rainbow Dash yesterday (I got Pinkie a few days after the release, though it's lucky I got there when I did, they had only gotten her a few days before and had already gone through half of them) so now I'm all caught up

• 2 weeks later...

I went to Build-a-Bear Workshop to try my luck again at building a Pinkie Pie, when I was told they were still out of stock.

I asked when they were going to restock, and they replied that they were never ever ever ever ever restock Pinkie Pie in any of their stores.

I thought it was cool that they referenced Pinkie Pie, but the fact that Pinkie Pie was gone fourever left a giant hole in my heart.

I was planning to run away from home until I realized that wouldn't make any sense.

So instead, I'm just going to cry myself to sleep, with music from Air Supply in the background.

In other news, Build-a-Bear Workshop is overstocked with Rainbow Dash.

Interesting news...

http://investor.hasb...eleaseID=772433

o0i.png

"

• Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie are the most successful plush line in Build-a-Bear’s history! This is very cool news. Twilight Sparkle (pictured above) is set to hit stores this fall (previous rumor was August). The press release does not mention if Spike or Fluttershy will be tagging along with her. (For more, click here.)
  • Hasbro is expanding its plush lines and has signed on to a number of licenses, many of which we have already seen (Funrise, Aurora, TY, NICI, 4th Dimension, etc.). They plan to launch several lines across North America, Europe, and Latin America.
  • IDW will be producing Equestria Girls material, assumed to be comics. There will also be EQG accessories produced by Fashion Angels.
  • Hasbro has agreed to several publishing deals with European companies who will be producing material for fans in the UK, Italy, Germany, and the Nordic countries. Little Brown and Company, Bendon, and IDW will continue to publish goods for My Little Pony worldwide. For info on new and upcoming MLP books, click here, here, and here.
  • There will be a rise in brand offerings for fashion accessories like sleepwear, t-shirts, jewelry, and hair accessories. From the press release:"

I really want a Derpy so badly! I'll enforce her and Rainbow to be good friends. :evil:

Bu...bu... she won't be a product of my hard work. ;_;

You can order the "skin" on the website and then take it to Build a Bear to fluff, brush, dress, it. ^^

• Like 1

Interesting news...

http://investor.hasb...eleaseID=772433

o0i.png

"

• Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie are the most successful plush line in Build-a-Bear’s history! This is very cool news. Twilight Sparkle (pictured above) is set to hit stores this fall (previous rumor was August). The press release does not mention if Spike or Fluttershy will be tagging along with her. (For more, click here.)
  • Hasbro is expanding its plush lines and has signed on to a number of licenses, many of which we have already seen (Funrise, Aurora, TY, NICI, 4th Dimension, etc.). They plan to launch several lines across North America, Europe, and Latin America.
  • IDW will be producing Equestria Girls material, assumed to be comics. There will also be EQG accessories produced by Fashion Angels.
  • Hasbro has agreed to several publishing deals with European companies who will be producing material for fans in the UK, Italy, Germany, and the Nordic countries. Little Brown and Company, Bendon, and IDW will continue to publish goods for My Little Pony worldwide. For info on new and upcoming MLP books, click here, here, and here.
  • There will be a rise in brand offerings for fashion accessories like sleepwear, t-shirts, jewelry, and hair accessories. From the press release:"

OMG I want that Twilight, I need to save my money to buy one

I really want a Derpy so badly! I'll enforce her and Rainbow to be good friends. :evil:

You can order the "skin" on the website and then take it to Build a Bear to fluff, brush, dress, it. ^^

Can I buy it already stuffed or do I have to take it to the store?

You have giventh thy hope.

Can I buy it already stuffed or do I have to take it to the store?

I think you can do both.

Honestly, I have this feeling I might be wrong. But why would you want to order online for your child and they don't get to have all the "rub-the-heart-warm" experience?

I can confirm with my own eyes that the Build-A-Bear in the Crystal Mall, in Waterford, Connecticut, still has at least a few of the Pinkie Pie's in stock. I also saw someone holding a Rainbow Dash. That's not why I was there, but I still thought I'd mention that.