Season 4 talk

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've got fairly high hopes for Season 4. With Twilight's recent... development, the characters could have some all new chemistry. The show could take a new direction, and change, rather than run itself into the ground. Of course I hope the show doesn't change too much; I want it to be the same old FiM, in essence.

Also the CMC need to get their gosh darn cutie marks already.

All hail Rosewind, mover of threads!! :D

Anywho, the CMC is a lose-lose situation for me.

If they don't get their marks, it may become irritating. If they do, what will happen to their blank-flank relationship?

I mean, I don't like the way it could turn out...

What if they receive cutie marks about them learning that a cutie mark won't make them truly happy?

My concerns are about the new villians and possibly new creatures. Who's the next big bad and how is he/she going to be defeated? I hope the elements of harmony break because I'm tired of that. Every major problem they had (except Sombra and Chrysalis) was solved with the elements. And I'm sure of the could've of used them on Chrys and Sombra, they would've.

What's be come of The Great and Apologetic Trixie?... I don't like her new title...

Will we get an episode dedicated to somepony besides the normal Tier 1 characters? I'd like to see a Celestia or Cadence episode. Or perhaps another WonderBolt academy ep. They never told us if Dash made it on the team.

I want to see just one of the CMC receive their cutie marks. It would be interesting to see how the writers handle that situation--jealousy from the two who didn't get theirs, resentment from the lucky filly that her friends aren't happy for her.

I'm sure it would resolve with them staying friends and the cutie marked one helping the others find their cutie marks, but it would be cute.

Perhaps this is the reason why Season 4 isn't going to be coming (reportedly) till next year. Trying to come up with 26 more original episodes with the main character (now PRINCESS Twilight Sparkle) in an entirely different environment won't be easy.

Part of what made MLP FiM work was the chemistry among the Mane 6. Even in the eps featuring the CMCs, members of the Mane 6 still played major roles in them. That chemistry may not exist anymore with Twilight's 'promotion' to Princess.

There's still plenty of past lore to work with. There's always the Everfree Forest to explore or perhaps returns to Appleoosa and/or Dodge Junction. Of course, there will be a return to the Crystal Empire for the Equestria Games. Maybe even a scary trip to Tartarus?

As for villians, it's true Trixie may be reformed, but how about Flim and Flam? Lots of potential for mayhem there! And speaking of mayhem..... Discord is now free to roam! He might be a kinder, gentler Discord but he's still Discord.

I don't know, I have plenty of reservations about Season 4. But then again, I was wrong (to a degree) about the EQG Movie so I could be wrong about Season 4 too.

Time will tell.

I'd see some parts of Season 4 being how Twilight copes with being a Princess, especially the responsibilities.

For the CMCs, I'd think it would be interest to see one of them get a mark and how it would affect the others.

I'd like to see Chrysalis back. After all she's the one not reformed.

I'd like to see Trixie learn that despite her show magic she actually is a pretty powerful unicorn. Like a redemption story.

There is a lot of speculations lately, I see Twilight can properly fly like a pegasus would. And also the myth is that all alicorns are immortal, right? Well, it's busted, a crew member mentioned that Twilight will not outlive her friends, so I predict Twilight will live and die normally same case for Cadance. It's not fair to see your loved ones to die compare to Celestia & Luna.

And now, villain wise, I hope to find a better one as I prefer darker stories like G1 would deliver such as the story that features the badass ones like Tirek or Grogar. G4 ones are not so much when Nightmare Moon being the only episodes that gives a darkness and "scary" feel.

Alright, Mojo said about the Equestria Games, sure, I wonder how will it look like when it comes to various ponies from various cities. Plus, I'm pretty sure other creatures will turn up such as zebras, deers and possibly even giraffes.

Well, we blame Hasbro for all of these. We all treat Twilight the same way like that just the same as Cadance, right? But I'm glad that the whole all alicorns are immortal myth is busted all thanks to a crew member saying Twilight will not outlive her friends.

Oh, Spike's mother? :o

I don't know about you, everypony. I remembered there are other speculations that are normally going to be featured in Season 3 but didn't appear, here's what I remember the scenes before it came out and hopefully Season 4 may feature.

1. Fluttershy as a dragon

2. Rarity goes head to head with Octavia in an opera or singing competition.

3. Gilda returns

All hail Rosewind, mover of threads!! :D

Anywho, the CMC is a lose-lose situation for me.

If they don't get their marks, it may become irritating. If they do, what will happen to their blank-flank relationship?

I mean, I don't like the way it could turn out...

What if they receive cutie marks about them learning that a cutie mark won't make them truly happy?

I think its already irritating. The best episodes they have could have still happened if they had their cutie marks. I think its time to move the characters on so they can explore new stories. An episode about them wondering if they can still be friends after getting their cutie marks could be great. I imagine knowing their talents would lead them to finding others with similar talents, a fear of growing apart and the realization they can still be close friends even if they don't spend as much time together as they did before. It would be a good coming of age story that will tie nicely into Twilight's on going stories about growing up.

I think its already irritating. The best episodes they have could have still happened if they had their cutie marks. I think its time to move the characters on so they can explore new stories. An episode about them wondering if they can still be friends after getting their cutie marks could be great. I imagine knowing their talents would lead them to finding others with similar talents, a fear of growing apart and the realization they can still be close friends even if they don't spend as much time together as they did before. It would be a good coming of age story that will tie nicely into Twilight's on going stories about growing up.

And, looking at it from a "This is a Kid's Show First" perspective, that would be a really great lesson for the intended audience. Just because your summer soccer camp is over, your momma takes you out of karate class, or you all go to middle school or something, it doesn't have to mean you stop being friends, even (especially?) if you also make new friends. A shared activity is something friends do, it is not what friends are, and going through a change doesn't mean you have to abandon your old friends. It seems like something kids tend to do, especially once they hit middle school age.

I also wonder if they're going to address whether or not Scootaloo is some homeless vagrant child. Where are your parents, Scootaloo.

I would love to see how they'll get their cutie marks in that season, that is a good surprise to see. But the bad news is I fear the most is, sure, getting the cutie mark is great, but it'll also cause the show to become closer towards its closure. :(

The show is going to continue as long as its profitable no matter how the characters develop,

[colour=#282828]I also wonder if they're going to address whether or not Scootaloo is some homeless vagrant child. [/colour]Where are your parents, Scootaloo.

Scootlaoo, in order to go on the field trip we need your parents to sign this permission slip

sad_scootaloo_by_rainbowcrab-d4be5c2.png

Oh, interesting episode idea, but without the permission slip signed up, surely the other CMCs will have to convince Ms. Cheerilee.

Hey, this one reminds me of an episode in Recess when Gus Griswald could not join the trip when his military father, a General of the Army forgot to give his permission slip, and therefore, Gus is stranded.

With what was shown in the Comicon Video & Q&A here are episodes that ARE coming:

Pie Sisters Visit

Scootaloo Can't Fly

Nightmare Moon/Luna history

SuperPonies

Musical Episode centered on Pinkie

A Rarity episode!

Things we are getting: MORE ZECORA!

Things we're not: More Babs Seed

Archived