[Army Ball] The Roast of Shining Armor OOC

Ground Rules

• All content must be WOE-appropriate!
  • Silliness is fine, but maliciousness is not.
  • Roasters are welcome to roast each other, but the focus should be on Shining Armor.
  • Try to be creative with your roasts; they do not have to be sex jokes.
  • Fandom in-jokes are welcome so long as they are appropriate and in-universe.
  • Humor is key. Have fun with it!

Format

• The roastmaster will introduce each roaster
  • After their introduction, each roaster will have a post to go through their routine where they can choose to give personal anecdotes, stuff about shining armor, or taking a jab at any of the other roasters.
  • After each roaster has gone, Shining Armor will have his chance at a rebuttal and then the roastmaster will wrap things up.
  • You are free to RP your roaster’s reaction to being roasted or any mischief to be played during your roast.
  • Please make it obvious when you are actually giving the roast as opposed to writing a reaction or talking to your neighbor.
  • Happyfuntimes.

The Roasters so far

• Roastmaster: Col. Aristotle Ironwing (ret.) (Diomedes)
  • Roastee Supreme: Capt. Shining Armor (Diomedes)
  • Princess Luna (Elderflower)
  • Princess Cadence (Hurricane)
  • Princess Twilight Sparkle
  • Twilight Velvet (Rosewind)
  • Crescent Sparkle (Steel Eagle)
  • SSG Night Watcher (Lux)
  • 1LT Fire Walker (Tacobob)
  • Col. Pommel (Bellosh101)
  • 2LT Steel Dagger (Phil the Time Wizard)

All roasters/roastees report in!

• Like 1

I'll add Night Watcher in as a Roaster. It will be interesting to have this Staff Sergeant roast a superior.

I guess I shall add (First Lieutenant) Fire Walker's name to the list. THIS should be interesting..And rather hard to post a good FAMILY friendly roasting considering most of them are generally pretty nasty. But I shall try. :halo:

Princess Luna reporting in! I need to try and learn how to be funny before my turn comes..! :D

Fire will probably sneak the good mare a "Dummy's Princess Guide To Humor" guidebook before this starts.

Hmmm..... if we're allowed to take jabs at other roasters, I think I'll have Colonel Pummel provide some choice words about his fellow colonel who's hosting the roast. If I do that then, then I'd like Pummel to go last no matter who else signs up to be a roaster after me. ;)

Considering we obviously don't get to RP every second of these characters waking hours, I can assume in between RPs, most of these character have had to interact with each other at one time. Be it at a private or personal event or even while on duty, so these characters might either know some personal details or even heard stories about each other...So far out of the characters listed here, my OC has only interacted in RP's with Luna, and that was when she was being RP'ed by another player.

For fuel for the roasting, we should post a few personal and possibly embarrassing facts about our characters the others might know about (And you know Shining is gonna get a TON of wife tossing jokes)..

Like Fire Walker for example:

1. Was a bit of a bully and kind of a jerk before enrolling into the R.E.A. A special (Strict but nurturing) older officer changed her life (Any older officers here that either used to or is currently training new recruits?)

2. While standing guard for Princess Luna during a tour of the local entertainment district, her (former) colt-friend was nearly slapped silly and dragged off to to the dungeons by the Princess Of The Night after she mistook his friendly banter with an old friend of his as actual insults..Thankfully this stallion's friends were able to keep him from such a fate (RP'ed in )

There was also the added bonus of the normally socially awkward Princess trying to get her personal guard (Fire Walker) to loosen up and have fun at the club.

3. Has a really really large family, (Has eight brothers and one sister). All those who are old enough are involved in the R.E.A. Her family has also been involved in the R.E.A. for many generations.

4. She and her family (With the exception of the youngest filly, Wind Walker) are known for being rather poor flyers.

5. She was one of the few ponies to ever tolerate Prince Bluebood (Also Rp'ed) for as long as she did.

6. Currently dating a wealthy pony from Fillydelphia named Swift Squall.

7. Has a lovely singing voice.

Anything else I should include?

What the heck. I guess I might as well try my hoof at the comedies too since this is such a fun idea. Let's hope I don't fail too bad.

I think I'll use Lt. Steel Dagger for this; he's probably my most suited for it.

For those who don't know him, Dagger is an incorrigible flirt and successful womanizer. He's also kind of snide and lazy and likes to use his status in the REA to show off. He is the son of a major and part of an REA family that goes back a long ways and has a very brash, kind of awkward sister who is a private in the army.

Good idea, Tacobob. It will help a lot if we have some cliffnotes to go off for the other Roasters. Our list is getting pretty substantial now, so I just want to remind everypony that you don't have to address EVERYONE on the list. You are welcome to address or rebuff who you want and pass on the others. I will take one more roaster for this list so it doesn't get too out of control. Then we can kick off the party with Lurve Princess!

Col. Ironwing

• Obvious old man jokes are obvious
  • Was a part of the diplomatic envoy to Aquellia during his prime, spent a lot of time in the griffon lands
  • Name is from an archaic naming standard
  • Statuesque physique
  • Son turned down enlistment to be a mail pony
  • Late wife was a Wonderbolt
  • Runs and flies for PT every morning, despite being retired
  • Retirement jokes

Capt. Shining Armor

• Wife tossing
  • Pretty boy - ridiculously photogenic stallion meme
  • Boyish looks
  • Victim of the changeling incident and Sombra's magic
  • Transferred to the Crystal Empire
  • Wife is a princess. Being a garrison commander pales in comparison.
  • Jokes about kids
  • Overshadowed by sister Princess Twilight Sparkle

Here's some facts on Col. Pummel:

• Spent much of his early years in Aquellia living with the Razorclaw family, as part of a student exchange program.
  • Is a griffophile as a result, while also being vastly ignorant of current Equestrian pop culture.
  • Mentored by Aristotle Ironwing.
  • Probably the most demanding officer serving in REA.
  • Will not eat anything if it "tastes good", believing it'll keep him healthier.
  • Actually is very fit for his advanced age, though he's far from being the pretty boy that Shining Armor is.
  • Dreads retirement and a desk job with all his heart.

• 4 weeks later...

Just curious... is it too late to sign-up? I saw that you said you were willing to take one more roaster. And Moon Walker (Fire Walker's older brother) is part of the REA. And this sort of thing is right up his alley.

I never thought about giving him a rank... *LOL* My guess is he probably hasn't been terribly ambitious, especially since having a small family has probably slowed him down some. And I have trouble picturing him in a major leadership position. Maybe to balance it out, Moon Walker can be just your everyman-type soldier/guard. Or if he must be higher-ranked than that... Corporal. *lol*

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry about letting this hang for a while, but I'm putting this on hold until I can get some things sorted out. Thanks for your patience.